The Coming of the Zioth
More pages
Game Turns

Turn Index

Book 1

Chapter 1plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigChapter 1: A Chance Meeting in Dunweig (Rewrite of turn 1)

This is a rewrite of Turn 1, and the second revision of this chapter (previous version). I have taken many more liberties with events and dialogue in these rewrites than in the turns, where I never modify dialogue except to correct typos.

It had been a long journey, and there was still a long way to go. It was a month today since

Chapter 2plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigChapter 2: An Anxious Employer (Rewrite of turns 1, 2 and 3)

This is a rewrite of Turn 1, Turn 2 and Turn 3, and the second revision of this chapter (previous version). I have taken many more liberties with events and dialogue in these rewrites than in the turns, where I never modify dialogue except to correct typos.

Ardith, Sahlman and Brinn exchanged the names of the inns where they were staying, and they agreed to meet at the Red Eye Tavern at noon. When they got there, they sat at a table together and ordered food. Soon, Huerten City

Chapter 3plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigChapter 3: Knowing All the Facts (Rewrite of turns 3, 4 and 5)

This is a rewrite of Turn 3, Turn 4 and Turn 5.

Continuing was difficult at first. Ardith and Ziedon could only carry the townsman so far, and they had to stop every minute or so to rest. Brinn was not nearly tall enough to take a corner of the litter. Although Sahlman tried to help, it was obvious that his arm was causing him trouble, and after half an hour, he had to admit that he'd done all he could.

Chapter 4plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigChapter 4: Trouble in Grenzig (Rewrite of turns 5, 6, 7 and 8)

This is a rewrite of Turn 5, Turn 6, Turn 7 and Turn 8.

With Brinn strapped securely to his back, Sahlman climbed the rope. Occasionally Brinn would startle the warrior by jerking his head suddenly and mumbling, as if waking from a dream.

Kay pulled up the rope when Sahl reached the top.

Chapter 5plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigChapter 5: Taking the Town by Force (Rewrite of turns 6, 7 and 8)

This is a rewrite of Turn 6, Turn 7 and Turn 8.

Sahlman heard the whistle. He looked up to the top of the large tree, and then at the townsman. Muttering, he quickly removed his kheffiya and desert robe, and stuffed them into his shoulder bag. His appearance would still be notable, but definitely not so much as it had been.

Chapter 6plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigChapter 6: Balban's Reward (Rewrite of turns 8, 9 and 10)

This is a rewrite of Turn 8, Turn 9 and Turn 10. I have taken many more liberties with events and dialogue in these rewrites than in the turns, where I never modify dialogue except to correct typos.

The morning offered a pitiful view of Grenzig. The doors to public buildings swung free in the wind, some hanging by a single hinge or laying on the ground. Shutters had been smashed, and scattered shards of broken glass were all that remained of once valuable

Book 2

Turn 11plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 11: In the Forest

Feeling better than he had in some time, Sahlman el'Musafir gave his borrowed steed its head. These horses, he thought to himself, are faster and far more comfortable to ride than the camels of my homeland. Following that was another thought. He now felt more concern, more passion, for this place than he did for the place of his birth. That idea rolled back and forth for a bit inside of Sahl's head. In a moment or two, he decided that, while perhaps that fact should bother him, it did not. His h…

Turn 12plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 12: Brininig

“Strange creature,” Kay whispered after the Brining scurried up the tree, “and an even stranger pet.”

Sahlman was amazed at the revelation of the Brinninig. In his desert home, one might find the occasional Dwarf, but the desert variety of Dwarf resembled nothing so much as a short, weather-beaten human. This Brinninig, though: why, there was no resemblance at all between it and a man. And the way it paid him not the slightest bit of attention, even though Sahl must have made enough racket to w…

Turn 13plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 13: An Attempt to Continue

All three adventurers and the townsman's servant were left shocked on the ground. Their clothes were torn in places, and the women's hair was in disarray and full of leaves.

Ardith shook herself off and muttered, “Well, that was interesting. Wonder what that windy voice was all about.

Turn 14plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 14: A Fight with Wolves

Ardith came awake slowly, and smiled when she saw that it was Sahlman's hand on her arm. When he pointed out the wolf-pack, Ardith remembered her dream. She wondered whether she could hide the horses and the members of the party, but decided that it would probably frighten the horses too much.

Turn 15plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 15: Ziedon's Adventure: Through the Fire

This first part was originally posted as “turn 10 supplement” on 11/21/1996.

Ziedon made his way from Grenzig, following the details of the map closely. He walked for days, until he finally came to a small hill. 'How could this be Rakbaven?' Ziedon thought. He checked and rechecked the map. He had seen all the landmarks encapsulated within that sloppy double circle on the map, so this hill, barely thirty feet high, had to be Rakbaven.

Turn 16plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 16: Ziedon's Adventure: Animal Moss

Ziedon opened his eyes and tried to remember why they were shut. 'Everything is white - no, yellow. Now it's green. Yes, green, but blurry. It's becoming clearer. There; something moved. Something big. No, it's gone. It's hot; oh, so hot. Yes, I was just in a fire. But I couldn't feel anything.' He tried to move his arm. 'It hurts, but I can move it.' He felt around. 'Wet. Very wet. Is it raining? No, I'm not outside; I'm in a tunnel. Oh, my head hurts!' He felt his leg: bare skin. Part of his c…

Turn 17plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 17: Ziedon's Adventure: The Maze of Foors

Ziedon continued quickly through the tunnel. None of the other creatures followed him; they kept running about doing whatever they were doing before.

It was only a few minutes before he came to a fork in the tunnel. The left fork went down, and the right headed up. The two were identical in all other respects.

Turn 18plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 18: Ziedon's Adventure: A New Master

The man tossed the stone into the air a few times, and then spoke in a deep voice. “I am the master to whom my two servants guided you. I have been searching the world for those worthy of my guidance, and you alone have passed my tests. You are foolishly brave at times, but you know how to recognize and solve a puzzle you are given. I commend you.

Turn 19plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 19: Ziedon's Adventure: Talking Cats

Ziedon left through the door of the tower, and watched, without much surprise, as the tower collapsed into itself until it was once again a small hill. He made sure the orb his master gave him was secure in its well-padded belt pouch, and began to follow the map.

Turn 20plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 20: A Storm Will Lead the Way

The tale of Ziedon's adventures held Sahlman's full attention. The desert dweller listened in awe to the recounting, his craggy face fully expressing his astonishment at many of the story's details. His mind fairly boggled at the idea of spending so much time under the ground, closed in, surrounded and trapped. 'Agh, this

Turn 21plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 21: Maelbourg

Ziedon looked at the group and their sad state of appearance and made a suggestion. “Perhaps we should find lodgings and cleanse ourselves. Ulan can wait until we are presentable.” Leaning heavily on his staff, he looked around for someone he could ask a question of. The appearance of the group prevented most people from coming near them, but eventually,

Turn 22plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 22: Nothing Gained

Before going to sleep, Ardith invited Kay to join her in prayer to Andritha. The two women prayed together in their room for a few minutes, and then made up their cots with blankets and went to sleep.

In the morning, they came down to the common room and had some bread, cheese, and a hot, sweet drink the bartender offered them that smelled faintly of alcohol.Jackol Worsen

Turn 23plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 23: The Minstrel's Song

Kay listened, enraptured, to the man's singing and playing. It reminded her of the songs of her homeland. She found the man attractive, and wished she could get his attention. Kay's heart went to her throat as the minstrel sat next to her. His presence, even his clean, male odor went to her head.

Turn 24plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 24: The Lost Scroll

Sahlman was furious to the point of distraction over losing the fight, over his soiled garments, and over allowing his weapons to be lost, even temporarily. If that had happened in the desert, he would have been dead. He could not quite comprehend why he was still alive, nor why his plans failed so dreadfully. He was unable to sit and listen to

Turn 25plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 25: Ziedon, the Necromancer

Sahlman was bone weary, winded, beaten and filthy. His attitude was eroded to a dangerous level by the events of the evening. When the strange, shadowy man with his feathers and beads materialized to bring down the fleeing thief, the traveller was nearly unable to remain standing. He wished for nothing so much as to be able to fall to the cobblestones and lie there forever. By main force of will, the desert man did not do so. As he would have done while defending his oasis against marauding raid…

Turn 26plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 26: Kreemon the Ranger

Ardith smiled and turned to the newcomer. “Hail and well met, stranger. I am Ardith, Priestess of Andritha. Thank you for your assistance. How may we thank you?”

The man nodded his head at Ardith, and pulled at his goatee distractedly. “Good morrow to you, priestess. I go by Kreemon Fangly. As for thanks, I would much appreciate word of where I might find employment.

Turn 27plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 27: Korisca the Thief

Sahlman slept the sleep of the dead, and awoke in midst of some vague nightmare hours before dawn. Unable to return to his slumber, he forced himself out of bed, and headed for the bath houses. A good scrubbing of himself and his clothing was just what the he needed. Some time later, a clean

Turn 28plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 28: Townsman Ulan

Korisca stood up and looked at Kreemon. “I suppose I should go take this ... bath, and get new clothes, but I don't know where such places are.”

“Well, I know where the bath house is and can escort you there if you wish. As for clothes ... the market place probably would the best bet. You might even find someone with a cart of second hand clothing you could sort through to see if anything would fit you. I've found a few good bargains doing that. You do have to be careful though. They, the cloth…

Turn 29plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 29: The Message

Kreemon left Korisca at the bathhouse and took a short walk back to the marketplace. The market was not crowded, but it was not empty either. There were many people about, entering and leaving shops, examining the few booths that lined the main road, or just standing and talking to friends. A group of children was playing a game Kreemon did not recognize. Every time a horseman, those few that there were, came by, the children grabbed a few dozen trinkets from the road and ran to the side.

Turn 30plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 30: Questionable Gains

Sahlman stood staring at the townhouse. His mind raced from one to another of the topics currently facing himself and the other members of the small band. Balban's trustworthiness, or lack thereof, was one concern. The day to day matters of survival were another.

Turn 31plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 31: The Last Night in Maelbourg

Ziedon spoke up again, eagerly changing the conversation. “We need to leave immediately.”

“I agree, Sir Mage,” Ardith said. “I do not like the feel of this town, nor of the townsman we have met. Let us provision ourselves from the innkeeper, and be on our way.

Turn 32plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 32: Departure

Ziedon was woken by Sahlman a few hours before dawn. As Sahl arranged himself comfortably on his blanket to sleep through the last watch, Ziedon quietly claimed a corner of the room and sat down.

Ziedon watched over everyone in silence, his eyes frequently returning to the still form of the thief. 'How easy it would be,' he thought, but each time he lowered his hands to boost himself off the floor, he shook his head. 'No, it is too soon.'

Turn 33plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 33: Another Approach

'Not good. No, not good at all,' thought Sahlman as he scrambled for readiness. For a split second, visions flashed before Sahl's eyes: cloaked raiders materializing out of the frigid darkness to tear through a peaceful bedouin camp, black blood bubbling pink and frothy in the wake of his scimitar, screams and wails of despair from the friends and relatives, from the wives and children, of those not strong enough to hold on to that most precious of treasures

Turn 34plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 34: The Townsman's Dilemma

The only emotion Sahlman could solidly identify at that moment was confusion. Perhaps if he had been paying more attention to Ulan, instead of checking all around for Forgolon Deepthroat, he might have been able to better assay what was going on. As it was, nothing was as it seemed, or nothing seemed as it was, one of the two. Either way, Sahl was left shaking his head. He had to look around at the groveling Ulan, just to make doubly certain that it was he, indeed, who was doing the begging. It …

Turn 35plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 35: A Partial Resolution

'Good,' Ardith thought as Ulan signalled his men. She had no desire for an armed conflict, or any other type for that matter.

Ardith's plan was to use Ulan's plight to gain information -- information she desperately wished to have -- about Balban and his motives, how Ulan became Balban's agent in

Turn 36plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 36: New Arrivals

Thrilled as he was by the feel of the magnificent mount beneath him, Sahl's lingering apprehension was instantly reborn as full-blown paranoia. Five more soldiers, plus one on either flank. The warrior transferred the reins to his left hand, then backed his mount a couple of shuffling steps. His eyes kept constant track of the seven men around him. The horse must have sensed his tension, because it was fidgeting and trembling just a bit.

Turn 37plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 37: Ziedon's Day

Listening to the rest of the conversation, Kay giggled at the talkative soldier, then stepped forward as though to speak.

Ardith touched her arm and whispered, “Let's stay out of this for the moment. Ziedon is doing quite well without help. He's getting more information than we have gotten for days. And remember, men in these parts find it strange enough for women to be armed, never mind that they take part in _their_ conversation.

Book 3

Turn 38plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 38: Dunweig

Korisca appeared from behind a large tree, but remained as unnoticeable as possible. She had trouble comprehending the recent events. A few days before, she was an unrecognized lowlife in Maelbourg, and this day she had dealt with a townsman. Then, her primary enemy, who could deal out the ancient powers like a deck full of aces, left with little explanation. She had no idea what was going on, but with

Turn 39plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 39: Ranes's

“Tolls for bridges, tolls to enter the town, what'll be next, a toll to use the facilities?” Kreemon muttered.

“Animals are permitted on the main roads only. We try to keep the town clean,” the guard said as they passed the gateway.

Each lantern in the town shone as a streaked globe through the fog, barely providing enough light to walk by. The first hazy building they saw gave itself away as an inn by its height and shape, and the amount of light emanating from a particular room.

Turn 40plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 40: The Healer

Ardith pushed open the doors, followed a narrow hallway, pushed open another set of doors, and entered into the sanctuary, which was, at the moment, empty. It seemed that most of the building was sanctuary. Its ceiling was as high as the rooftop, and narrow windows began ten feet above the floor, and extended twenty more toward the heavens. Spaced out on the walls was a series of once-gilt Signs of the Healer, in addition to smaller symbols of

Turn 41plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 41: A Week in Dunweig

The white and red cloth slipped out of the healer's aged hand, and fell to the floor. The healer's eyes widened ever so slightly, before they resumed their normal shape. “Clumsy old fingers,” he said. “Clean that up.” One of the apprentices, his eyes still on the man's leg, peeled the cloth off the floor, and with it wiped up as much of the red cream as he could.

Turn 42plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 42: The Butcher Moren

Kreemon bent down and touched the butcher's cheek with the back of his hand. Moren radiated an almost unnatural cold, as if he had just come in from bad snowstorm. He was most definitely dead.

“Who can tell me what happened here?” Kreemon asked of the crowd. No one volunteered an answer.

Turn 43plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 43: Master Johannes Eltermann

The inn was filling up with fishermen, who spoke mainly of their extraordinary catches that day. Moren's name flowed around the room as well, as each table of eavesdroppers passed it on to the next.

“Priestess!” Ardith was startled to find Ranes several steps in front of her, looking up at her face with a nervous smile as he walked.

Turn 44plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 44: The Investigation Begins

“Ardith.”

A voice.

“Come here.”

Ardith looked for the source of the voice, and saw nothing. She looked for anything at all, and saw nothing. She looked for darkness, and could not find even that. Ardith screamed and woke up.

The butcher's skin had taken on a color normal for a corpse by the time it was moved to the watching room for the night. By morning, the watching apprentice had nothing to say about it. As was the tradition in

Turn 45plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 45: The Temple of the Orithory

Ranes' was filling with lunchtime customers, who still spoke quite a bit about the butcher, although not near as much as the day before.

“Something strange is going on at the Temple,” said the deep, throaty voice voice a man behind a wooden pillar.

Turn 46plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 46: A Scene of Death

Kreemon broke through the crowd, drawing his sword again as he rushed the door. He slowed enough to try the doorknob, but nevertheless crashed into the door with the momentum of his run, causing it to squeak and crack. The door was locked, but gave easily at a second rush.

Turn 47plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 47: Johannes' Breakdown

Around Ardith's hand, the bruises subsided, until there were only a few blue lines winding through otherwise healthy-looking skin. The man took one wheezing, shuddering breath, and let it out slowly. His chest hardened as the splinters of bone fused together. His eyes flickered open but then closed tight, and his breathing was once again a slow, trickling wind.

Turn 48plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 48: The Healer and the Temple

Four men entered Rosteral's house, apparently having been asked inside. Ardith, just ready to leave, sat back down and signaled the serving wench for a refill of all their drinks. “Let's just stay and watch a while,” she murmured.

Kay grinned, halfway out of her chair, and said,

Turn 49plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 49: A Dark Man, a Shadow

“No, not there! Please, slow down! I don't care what freedoms you've had elsewhere; you can not behave this way in a temple of Andritha! And I already told you, that animal must be sent back up to wait outside! Wait!”

Kreemon stopped suddenly, and glared at the priest.

Turn 50plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 50: A Night to be Forgotten

This time the priest led them in his own fashion, quietly and slowly. There was no attempt by Kreemon or Johannes to rush past him and hurry things up. When they got outside, Ardith was more surprised than the others to see how much time had passed. The sun was already half concealed by the western wall of

Turn 51plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 51: An Eventful Departure

Unusual for her, as Ardith was one of those who woke up ready for anything, she sleepily went through her morning ablutions, woke up Kay, said her morning prayers, then, checking to see if Kay was actually up, thought about their mission and getting on with it. They'd been in this town long enough, she thought.

Turn 52plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 52: Korisca's Story

Ardith was overcome with dismay that the events in the guardhouse had led to bloodshed, but they had happened so fast that there had been nothing she could do. Not that she was unaccustomed to or abhorrent of bloodshed, but that it had seemed so unnecessary. She also wondered why both

Turn 53plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 53: Johannes's Vision (Johannes only)

DM's Introduction

Johannes woke early on the chilly morning of the eleventh of Farinon. He hugged his arms to his breast, trying to rid himself of a lingering chill. Something didn't feel right, so he lifted his hands and looked them over. They were dirty and scarred, but narrow and light. They were a woman's hands. He took those strange hands and felt up and down his body, but somehow was not shocked at what he found. He was

Turn 54plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 54: Osander River Village

Johannes shook his head slightly, trying to calm his mind, struggling to sort out that which he heard from the strange vision he had seen. “So this former companion of yours was performing odd experiments on sheep... the fact that he caused the bones of that sheep to bend

Turn 55plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 55: The magic of Osander River Village

Johannes saw the light flicker, and a crash of thunder miles away, but otherwise he was unaware of Ardith's attempts to wake him; the farmer was in the way. His wife and seven children, ranging in age from two to around fifteen, stood inside, staring in much the same way the farmer had.

Turn 56plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 56: Discovery by Night (Johannes only)

Johannes felt a tap on his shoulder. It was dark, and the floor he was lying on was cold. Another vision? No, Lutont was bending low over him, close enough that he could see the man's face in the dim light of the dying fire. Lutont gestured to the door, and put his fingers to his lips. The others were still sleeping.

Turn 57plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 57: Rielicca's Accusations

It was still dark when the group, one by one, woke to the sound of muffled conversations outside. Lutont and Johannes were already sitting by the door, eating some kind of hot wheat mush, when Kreemon got up. “They're waiting for all of you to come out,”

Turn 58plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 58: The Journey to Huerten

As soon as their escort turned back to Osander River Village, the party mounted their horses and rode on toward Huerten. The sky was clear and bright, what was visible through the trees, and well before noon, the snow melted. The air was still cold though, and smelled of a winter that was more than a month off.

Turn 59plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 59: Kreemon and the Second Clerk (Kreemon only)

Kreemon headed for the Baron's keep, making a few subtle inquiries along the way about the patrols outside the city. He asked several people, but soon realized that neither the patrols nor the group they sought were common knowledge. That pursuit at an end, he began to formulate a plan for how he would deal with the message.

Turn 60plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 60: Tracking Kreemon (Ardith, Kay, Sahlman and Johannes only)

As the inn's door swung behind Kreemon and Bork, Ardith said, “I like this not. Kreemon was all too eager to take the scroll, and to confront the baron. Not that I have any reason to suspect foul play by Kreemon, quite the opposite, but... well, something stinks here.

Turn 61plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 61: Inside the Walls

Kay saw that Bork had seen her, and probably Kreemon also. She did not know what to make of the tableau she had witnessed, so she hastily, but still as quietly as possible, retreated back to where Ardith waited.

She reported to her friend in hasty whispers.

Turn 62plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 62: Below the Castle

Kreemon kept his hand on the slippery wall, and followed it wherever it led. After only a few feet, he hit his head against stone and learned that the passage became only four feet high. When the grate began to slide open, Kreemon signaled the others to duck into the passage and hurried on.

Turn 63plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 63: The Swim to Shore

“Move to the sides,” Kreemon whispered. “Keep going forward.” He stopped briefly to check the water level before following his own advice. The water was getting deeper. In the center, it now reached up to the base of Kreemon's middle finger, when before it was only two knuckles deep. Either the water was rising, or the passage was sloping downward. Another minute of running and the water was ankle-deep, even on the edges, and at least a food deep in the middle.

Turn 64plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 64: Sahlman's Adventure: Ulan's Soldiers

The first three paragraphs were originally posted as “Turn 37 Supplement,” on 8/31/98.

“HA!” Sahlman let out with a loud cry to his restless steed, leading the other three men back toward Maelbourg. At the next possible chance, Sahl would cut back on a different road toward Grenzig. He didn't know what

Turn 65plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 65: Sahlman's Adventure: The Brininig

In moments, Sahl's darting glance had traversed the three hundred sixty degrees of terrain that surrounded him, hoping against hope that he would catch a glimpse of the second soldier, hoping that he would not discover the man just preparing to slide a blade through the weathered brown skin of his torso. As he performed this automatic function of viewing his environment, Sahl spoke,

Turn 66plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 66: Sahlman's Adventure: A Farmer's Trap

Sahlman rose before dawn, more than ready to get moving. Snow had stopped accumulating shortly after dusk, so there was only half an inch on the ground, not even enough to scrape up for drinking water.

Sahl was on his way within fifteen minutes, eager to move again. All three horses had survived the night, but they had to be walked for hours before their legs had fully thawed. The morning remained cold, but the snow was melting by noon, and it became much easier to travel despite the dampness …

Turn 67plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 67: Sahlman's Adventure: The state of Maelbourg

Half a mile from the perimeter of Maelbourg, Sahlman turned to Forgolon. “This is dangerous work. We must talk now. I tell you, what I want is for my friends to be free and not work for bad men. This is all I want. You tell me now. Who is lord of Maelbourg now? Who put my friends in jail? Why they in jail? What you want from me?

Turn 68plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 68: Sahlman's Adventure: A Clumsy Stalker

A few miles from Maelbourg, Sahlman slowed down to a quick walk. As soon as he did so, he thought he heard a second set of distant hoof beats behind him, but then they died down until all he could hear was the forest sounds, and Zephyr's hooves on pine needles and newly fallen autumn leaves.

Turn 69plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 69: Sahlman's Adventure: The Murderer of Dunweig

Before dawn, the pair packed up, ate a brief breakfast and were on their way. The sky was clear and the weather was warming up, and a pleasant breeze blew between the trees. Shortly after noon, Sahlman spotted the Black Lake in the distance. Hebabelt explained that its name came from its dark sands and thick under-water growth, and that it was known to catch foreigners and even the occasional local by surprise in the night. More than one person had fallen into the water before noticing it was th…

Turn 70plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 70: Sahlman's Adventure: Kgeih

Sahlman spent the night at the inn. When dawn came and Hebabelt didn't, he left a note with Ranes, saying that he would be following Ardith to Huerten. He rode off at first light.

The guards at the gate were not nearly so friendly as they'd been on the way in. They questioned Sahl for over an hour, asking about his current destination and his previous travels, making him account for each of his weapons and every item in his saddle bags, and they even sent a runner to Ranes' to verify that Sahl…

Turn 71plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 71: Sahlman's Adventure: Searching for Ardith

The knights didn't give Sahlman much time to sleep. They woke him well before dawn with, “there's no time to waste!” and pushed their horses hard through the morning. In the following hours, they passed three more patrols, and only a few other travelers, who avoided the knights. It seemed that every town Sahl visited lately had undergone some recent change that made it act differently towards visitors. Dmerzig and Grenzig had been conquered,

Turn 72plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 72: The Return of Sahlman

When Sahl woke, the door was closed. He had a headache, and he thought he felt a trickle of blood coming from somewhere on his head. Ardith was kneeling over him. Her words faded into his consciousness. “I'm so sorry, Sahl. I didn't know who you were until it was too late.

Turn 73plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 73: The Zahiran (Kreemon only)

Kreemon dragged himself to shore a couple hundred feet from Ardith and Kay, away from the docks and any ships, and lay panting on the sand. He relaxed for only a few minutes to catch his breath, and then slowly and unsteadily rose to his feet. Despite the intense chill it sent up and down his spine, he put on his wet shirt and then headed into town, towards the house that he'd found earlier, with the special symbol.

Turn 74plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 74: Kreemon and Sahlman

Sahl reacted urgently to Kreemon's voice. Rolling to his feet, he called out, “Please let him in Brunner! I need to talk to this man.” He hastily walked to the door. “Hello Kreemon, I have been hearing bad things about you.” Kreemon had changed his appearance much as Sahl had changed his, though Kreemon no doubt had done it for more desperate reasons. His goatee was gone, and his hair now hung loose. His clothes were changed, and he wore a long hooded cloak. Without the facial hair, the prominen…

Turn 75plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 75: Johannes's Adventure: The Destruction of a Mob

Johannes trudged away from the others, shaking his head slowly and muttering. “That Kreemon is a madman. I don't know why his companions tolerate him.” He emitted a long sigh, and made his way over the crest of the hill, towards Mindolpha's hovel.

The rising sun added nothing to the hovel that it didn't quickly take away. Even the walls were in poor repair, and it seemed like masses of caulk and tar used in haphazard repairs were all that held them together. The half of the roof that had not c…

Turn 76plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 76: Johannes's Adventure: Attacked in the Forest

Johannes's watch was punctuated by brief flashes that he had difficulty understanding. A woman appeared and disappeared. Then an older woman. Then he was the older woman. Then he saw a boy, then a rabbit, and then a tree. A large man pulling a small plow. Two men fighting on a sandy beach that sparkled with ice crystals. The silhouette of a huge bird flying across a full-moon

Turn 77plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 77: Johannes's Adventure: A Burning Cat

Johannes woke to the light of the sun and the sound of Mineasia's playful voice. She was not at all surprised to find Johannes in a bedroll with her mother, and seemed to have completely forgotten the frightening experiences of the previous night. “Can I ride Roomis again?

Turn 78plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 78: Johannes's Adventure: Escaping to Brundash

“There's a tunnel! A tunnel underneath the town. And they were teaching sorcerers under there... and... the experiments... how long ago?” He clutched at his head, paralyzed by blinding pain. “It hurts! Oh, by my god, it hurts!” He struggled to pull himself upright, tears forming at the corners of his eyes.

Turn 79plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 79: Johannes's Adventure: Return Home

Johannes blinked slowly, adjusting to the sudden change to where he was -- or where he thought he was. “What happened?” He spoke slowly. “I don't remember anything of what happened...”

“Master Steiner -- Karl -- found you in a village in northern Huerten. You were delirious the whole way, even though Karl hired what passes for medicine in those parts along the way. That was months ago, and then when you got here, you were

Turn 80plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 80: Johannes's Adventure: A New Vision

Rebekah was waiting for Johannes when he came home, and she had a worried look on her face. “You're back so early. Did everything go okay with the Coordinator?”

Johannes sighed, sinking into a chair in the sitting room. “I am not sure I can even trust my own mind any more. I don't know what is happening to me

Turn 81plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 81: Johannes's Adventure: Uyithlyaw

“Uyithlyaw?... So I have arrived...” Johannes sat up, blinking, attempting to take in his surroundings and orient himself. “I was wandering in dreams. I had thought I had returned to Duerstadt...” He shook his head. “What has been happening to me? Have I been going mad?

Turn 82plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 82: Johannes's Adventure: The Knights of Huerten

Mindolpha led the way back to the Maelbourg-Huerten road. Based on the angle they took, Johannes realized that Uyithlyaw's home was in Marchhanbar, a politically insignificant barony surrounded on three sides by the barony of Huerten. They continued through the woods for the rest of the day, cutting in at a sharp angle relative to the road, and made camp when it started to get dark.

Turn 83plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 83: Johannes and Sahlman

Additional text was added on 7/17/05

Sahl returned to Sir F's to sleep. He thought he heard muted footsteps behind him, but when he turned around to look, no one was there. When he arrived, the door was locked. He knocked a few times, and heard the innkeeper say,

Turn 84plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 84: Waiting for the Trial

The next day went without a hitch. Johannes escorted Ardith from Felender's house to the Office of the Corporal of the Central North District, while Sahlman followed at a distance in case there was any trouble. From there, the corporal himself brought Ardith and Johannes to the Offices of the Captain of the Guard, a few hundred feet from the castle gates, and from there they were taken to see the Second Clerk.

Turn 85plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 85: The Zioth Expert

Every morning, Redbelve passed the time with Sahl while he was training his horse. After a few hours of training on the twenty-fifth, he mentioned that Sahl could meet the Zioth-expert that evening. Evening came, and Redbelve took Sahlman and Johannes to see his friend. The scholar lived alone in one of the poorer neighborhoods, the entranceway to his small home serving as a workplace for himself and two other scriveners. Various religious texts, not all of them

Turn 86plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 86: Preparing for the Winter Fair

On the twenty-seventh, Sahl went out alone to train Zephyr. Mindolpha had been more trouble than usual during the night, and Johannes was sleeping late. As usual, Redbelve stopped by to give him a few pointers. In the afternoon, Sahl took a stroll around the city, working through his plans for preparing for the Zioth. Late in the afternoon, he found himself near a small cemetery which looked like it had been filled up a long time ago. There weren't a lot of people around

Book 4

Turn 87plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 87: The Winter Fair and Festival

Sahlman, Kay and Johannes had all grown up in large cities, but the Huerten Winter Fair and Festival was no less impressive for it. The castle was the gloriously decorated centerpiece, with banners, flags, and trumpeters playing fanfare on the hour for no reason other than to impress. Knights, dressed in their clumsy formal armor, engaged in mock jousts before cheering crowds. Normally, the castle was surrounded by large open areas. These areas now served as the core of the Fair, and were anythi…

Turn 88plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 88: Uyithlyaw's Prophecy

The heavy heat of the morning became more oppressive as the day wore on, then it slacked off, and by evening was replaced by a thickening fog. The Winter Fair and Festival went on. As stands and shops closed, people and their money moved inside, where all manner of entertainment could be found. Sir Jerenil's First Knight and the baron's Trader's Lodge, of course, had the best, and both had hired people to act like patrons of the competitor and then shout out things like,

Turn 89plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 89: Dealing with Disaster

Things were far from easy for Johannes and the others in Sir Jerenil's. Merely taking orders and organizing the barmaids in such a crowded inn were almost overwhelming tasks. Add in tending to the injured, resolving disputes about chairs, tables and rooms and dissipating fights, and the three of them, even with

Turn 90plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 90: The Rift

The rising sun illuminated a new Huerten. Fog burned away to reveal destruction unimagined the night before. What had been gaudily decorated streets were now piles of rubble, where not one house in two still stood. What had been packed fairgrounds were now a chaos of wood and canvas.

Turn 91plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 91: The Creatures of the Rift

Sahlman felt a sharp tug on the rope. From the darkness where Daluar had vanished from sight came a muffled gasp and the 'shing' of a rapier being drawn. Then the rope went slack, followed by an unpleasant thump. For an instant, Sahlman feared the worst, but the hurried shuffling noises and twitching of the rope indicated that

Turn 92plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 92: Meeting the Baron

It was well into the afternoon when the dragged themselves over the lip of the rim and into the light. Most of the villagers had gone, but the dozen or so who remained watched the explorers with awe. That was hardly surprising. Besides the weapons, which by themselves would keep most people at bay, everyone but

Turn 93plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 93: The Zioth Institute

Sahl thanked the guards after reading the baron's note and signing for the money. He then turned to the party. “In a sense, this belongs to us all -- that's Kay, Ardith, myself and Daluar, for services we have performed during the quake and in exploring the rift. But more than that, the Baron expects us to use it to fund our explorations of the Zioth. I assume that all of us want to do this?

Turn 94plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 94: The Battle of the Rift

The soldiers of Huerten didn't doubt the sh'kurdaru now. Suddenly, they were all cooperative, all polite, and, despite years of training in organized teams, they were desperate for leadership from someone who understood this strange threat.

With the torches blown out, and bonfires billowing up clouds of smoke, this was more than the soldiers and

Turn 95plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 95: New Blood

The night dragged on and on. It was dawn before Daluar and the soldiers were coming to the end of their task. More tired than they'd ever been before, they carried net after net full of Sh'kurdaru heads to the Rift. The entire force of Huerten, save the knights, some of whom were just now arriving to see what was left, was in a state of utter exhaustion.

Turn 96plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 96: The Captain of the Guard

“Salangin -- is that how you pronounce it?” Jereld, captain of the Baron's Guard, stopped Daluar just as he was leaving through the path of rubble that had once been the courtyard gate. His pronunciation was wrong, but he didn't give Daluar a chance to correct him.

Turn 97plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 97: Into the Depths

The next two days were taken up with preparations. Sahl discussed the requirements for the crossbows with the castle weaponsmith. Then he went to a potter in town and demanded a batch of ceramic bolts in the Baron's name. The bolts would be filled with and sealed against disteloitte. They would be cylindrical, balanced in the center, around once inch thick by four inches long, and have fins at the end to stabilize them. When the bolts were ready,

Turn 98plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 98: The People of the Rift

“This is not what I signed up for,” said Oloic.

“Yes it is,” Nerror, the other soldier, replied. “Shut up.”

Both soldiers, along with the mountaineers Teulen and Ker, and the original party of Sahlman, Daluar, Ardith and Kay, looked out at the expanse of

Turn 99plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 99: The High Baraderres

Ardith had had little luck. The creatures were willing to accept her, but as far as communication went, she was starting to think them incapable. They could point and gesture, but they quickly tired of the game and wandered off to eat, drink, sleep or mate. Sometimes, they seemed more like herd animals that humans. Their aversion to the sealed entrance just reinforced the idea.

Turn 100plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 100: A Disappointing Conclusion (The game fell apart at this point, so this story line has come to an end. Read on for Ziedon's adventure!)

Teulen, Ker and Daluar spent the next couple hours scouting the halls for sh'kurdaru. What they found was promising in some ways, at least. Adult sh'kurdaru came through this area only rarely, perhaps once in half an hour at most. The downside was that they weren't part of a regular patrol, so their comings and goings would be unpredictable. If they moved quickly and quietly, they could get from the low baraderres' area to the shaft leading up to the high baraderres in about fifteen minutes. Doi…

Book 5

Turn 101plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 101: A Mission from Rakbaven

This first part was originally posted as Turn 37z, on 8/31/98

Ziedon, days before, had made sure to memorize useful parts of Ardith's map. When he was sufficiently distant from his party, he placed his own two unremarkable maps on the ground, and placed an “

Turn 102plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 102: Settling in Dunweig

Gathering himself, Ziedon headed south, glad to be out of the tower and away from his impossible Master. He thought of the creatures he had met the last time he left the tower, and kept his eyes wary of them, but throughout the journey, they did not appear.

Turn 103plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 103: The Butcher Moren

The butcher opened his eyes wide, as if realizing his own mortality for the first time, and then looked down at the ground, accepting it. “Yes, I am Moren.”

Ziedon clapped his hands in glee. “Wonderful. I bring a message for you.” He spent a long minute reciting the magical words written as with chalk in his mind. Once

Turn 104plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 104: Sheep

“So, how'd it go with the apothecary?” Dalast put his food on Ziedon's table, and pulled up a chair. Ziedon frowned. “I never made it there. I realized that I must have looked a fright with my unkept beard and hair so I sought the services of a barber. Afterwards, I was still tired from my journey, so I returned for some lunch and a nap. I do feel quite refreshed. Mayhaps I will make it there on the morrow. I intend to enjoy myself this eve, seeing what this fine town has to offer me.

Turn 105plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 105: Moren's Book

Ziedon left the sheep behind him to persue the intruder. He chanted the spell again as he ran, targeting the interloper's heart, but by the time he finished his incantation, the person was too far for it to take its proper effect. She did feel something, because

Turn 106plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 106: Rosteral

The bathouses were not on the main crossroads of the town, but they were still easy to find. They were as close to the lake as they could be without too much threat from storm, and a portion of the town's wall rose up around that part of the lake to deter flood waters. The bathhouses were no more than half a mile's distance from the butcher, and an eighth from the inn

Turn 107plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 107: Creating Rumors

Ziedon moved behind the bathhouse and then, taking extreme care not to be seen, continued to the next building. Pausing there, Ziedon cut the hem of his robe and bandaged his wound. He cut more slices of cloth from the robe, soaked them in water from his waterskin, and used them to clean himself up.

Turn 108plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 108: The Seven Question Dream

Ziedon woke to sunlight on his face. He had slept a long time. Stretching and blinking his eyes, Ziedon thought, “That is what I needed. Ah..” As he swung his feet onto the floor, a sharp, reverberating pain reminded him that his wound would be a long time healing. Fortunately, it was not infected yet, and the edges were beginning to crust over, but the bandage was still damp with blood.

Turn 109plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 109: The Other Galpen

In the morning, Ziedon prepared his spells, then took out Moren's book, and looked at it reflectively as he thought about his dream. Ziedon was not normally one to remember his dreams, and now he'd had one two nights in a row. The previous night, someone had been questioning him. Obviously there was something deeper going on underneath the currents than was immediately visible.

Turn 110plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 110: Preparing an Assassination

Ziedon pledged the next couple of days to prepare for his assassination of Bure. He immediately took Galpen up on his offer, and followed him to the house and shop of an upper-class tailor. With Galpen by his side, Ziedon was able to acquire a suit of clothing that would make some of the lesser townsmen jealous, for under half its value. It still cost him fifteen gold attles, which ate a good bit into the money that Galpen had offered.

Turn 111plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 111: Caught

The next morning, Ziedon realized things would not be as easy as he'd thought. As well as any satirist could have predicted, the town guard patrolled the streets in force, now that a wealthy merchant had been murdered in his own shop. News of Weg's messenger paled in comparison, to the point where

Turn 112plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 112: Hebabelt Forester

His horse was untouched and had been treated well, and the new saddle was still leaning against the wall. Ziedon mounted, and rode until he just out of sight of the west gate, then dismounted. Wearing his old robes and equipped with his staff, Ziedon led his horse towards the gate.

Turn 113plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 113: Dragged into Maelbourg

Ziedon made his journey a casual one. He did not want to arrive in Maelbourg saddle sore, tired and dirty, or with a crippled horse. Soon after setting out, he found a moving stream and unloaded his bloody clothing. There was no need to risk being caught with that.

Turn 114plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 114: Townsman Galgewe

“So Ziedon, I see you caused Townsman Ulfendol quite a bit of trouble.” When Ziedon opened his eyes, he saw Galgewe, standing tall, hands clasped behind his back. It was a bit hard to make out his features. When Ziedon opened his eyes wider and shook out the blur of sleep, he saw the reason. He was in a jail cell, securely locked, with metal bars reaching to the ceiling, and attached at their base to a half-wall of stone.

Turn 115plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 115: Working for a Townsman

Ziedon was escorted out of the jail, to be taken to the nearby Purple Raven. His damaged clothes were brought elsewhere to be mended. Two of the three men who walked with Ziedon were common thugs, hired for strength rather than agility. They wore standard uniforms, consisting of leather armor, longsword, light crossbow and dagger, along with narrow-rimmed hats and a short black ribbon. The third man, doubtless the leader, was lighter than the others, but certainly looked like he could hold his o…

Turn 116plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 116: The State of Maelbourg

An hour or so after the tailor left, a messenger arrived with an unsigned letter from Galgewe: I will not be able to visit you myself tonight due to prior engagements, so I will answer some of your questions here. Please destroy this message when you have comitted it to memory. If you forget, its ink is designed to fade within a day or two.

You asked for descriptions of the major players in town, so here they are. The number following each name is an indication of power and influence. There a…

Turn 117plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 117: Jerrakken

Ziedon slept deeply, and did not wake until fairly late in the morning. The rest of the materials for the summoning spell and the priming of the paper were on the desk, though some of the summoning materials were not _quite_ right. The spell would probably work anyway.

Turn 118plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 118: Ulan's Allies and Balban's Enemies

Ferenz's tavern had nothing like the lush accomodations of the Purple Raven. Leaving his escort outside, Ziedon entered a dusty, low- ceilinged room much wider than it was deep. While the poorest laborers of Maelbourg couldn't afford tavern food, the men assembled for lunch today were not much better off.

Turn 119plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 119: Townsman Silnquost

Tilluri and Gelefer brought Ziedon across town to a far wealthier neighborhood. They arrived in front of a small building that Ziedon's map described as the Guild Tradehouse. Guilds used the building to arrange major trade agreements with each other and with neighboring towns, and some of the more important guild masters had private offices inside. The place was built like a fortress, with thick stone walls, heavy iron-bound doors and windows built small enough and high enough that even a practi…

Turn 120plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 120: Velirra Dufowl, a Bad Omen

As they walked to the tavern, Ziedon felt an inexplicable tinge of nervousness, as if he was being followed. He looked back frequently, but could see nothing out of the ordinary. Then, just outside the tavern, a wave of fear washed over him. He stopped, unsure whether to hide or run, and then it passed.

Turn 121plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 121: A Rap on the Shutters

Late in the night, Ziedon was woken by a rap on his shutters. Thinking it was the wind, he dozed off, but the fourth time it happened, he got up and separated them. The bird stumbled a bit and landed on the outside window sill, peering in. A moment later, there was a knock on his door.

Turn 122plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 122: Hewlard and Duddan

“You called me.”

Ziedon rolled over in his bed, ignoring the dream.

“You called me. Why?”

He was tired. How much sleep could he have gotten? Three hours? Four?

“You called me. Why?”

Ziedon opened his eyes a crack. The sun had risen only recently, and it was cold. The bird was perched on the highest shelf above the desk, staring at him with interest. It was also squawking annoyingly.

Turn 123plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 123: G is Catching On

Once the guards left his room, Ziedon bolted the door and sat in thought. Making a decision, he sent out a summons to his familiar, calling it back to him with all haste. While he waited, he took one of his pouches and padded the inside with extra cloth. He then removed the skulls from the two mouse skeletons and put them in the pouch, with more cloth between them. He hefted the pouch in its hand, tied it to his belt and walked around normally for a bit to make sure that the padding was sufficie…

Turn 124plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 124: The Public Guildhouse

He'd planned to capture Galgewe, tie him up, take that pesky amulet away and enchant him so many times he'd forget his own name if Ziedon had asked him to. It would have been nothing to take Galgewe's power from him and send him away. He might have even had a little “

Turn 125plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 125: Commanding the Guards

Townsman Silnquost didn't show up the next day, and the only news Ziedon got of the outside world was from a conversation he overheard when his guard was changed.

“So what's going on outside?”

“It's nuts out there. The priests are out.”

“What?”

Turn 126plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 126: A Demostration of Power

It was two hours before Townsman Silnquost arrived. Three guards entered with him and positioned themselves around Ziedon. These were not the same three who had pinned Ziedon before; they looked stronger, better trained, wore different uniforms and bore higher-quality arms, the type one would expect to be with a man of

Turn 127plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 127: Recconoisance

Townsman Silnquost had promised information; Ziedon was hardly surprised when it didn't come. He was a prisoner here, however the townsman had sugar-coated it. But then again, waiting around for a few days couldn't hurt, especially if he really was a hunted man outside this building. He could escape when he needed to.

Book 6

Turn 128plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 128: A Friend

Kreemon left the fisherman's house thinking about Sahlman. The warrior was loyal to the two women, and wanted to serve this city. Both facts could be dangerous. Sahl could try to clear their names and earn a reward by turning Kreemon in.... Since he left first, Kreemon moved quickly off to the alley where he'd hid before, and waited. When Sahl left, Kreemon followed him all the way back to Sir F's, where he knocked on the door.

Turn 129plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 129: Korisca's Help

Kreemon spent the next few days caring for his wounds and Bork's, exercising as best he could in the cramped quarters, and spending a lot of time in meditation with Bork and in prayer. He asked Rheideielle to purchase him some new clothing so he could change his appearance, as well as some rations and equipment for when he left town. He supplied the funds.

Turn 130plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 130: A Changing Year

As soon as Kreemon left Rheideielle's house, a sense of peace washed over him. It was good to feel the open air, even if the make-up gave it a greasy feel.

The morning snow had become a heavy heat, which by evening, had given way to a thickening fog. This was both good and bad for Kreemon's chances of getting out that night. He'd be harder to recognize through the fog, but there would be fewer people coming and going, so the guards would be more alert.

Turn 131plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 131: The Shortest Path

It was the second night since they'd left the city. Fallen trees and broken segments of road had become common sights during the past days, showing that whatever had happened was more widespread than it had seemed initially. There were even a few cracks in the ground, though nothing nearly so vast as the great rift outside of Huerten. Just half a dozen feet or so deep, most of them.

Turn 132plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 132: Springing Ziedon

Maelbourg was well known for being a musical town, but Forgolon was a level above the rest. His mandolin never played a sour note. His fingers never missed a beat. And his voice was so flawlessly controlled, filling the crowded room so expertly, that even tonedeaf

Book 7

Turn 133plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 133: The Disappearing Trick

“Ziedon,” Kreemon said, “It is us. Korisca and Kreemon.” He chuckled. “We have come to rescue you.”

“Hi, Ziedon,” Korisca said. Strangely enough, she seemed perfectly calm in the presence of the man she'd feared for weeks.

Kreemon glanced at the desk before refocusing his attention on the door.

Turn 134plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 134: Korisca's Claim to Townsmanship

In the morning, Ziedon gave Korisca some money. “I am famished,” he said. “Would you please be a dear and go get us something warm and filling to eat? You could also see if there are any rumors about last night, or any news. In the meantime, I need to review some of my notes. Please do not disturb me.

Turn 135plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 135: The Northern Gate

After Forgolon left, Ziedon called Tah'iera to him. Within moments, the strange bird landed on the window sill. “Please follow the man who just left,” Ziedon said. “Let me know where he goes.”

After Tah'iera flew off, Ziedon said, “Korisca, Kreemon. I don't know how long this transition period is going to take. I would very much like to get my necklace back from

Turn 136plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 136: Desecrating the House

In the morning, Ziedon woke up to an icy breeze -- again -- and lashed out. “Who keeps opening that damned window? I was freezing all night long.”

Kreemon stood up and stretched. “Sorry. I like the fresh air.”

“Well bloody hell. I am not going to be much use to anyone if I catch a cold, now am I? And what about

Turn 137plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 137: Digging up Galgewe

Kreemon and Korisca left a quarter of an hour after Ziedon, shovels strapped to their backs. Korisca led Kreemon through back streets, taking a different route than they had the day before, to get to the old North Gate.

Four priests were standing in clear view around the Temple of

Turn 138plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 138: The Hidden Army

The invisible mist wafted through the corridors, passing priests and parishioners without their knowledge, but it moved slowly, like a light breeze with direction and purpose.

The mist passed through corridor after corridor, then through the reading rooms, and into the great entrance hall of

Turn 139plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 139: The Transformation

Ziedon woke once again to a stiff breeze. He had fallen asleep sitting up, but now he was lying on the hard floor, his cloak wrapped tightly around him. He glared at the open window, working life back into his fingers. The sooner they could get to that boarding house, the better. Kreemon could have the room without the fireplace. Let him freeze as much as he wanted.

Turn 140plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 140: Interrogating a Spy

When the man faded back into visibility next to him, Ziedon took his belt pouch and looked inside. There were only a few coins, which made sense given the man's common appearance. There was nothing to indicate who he was or where he was from.

Ziedon tied the man's hands behind his back, tied his feet together, and gagged him with a strip of cloth from his shirt. Then he searched his body thoroughly, even to the point of looking in his shoes and under his shirt. Other than a dagger that looked …

Turn 141plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 141: The Merchant from the Eastern Kingdoms

Ziedon made it to the Silver Sign unmolested. He received a few funny looks from passers-by, and a member of the town guard followed him for a short time, but he was otherwise left alone. The tavern and boarding house was easy to find. The rusty iron Sign of

Turn 142plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 142: The Battle of the Magics

Ziedon sucked in a deep breath of air. His fingers moved nimbly in the motions of a spell as he replied in a cold tone, “For your transgressions, my wrath with shake the earth and blot out the sky! My friends will defend me against your evil!”

“Your devious tongue will only enhance your suffering,

Turn 143plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 143: The Song of Destruction

Kreemon woke up hurting all over. He lifted himself slowly, only realizing he was lying on a table top when his motion unbalanced the makeshift stretcher, twisting it out of Ziedon's sore and tired hands, and sending it crashing to the ground. Kreemon rolled a couple times on the ground before colliding with the filthy wall of the alley. Weak from his many wounds, he lifted himself carefully on the palms of his hands, and saw

Turn 144plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 144: Gathering Support

The day got worse and worse for Ziedon. The volume of the chant became louder, until at times it was almost impossible to concentrate. It would then soften, but never as much as the last time. Ziedon felt he was running out of time to deal with this problem, and given how the last fight with the priests went, he would probably need help, and a good plan. He had just decided that, when the chanting reached a crescendo more powerful than any before it.

Turn 145plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 145: Kreemon's Mob

“We'll drop you off at the boarding house and then go to Silnquost's guild house.” Kreemon chuckled, remembering how he started his current trip to Maelbourg. “I think we know how to get there.”

Kreemon and Korisca escorted Ziedon back to the boarding house, and then headed to the public guild house where

Turn 146plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 146: Confronting the Sign

While Kreemon stirred up the crowds of Maelbourg, Ziedon lay in bed, tied down, repeating over and over to himself that it was all a bluff. The music in his head, the rapid slipping away of his magical knowledge, it was just a trick. The mages from Forgolon's song were driven mad by the song and its effects, and either committed suicide or attacked the priests, which was just another form of suicide.

Turn 147plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 147: The Golden Priest

Ziedon looked down at his bound body and then up at the others. “I just had a very unique dream; I am not sure if I made things better or worse. Could you please let me up?”

While Korisca untied him, Ziedon said, “Tah'iera, I need some additional mice, or other small creatures, to replenish my supply of skulls. Could you please go find me some? If you could also please do a quick turn over the woods outside of the town walls, I'd like to get an idea of what is going on with the army that is out…

Turn 148plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 148: The Dream World

At the safe house, Ziedon unloaded his gear and then went through some stretching exercises to relieve his sore muscles. “Where is Kreemon?” he asked Korisca.

“He's out finding a place on the other side of town, in case we have to split. Ziedon, what was all that out there? I've never seen anything like it. That priest

Turn 149plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 149: Spreading Rumors

It was late morning when Ziedon came out of the dream. The sun was showing through the clouds, and the muddy streets were slowly becoming navigable again, despite the occasional drizzle. Kreemon and Korisca knew that the next day at midnight, the earth would open up outside of Huerten

Turn 150plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 150: Ziedon's Plan

It was finally the day of the earthquake. Kreemon, Korisca and Ziedon woke to a chill draft and flurries of snow outside, but they knew it would get hot later in the day. Their new boarding house wasn't nearly so well situated as the last one, being far from the walls and

Turn 151plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 151: The Earthquake, Again

“Ziedon's been gone a long time,” Korisca said, looking out the window into the ever-thickening fog. The earthquake was less than an hour away. At that moment, Tah'iera, Ziedon's demonic-looking bird, landed on the window sill. The bird looked into Korisca's eyes, then flew the couple feet and tugged on her shirt sleeve.

Turn 152plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 152: Another Use for Galgewe

The next day dawned to clear skies and a Maelbourg only slightly worse for wear. There were a few minor injuries, and one person had gotten lost in the fog and fallen into the river and drowned, but buildings, for the most part, still stood upright. The streets were a mess, but by early afternoon, most of the fallen lamp posts, broken carts and winter boarding had been picked up.

Turn 153plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 153: Vanquishing Evil

Kreemon kept his cloak wrapped around him and quickly made his way back to his room, frequently making sure he wasn't followed. He checked in with Korisca to get news of the town. Not much had happened while Kreemon was gone. People were still camped outside

Book 8

Turn 154plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 154: The Sailor from Marais

Cundee wasn't sure why he'd agreed to carry a passenger he'd known nothing about. Especially on this last big venture before the winter, when any delay could cost him dearly.

From the time he'd picked him up in Gerenois Harbor, just two hundred miles from Marais, he'd been trouble. It wasn't anything he _did_, precisely, but the crew were uneasy around him, and some of them blamed him for every little thing that went wrong. If only he _were_ responsible,

Turn 155plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 155: An Unexpected Detour

Progress up the river was slow. After an anxious day waiting for the ice to break, a day of sweltering heat sent torrents of melted snow downstream. The next day, rain fell so heavily that what little progress they'd made the day before was lost.

Turn 156plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 156: The Army and Balban

Cundee selected a barge crewman and one of his own for the shore party, and directed them to take some supplies and the closest thing to a tent and bedding as could be rigged from the barge. He also took along a few samples of the cargo. Late in the afternoon, they set off, and made camp in the dark, not too far from the army, but far enough that they wouldn't be heard if they kept their voices to a whisper.

Turn 157plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 157: The Preceptor's Day

Preceptor Halaren arrived in Maelbourg on the first day of the one thousand first year of the Zioth. The previous priest, a timid man in his thirties whose gray hair and tired look made him seem fifty or more, spent only two days training Halaren before he left town. Now that whichever higher-up he'd offended had forgiven him, he wanted to leave as quickly as possible. This left

Turn 158plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 158: The Andrithan Townsman

Before bed, Halaren had some chores. He walked from the temple to the garden nearby, his wooden bucket in hand. From it, he produced a carrot wrapped in a greasy cloth from the kitchen. He rubbed it in the soil as he prayed for the Mother to look after her children, then buried it in the ground.

Turn 159plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 159: How to get away

Kreemon wandered around for the rest of the day, sometimes as a wolfhound, other times as a man. The tension in Maelbourg had been rising for weeks, and it was finally breaking. Some people were bleary-eyed like they hadn't slept in weeks, and others were overly energetic, but almost everyone was happy. The music that was a constant background in

Turn 160plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 160: Lelen Meretal

Clouds moved rapidly overhead. After some time, Cundee, pacing up and down the length of the raft, trying to keep spirits up, saw a man approaching, in a simple tunic, muffler and cowl. The man looked to be in his late twenties, and stood wide and heavy, large feet and hands offsetting a comparably small head. Had he not been covered with muffler and cowl, his skin would have appeared pale and a little blubbery, tugging his facial features downward to give him a slightly sad and dim-witted appea…

Turn 161plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 161: The Barrier

Halaren lay down in bed, but couldn't sleep. He wasn't the only one; more than one resident of the temple paced back and forth through much of the night. At least the time passed quickly. It seemed like only a few hours before dawn arrived, and Halaren had to get out of bed again. He hurried through his usual morning appearances, then excused himself to sneak out of town again. He did not arrive at

Turn 162plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 162: Balban's Camp

Tah'iera returned to Ziedon to report where the journeyman had gone, and some of the conversation with the Messenger. Tah'iera also mentioned that there weren't many other birds about, and that those that remained were very confused about the barrier dome. It went all around the city, for about a mile in every direction.

Turn 163plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 163: A Difference in Viewpoint

“Journeyman Lelen,” Ziedon said. “How nice to see you again in such different garb.” Kreemon stepped around and to the side, taking up a flanking position.

The Andrithan priest shifted his weight and adjusted his clothing, an uncomfortable grin on his face, but no sign of surprise or alarm.

Turn 164plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 164: A New Friend

Kreemon wasn't too gentle as he ripped out the crossbow bolts and searched the priest and the thatched pack he'd dropped at the beginning of the fight. There was a lot of worthless junk - an old bedroll, a winter blanket, a bucket with a strange symbol carved in the bottom, some candles, a fishing net and a piece of reflective metal possibly used for shaving. There were packages of herbs that

Turn 165plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 165: Rousing the Dead

After a bit more discussion with the Preceptor, and watching him carefully apply mud from his jars to his own wounds, Ziedon heard a rhythmic tapping at the door and knew that Tah'iera was back. In a squawking language that Ziedon seemed to understand, the bird told him that there was one fresh grave in the

Turn 166plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 166: Just a Lot of Books

Sometime later, Ziedon opened his eyes to the dark interior of the Temple of Andritha. He felt well-rested, if a little stiff and disoriented. Was it morning? There was no way to tell. He picked up his spell book and turned the stiff pages one by one, looking for spells that would be useful that day. An hour or so later, he stepped out of the study, leaving the skeletons behind, and gathered everyone to the south side of the temple.

Turn 167plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 167: The Door Behind the Ribbon

“Excellent,” Ziedon said, looking down into the dark hole between the bookshelves. “Would one of you see where the stairs leads while the other keeps watch on the door? I will have a quick chat with those captive priests and then we will continue onward through this secret passage.

Turn 168plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 168: The Old Library

Kreemon walked around the edge of the disgusting pond, looking for any signs that the priest entered it. There were none. Unless Halaren was an excellent leaper, he wouldn't have been able to avoid leaving footprints in the muck. Just to be sure, Kreemon stood still for a while, watching for any ripples in the water that would suggest something larger than a frog or snake hiding in there. Again, nothing. There were a few shallow caves and quickly tapering tunnels in the chamber, but nothing larg…

Book 9

Turn 169plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 169: The Foreign Tutor

Frost hung in the air as Corbyn's breath escaped from the hood of the cloak. 'Even the weather here in Maelbourg is dour,' he thought as he wove his way around the House. But the unusual chill was not enough to stay him from his business -- he needed a new set of rooms. The widow Turen's house had been accommodating enough for a solitary lodger, but the old woman was a bit too nosy for his tastes and he suspected keenly interested in the comings and goings of her lodgers. No, a place with a bit …

Turn 170plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 170: A Job From F

The sting of being abruptly let go by Argol still stirred and burned inside Voss' heart. He was certain that he had made a good impression upon his employer. He was certain that he was worth more than at least half of Argol's retinue.... his careful, experienced study of the other men had revealed to him that most were paper soldiers

Turn 171plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 171: Playing Politics

After some minor preparations, Corbyn left for Grabble's, and Voss soon after. It was near the west gate, Weret had said, and it turned out that was all the direction they needed. Grabble's was the first inn one would come across, walking into town from the west.

Turn 172plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 172: The Mercenary's Refuge

Ramzi hoisted his end of the tied pile of planks onto his shoulder, and led the way to the townsman's house. He hadn't been told which townsman, nor did he care. In Maelbourg, the best most outsiders could hope for was manual labor. Fortunately, Ramzi had never been afraid of hard work, and no job was too menial for him. All he desired was food in his belly, a roof over his head when possible, and an escape from his violent past. After two years on the run, the weight of being a constant fugitiv…

Turn 173plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 173: Two More Pieces of the Puzzle

That evening, Ramzi was refueling the hearth in the common sitting room, when a giant of a man barged in, and demanded in a thick accent to speak with the head server. The accent seemed familiar, but Ramzi couldn't quite place it. It was certainly not from anywhere in

Turn 174plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 174: The Oddest Storm

Ramzi overslept. He didn't realize it at first, but after the large cloud passed overhead, the sun shone in brightly. The morning was half gone. He hurriedly got dressed and ran to the Stone and Fire. This time, Fennel did get upset. Doing one useful thing didn't give him the right to get all high and mighty.

Turn 175plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 175: Meeting the Preceptor

Corbyn and Ramzi arrived at the temple to find that someone had done their job for them. Broken boards swung from the sides of the door, and from the looks of it, the door had been forced open from the inside. The sound of a shovel digging through hard ground came from the garden outside the temple.

Turn 176plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 176: The Sky is Falling!

Corbyn opened the door to his barn and found a letter on the floor inside, tied to a pouch of coins. The letter read, “You've made good on the bargain, and so will I, but our meeting will have to be delayed due to weather.” It was signed, “F.”

Turn 177plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 177: Tala's Prophesy

The night draws ever closer, the Zioth is at hand, In the land completely overcome, Resigned to peace, prepared for war, An ancient plague contained.

Tala had followed the prophesy for close to half a year. It had been summer in the Seven Nations when he'd left. Now it was winter, and the strangest winter he had ever seen. First was the blizzard, then the rapid melt leaving mud everywhere. Then an earthquake, which had allowed

Turn 178plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 178: The House Guard

All the younger boys bunked together and served or studied in whatever way they were told. Like Gil, these were mostly the firstborn sons of converts to the faith. Their fathers, for a variety of reasons, had undergone the difficult conversion required to join the faithful. Those men who could not also make a meaningful donation in coin or labor, offered the promise of their firstborn sons. It was no honor to come in to

Turn 179plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 179: A Footprint in the Wall

At the sound of the approaching strangers, the guardsman yanked his hand away from the wall and spun around. Emotions flickered across his face that were hard to read. Fear maybe, or shame, but also a strange kind of dreamy wonder. All that was gone in a moment, and soon the handsome, broad-chinned visage wore the stony look of one used to standing watch. He stood perfectly straight, and his hand went to his sword, though he did not draw it.

Turn 180plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 180: The Rotted Oak

It looked like a fire had torn through the forest, yet the ground was covered in jagged chunks of ice. Halaren rested against the trunk of an oak tree whose branches, stripped off by some unknown force, were scattered on the ground around him. Many of them leaned against other similar trees, making the forest floor difficult to navigate.

Turn 181plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 181: A Dark Passage

Gil watched first in confusion, then in horror, as Voss was drawn into the tree. Finally, cursing himself for being so slow, he leaped forward, dropping his sword and grabbing the barbarian's right elbow which protruded from the wood. Bracing his feet against the outer portion of the tree, he did his best to pull the huge man free.

Turn 182plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 182: The Glass Room

“'Tis a glass goat!” the priest observed as he rounded the corner. He stopped next to Gil. “Your sigil. Your former sigil. Can you open it, sir?” Without enlightenment from Gil, Halaren looked around. The mechanism was quite beyond him, but chains were simple. They were like strong rope.

Turn 183plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 183: Averting the Signs

From the looks of it, something had long since grown and died in that room. Crumbled branches lay strewn about, and powdery dust that may once have been leaves or moss coated every surface. In the middle of the room was a solid stone desk whose edge was carved in the likeness of a snake, and beyond was an empty bookshelf.

Turn 184plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 184: A Secret is a Secret is a Secret

“Well,” the priest muttered, looking into the crowded room, “I suppose they have enough people in there.” He turned and walked the dark tiles towards the entrance portal to keep watch for the sorcerer and his unholy pets. He passed by Voss, who was intently examining his wounds.

Turn 185plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 185: Hidden Treasure

“My word!” The Preceptor cried at the sound of the glass door grinding to a halt, and grabbed his chest. He took a few breaths and looked back up, dismayed. “And I suppose we won't be able to close this door again, either. We are drawing Thand a map right to us.

Turn 186plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 186: The Song of Eternity

The blades shot out towards his neck--

--and struck the snakes. They weren't blades at all, but rather blunt blocks of shiny metal. Were they just there to tighten the collar? Gil felt the floor giving way under his knees. Instinctively, he spread out, searching for anything he could hold on to so that his neck wouldn't snap. There

Book 10

Turn 187plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 187: A Changed Maelbourg

Ziedon awoke from a dreamless sleep to a painful pecking on his chest. He opened his eyes and shut them again. His head was pounding, and his eyes felt like they were glued together. The next time he opened his eyes, he saw a blur that had to be Tah'iera. Next to him, Kreemon was sitting up with his head between his knees, trying not to vomit.

Turn 188plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 188: Finding Old Friends

Ziedon set the six items from under the House in a circle. He crushed a pearl over each one, and meditated, allowing the dust to sink in and reveal the power of the items. To Kreemon and the rest of Maelbourg, a full, exhausting day passed, but Ziedon's spell measured time perfectly. Exactly six true hours passed. By the time Kreemon cleaned and hid the bodies, found that no jeweler would open his doors, and returned, the ritual was complete. Both men were tired, but

Turn 189plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 189: Following the Paths

At any other time, Kreemon would have had an extremely difficult time disguising his activities. The wheelbarrows, the one active laundry in town not accepting customers, and above all the stench, would have been too conspicuous to ignore. As it was, though, no one wanted to investigate. There were too many more important things going on. After he'd cleaned enough bodies and wheeled their bones to his hiding place near the boarding house, Kreemon returned home. He wasn't surprised that

Turn 190plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 190: Disguised as Priest

Hours, or more likely with the altered passage of time, days later, Ziedon found Kreemon asleep in his clothes, with the open shutters letting in the chilly air. It was dark outside, some time past the middle of the night. Ziedon studied his spells by candlelight, then waited for Kreemon to wake. The moons moved across the sky. Shadows formed and slid across the floor. No more than two hours could have passed, but it was noon. It was incredibly disorienting to have the sky completely ignore

Turn 191plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 191: Followers of the Sorcerer

Kreemon opened the window and sat down in front of it. He could see the Paths, whether he wanted to or not. Where and when did they go? The paths were narrow, winding and endlessly intertwined. The hardest to follow led through time, but how far, and in what direction? At this point, all he could do was guess.

Book 11

Turn 192plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 192: The End of Eternity

Darkness.

Silence.

Gil's arm was outstretched, the stone key still in his hand. He couldn't move.

As much as the moving stone snakes had disquieted him, Corbyn felt it important to try and close the gap, get closer to the pillar. He still held one end of the whip, but he couldn't pull it. Was

Turn 193plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 193: Changes

Corbyn leaned back down the ladder and held his finger to his lips, gesturing at the others. Once he had gotten their attention, he used a free hand to form a shape: the legs of a man. He repeated the gesture for quiet, and waved upward, then he slipped out the opening as quietly as he could and glided over to a spot out of sight of the one open chamber, hoping to make a better assessment of the situation before things came to a head.

Turn 194plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 194: The Mage and his Balowan

Halaren had been silently watching the dialogue with the priest unfold. Any word could be the last, and he worried about their fate once talking stopped. He looked down the hole where Tala looked back up at him. Voss's sword was still on the floor. Obviously he did not get the meaning of

Turn 195plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 195: Taking a Stand

Voss's refusal to enter the cell made Corbyn nervous. “Again, sir,” he said trying to deflect a bit of attention, “my friend here is not a Balowan or whatever you call it.” He looked at the awaiting room. “Looks more like a waiting room to me, Mr.

Turn 196plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 196: A Long Time Ago

Halaren beamed and shouted with a wave as the family departed, “'Tis so! He will show kindness, and know kindness in return!” Even without speaking the name of the goddess, he was pleased to share some of her teachings. Returning to his friends, he attempted to reveal the year.

Turn 197plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 197: The Initiate

Arnell Trent had been an initiate of Brundash for close to a year. Born in the foothills of the Kourels, in the heart of Andrithan land, he had been a sickly child, and as such, fell into a life of scholarship and calligraphy, rather than the martial path his brothers took. He learned early on that he had an affinity for magic, and thus had been entrenched in

Turn 198plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 198: Magic for Magic

“Corbyn, may I see your wound?” Halaren sat him down near a pile of dried manure and proceeded to clean his wound. “Blast. I need more ointment.” Corbyn wondered if that was how he referred to the herbal mud their healer so generously rubbed into people's wounds. He became even less comfortable as their healer eyed the manure.

Turn 199plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 199: The Andrithan Healer

“Arnell, is it true?” Voss asked. “Corbyn, why would you accuse him of such a thing?

“Just being cautious, Mr. Voss. It seems Sir Arnell did something -- not necessarily malevolent, mind you -- but he realized something and I would like to hear from him that this is indeed the case.

Turn 200plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 200: Where to Find a Secret

They continued to exchange information over the next hours. Arnell asked each of the others about their backgrounds, and was rewarded with stories of Tala as a wanderer from the east, Voss as a member of the savage Vhoosch tribe, Gil as a House Guard of Morenth who had felt drawn to

Turn 201plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 201: Yunim

Other than its location on a map, Yunim had very little in common with Dunweig. This was a city, packed dirt and cobblestone roads congested with people, mules dragging carts and wagons, and even a few horses carrying the wealthiest guild masters and merchants. Of course, horses would be far more common four hundred years later, when the harness would be perfected.

Turn 202plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 202: A Splash of Water

Arnell woke with a start, sitting blot upright in bed. In truth this wasn't that unusual. He immediately felt abuzz as if the day was to hold something special. He quietly opened the window shutters to let the early morning light into his small, orderly room, dressed and went through his usual morning routine. Soon he was sitting over his spell book in deep, silent concentration. It did not do to flaunt magic. Anyone knocking on the door would have assumed he was still asleep for the response th…

Turn 203plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 203: Risen Kanal

Halaren settled back into the dark corner of the bench, the smile fading from his lips. He let an internal well of confusion, emotion and voices of the past fill him and take him over. His face pinched together, like the wringing out of a cloth. In a minute he was near to tears, but his thoughts were already being collected. The order of

Turn 204plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 204: A Hasty Exit

Halaren breathed in deeply and exhaled with vigor as they emerged from the confines of the temple. He seemed genuinely pleased with their meeting with Risen Kanal.

“I really thought we were in trouble there,” he said. The beaming priest turned to the others to see what they honestly felt about what had transpired.

Turn 205plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 205: The Death of the Spies

The enforcer's visor hid his face entirely, so any expression he wore while riding at his rapid but even pace towards Arnell was invisible. It almost seemed that the enforcer would ride right past the beaming and smiling man in the center of the road, but he reared his horse at the last moment. Those townspeople close enough to see backed away silently, watching with interest while ensuring that no one could possibly associate them with what was going on.

Turn 206plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 206: Never Touching the Ground

Corbyn swiveled to Arnell, focusing on the dapper man to the deliberate exclusion of Halaren's gruesome workplace. “Perhaps there may be no need to run. We have certainly borrowed the carriage and horses, but I would not quite say they are stolen yet. The carriage could be returned certainly, but the owner is a good deal less likely to want it back. Some coin might be preferable. And more to the point Sir

Turn 207plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 207: Eluding Enforcers

While Halaren crossed the field, Arnell had several scares. The enforcer stayed still for the most part, but would occasionally move his horse a few steps one way or the other, or crane his neck to see what was happening. He was edging closer and closer to the place where his view of the silk would no longer be blocked. Then, just as

Turn 208plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 208: The Enclave of the Mad

After leaving Tala, they moved deeper into the forest just to be safe. The woods were inhabited, if very sparsely, and a determined enough enforcer might check each and every hamlet that was under the influence of Yunim.

They soon approached a clearing which seemed like an excellent place for a meeting, except that a group of a half dozen people was already there, around a single long hut with a grass-thatched roof. An old man naked to the waist sat on the ground, leaning over a large book. His…

Turn 209plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 209: The Blood Master of Gallia

Time passed quietly, aside from the occasional muttering from one of the Mad. Voss continued to pace around the edge of the clearing, watching for any signs of trouble. The strange residents of this camp did not seem to offer any threat, but the odd children made him uneasy, children who never entered into normal reality, despite changing positions occasionally. An hour passed, then two. The arrival of the group must have spurred an unusual moment of activity, or perhaps they were unusually quie…

Turn 210plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 210: A Question After All

Arnell finished up the food they had prepared and found a quiet corner to settle down in, grateful to be indoors at night. He checked the position of the windows and doors before sitting quietly and taking copious notes. It wasn't that he was unsociable, it was more that he had an evening and morning routine that he found hard to change. He also loved his sleep. If ever someone had wanted to torture

Turn 211plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 211: The Legend of Zilgard

When the sun's light began to filter through the trees around the clearing, and make its way into the open door and windows of the shack, the enclave of the Mad was silent. For once, all of them were sleeping or in their trance.

Arnell awoke as usual and looked around, surveying his surroundings. Going to sleep early had its benefits: he often woke with the birds, and aside from the dreams, his sleep was silent. He took out his books as he always did when he woke, and read, completely focused o…

Turn 212plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 212: Waiting in a Clearing

Risen Kanal hadn't specified where the Meeting would happen. He'd just said to look for a secluded place, so the group went deeper into the woods, away from the Enclave of the Mad and any pursuing enforcers or Morenthian guards. There was no sign of the elves they'd been warned about, at least no sign anyone would recognize. Four hundred years in the future, elves were a fairytale, commonly believed but with no proof. It was said they lived in the forbidding central forest of Huerten, a huge reg…

Turn 213plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 213: The Meeting

With the High Mage of Brundash just a few yards away, Arnell’s guard dropped. Not only was his long time hero standing in front of him, but also a great mage who could probably blink an eye and send Arnell to the netherworld. He tried not to look awestruck. Partly to indicate to the others that this mage was not to be trifled with, but mainly from his own respect for the man,

Turn 214plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 214: Brundash

The last time Voss stepped through a magic portal, he was impaled on the other side. Despite the uninjured magicians and balewans -- his own people, or some relation -- he was apprehensive, but if anyone could handle the brunt of whatever was in there, it was him. It was his duty to go first. Without any outward show of concern,

Turn 215plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 215: My Wandering Colleague

Arnell had bowed slightly as Belazan passed, but now stood to the side. Here, he held his counsel and simply listened as intently as possible, once again soaking up everything he could. He tried to study body language and perceptions. He waited, once again confident he was not the focus. He was getting used to it!

Turn 216plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 216: The Mad Mage's Curse

Outside, Fovery quickly caught up to Halaren. The priest recognized the mage's stance. It was obvious that high mage hadn't always been his profession. “What troubles you?” he asked.

Halaren sobbed as he leaned against what he thought was a tree, drawing in heavy breath. Nuts rolled from the bowl as his grip weakened.

Turn 217plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 217: You must ally with one

When Halaren left in the company of the High Mage Fovery, Corbyn and the others stayed in the stone pyramid for the night. Even Arnell was under constant scrutiny of the watchful eyes of the magi and Balewans who stayed with them. To Corbyn, being in the heart of a lost realm of magic and knowledge, yet being forbidden by the distrustful Cailena from so much as reading a common book was maddening.

Turn 218plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 218: Memories

“Milk?” the priest offered a cup to Corbyn when they were again alone. “It is a blessing from the Mother. Now, how do you feel?”

Corbyn reeled slightly as the initial effect of the potion took hold. Voss grabbed him by the arms and all but lifted the skinny fellow from the floor as he transferred him to a nearby bench.

Turn 219plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 219: The First Piece

Halaren held Corbyn's hand throughout the ritual. He hardly had a choice; the scholar held on with the grip of a woman in childbirth. Sounds and colors flew through the air as if they were solid things, and each time one struck Halaren by accident, it briefly held meaning

Turn 220plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 220: Gaping

The group awoke the next morning to find High Mage Fovery gone. In his place was a letter written in small, practical handwriting, practiced to conserve space, which was odd for someone who surely had no lack of ink or paper. Arnell read the letter aloud:

Turn 221plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 221: The Ancestor's Journey

These Storytellers were so strange in their approach to the truths around them. When looking at the truth, at the past and present, something was either true, false, or still in question. There should be no desire to meld the conclusions. What strange people to want to propagate lies into their histories for the sake of a narrative.

Turn 222plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 222: Raven Children

She visited all the Story Halls that night. The Halls weren't the only places stories were told, but they were the easiest places to find them. Finding a moment to speak with a Storyteller was much more challenging. The telling was a performance that was not interrupted except in prescribed manners. The listeners laughed together, clapped together, even sang together. It was an intricate ritual that

Turn 223plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 223: The Dream of Faulkan

The next day, Aldet knew something had changed in Gaping. It was subtle, but she'd been there long enough to have caught on to the patterns of everyday life. Had someone died? Had the peddler come into town off schedule? Had there been a fire? No, the first would probably have some ritual to go along with it, and there was none of the frantic activity one would expect from the later two. Well she was bound to find out eventually. Word spread quickly.

Turn 224plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 224: Strangers

After repairing her armor, Aldet headed into town late in the morning to keep an eye open for the strangers. They'd last been seen walking in the direction of the Polies, so she waited on that side of town. After meandering around for all of the morning and the early afternoon, she spotted them returning. They were very hard to miss. Even the blond one couldn't be mistaken for a resident of the village. As the group made their way through the paths, the young woman raised her hand to hail them a…

Turn 225plugin-autotooltip__default plugin-autotooltip_bigTurn 225: The Gatekeepers of the Mouth

Gil, Voss, Corbyn and Halaren met up again the next morning with a renewed sense of urgency. Fovery's accelerated timetable meant they didn't have long to finish their business in Gaping. Soon, Aldet arrived with the news that Polinakas had been seen around town. This would not normally be unusual

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

zioth:turn:current_zioth1 [2018-10-19 00:33] (current)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +=== zioth1 alias now active (Zioth DM, 2013-03-14) ===
 +I've just activated the new zioth1 alias which you helped me test. Here's
 +what it does:
 +
 +- It hides your real email address, provided you've given me the address
 +(I'd be happy to add more - just send them over). Other players will receive
 +email from [your character]@zioth.com.
 +
 +- Replying to an email will always send mail to zioth1@zioth.com
 +<​mailto:​zioth1@zioth.com>​ . Reply to all will also include noreply@zioth.com
 +<​mailto:​noreply@zioth.com>​ . It's okay if you send to that address - the
 +server will just absorb it.
 +
 +- If you add a specific player to the CC line for some reason, that player
 +will still only receive one email.
 +
 +- It adds all emails to http://​zioth.com/​zioth/​turn/​current_zioth1. I might
 +add a way to post from that page, for when you have no email access at all.
 +
 +I mainly did this to help someone in the other group hide his private work
 +address, and so I'd stop receiving duplicate mails when people replied to
 +all. This is yet one more extremely minor benefit to having a Computer NerdT
 +as DM. :)
 +
 +=== Re: zioth1 alias now active (Ziedon, 2013-03-14) ===
 +So this goes to just Kreemon and the Dm?
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 14, 2013, at 5:31 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +I’ve just activated the new zioth1 alias which you helped me test. Here’s
 +what it does:
 +
 +- It hides your real email address, provided you’ve given me the address
 +(I’d be happy to add more – just send them over). Other players will
 +receive email from [your character]@zioth.com.
 +
 +- Replying to an email will always send mail to zioth1@zioth.com. Reply to
 +all will also include noreply@zioth.com. It’s okay if you send to that
 +address – the server will just absorb it.
 +
 +- If you add a specific player to the CC line for some reason, that player
 +will still only receive one email.
 +
 +- It adds all emails to http://​zioth.com/​zioth/​turn/​current_zioth1. I might
 +add a way to post from that page, for when you have no email access at all.
 +
 +I mainly did this to help someone in the other group hide his private work
 +address, and so I’d stop receiving duplicate mails when people replied to
 +all. This is yet one more extremely minor benefit to having a Computer
 +Nerd™ as DM. :)
 +
 +=== RE: zioth1 alias now active (Zioth DM, 2013-03-15) ===
 +Yup.
 +
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:05 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: zioth1 alias now active
 +
 +So this goes to just Kreemon and the Dm?
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 14, 2013, at 5:31 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +wrote:
 +
 +I've just activated the new zioth1 alias which you helped me test. Here's
 +what it does:
 +
 +- It hides your real email address, provided you've given me the address
 +(I'd be happy to add more - just send them over). Other players will receive
 +email from [your character]@zioth.com <​http://​zioth.com>​ .
 +
 +- Replying to an email will always send mail to zioth1@zioth.com
 +<​mailto:​zioth1@zioth.com>​ . Reply to all will also include noreply@zioth.com
 +<​mailto:​noreply@zioth.com>​ . It's okay if you send to that address - the
 +server will just absorb it.
 +
 +- If you add a specific player to the CC line for some reason, that player
 +will still only receive one email.
 +
 +- It adds all emails to http://​zioth.com/​zioth/​turn/​current_zioth1. I might
 +add a way to post from that page, for when you have no email access at all.
 +
 +I mainly did this to help someone in the other group hide his private work
 +address, and so I'd stop receiving duplicate mails when people replied to
 +all. This is yet one more extremely minor benefit to having a Computer NerdT
 +as DM. :)
 +
 +=== RE: zioth1 alias now active (Ziedon, 2013-03-15) ===
 +Cool. J
 +
 +MAJ Alex Corbin
 +
 +Chief of Intelligence,​ G2
 +
 +US Army Sustainment Command
 +
 +From: Zioth DM [mailto:​dm@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 12:53 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: zioth1 alias now active
 +
 +Yup.
 +
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:05 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: zioth1 alias now active
 +
 +So this goes to just Kreemon and the Dm?
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 14, 2013, at 5:31 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +I've just activated the new zioth1 alias which you helped me test. Here's
 +what it does:
 +
 +- It hides your real email address, provided you've given me the address
 +(I'd be happy to add more - just send them over). Other players will receive
 +email from [your character]@zioth.com.
 +
 +- Replying to an email will always send mail to zioth1@zioth.com. Reply to
 +all will also include noreply@zioth.com. It's okay if you send to that
 +address - the server will just absorb it.
 +
 +- If you add a specific player to the CC line for some reason, that player
 +will still only receive one email.
 +
 +- It adds all emails to http://​zioth.com/​zioth/​turn/​current_zioth1. I might
 +add a way to post from that page, for when you have no email access at all.
 +
 +I mainly did this to help someone in the other group hide his private work
 +address, and so I'd stop receiving duplicate mails when people replied to
 +all. This is yet one more extremely minor benefit to having a Computer NerdT
 +as DM. :)
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-15) ===
 +
 +Ziedon said calmly, "I just need some answers to what happened after =
 +Galgewe'​s... passing... when I was unlawfully detained against my will. =
 +What do you know of what transpired?"​
 +
 +Menathal hesitated before answering. He glanced behind him, at the gate. =
 +"The dead were taken away, and Tilluri took charge of your body. He said =
 +he was taking you to the central guardhouse, but I'm guessing you ended =
 +up with Townsman Silnquost. It was difficult to get you out of there =
 +without anyone killing you... He hastily added, "I stood in the way when =
 +I could. I didn't really try to kill you. I just had to look like it."
 +
 +After listening to what Menathal has to say, Ziedon asks, "​Galgewe had a =
 +necklace of mine, one which I would like returned, and one which was not =
 +buried with him. Do you know of the necklace in which I speak? Do you =
 +know who took it?"
 +
 +"​Galgewe wasn't known for wearing jewelry. If he wasn't wearing it, it =
 +could be at his home." Ziedon knew that was unlikely. The man wouldn'​t =
 +risk becoming vulnerable to Ziedon'​s magic if he could avoid it.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: MAJ Alex Corbin [mailto:​alex.corbin@gmail.com]=20
 +Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 7:35 AM
 +To: 'Zioth DM'
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon says calmly, "I just need some answers to what happened after =
 +Galgewe'​s...passing...when I was unlawfully detained against my will."
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "What do you know of what transpired?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +After listening to what Menathal has to say, Ziedon asks, "​Galgewe had a =
 +necklace of mine, one which I would like returned, and one which was not =
 +buried with him.  Do you know of the necklace in which I speak? ​ Do you =
 +know who took it?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +MAJ Alex Corbin
 +Chief of Intelligence,​ G2
 +US Army Sustainment Command
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Zioth DM [mailto:​dm@zioth.com]=20
 +Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:38 AM
 +To: zioth1@zioth.com
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Menathal stood, frozen. He looked like he was considering a retreat -- =
 +the open gate was not far, after all -- but he held his ground.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-15) ===
 +"​I'​m sure you're right,"​ Tilluri said, and returned to the safety of the
 +guildhall with enough haste to belie his calm demeanor.
 +
 +From: Chris Dunn [mailto:​allaganb@yahoo.com] ​
 +Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:58 PM
 +To: Zioth DM
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The treasures of the House
 +
 +Kreemon sighs and says, "If that is how you would like to play it," as he
 +pockets the gem, "I will let our acquaintance know that you refuse to meet
 +with him." ​
 +
 +Kreemon smiles, "You know how understanding of a person he is, especially
 +taking recent events into consideration. ​ I am sure there won't be any
 +reprecussions to you, or your family, for disrespecting him so."
 +
 +Kreemon then slowly turns and begins to walk away, giving Tilluri time to
 +stop him.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: zioth1@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth1@zioth.com>  ​
 +Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 5:36 AM
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The treasures of the House
 +
 +Tilluri eyed the stone, balancing the danger with the reward. He settled on
 +the former. "I really am needed here right now. You know the mess Maelbourg
 +is in, and my duties to Townsman Silnquost are quite critical at the
 +moment."​ Tilluri stepped backward, towards the door, where the two other
 +guards waited.
 +
 +From: Chris Dunn [mailto:​allaganb@yahoo.com <​mailto:​allaganb@yahoo.com>​ ]
 +Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 9:35 PM
 +To: dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ ; zioth1@zioth.com
 +<​mailto:​zioth1@zioth.com> ​
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The treasures of the House
 +
 +Corporal Tilluri gave Kreemon a measured look. He was clearly weighing the
 +possibilities. "​I'​m sorry. I have duties to attend to here. Perhaps another
 +time."
 +
 +Kreemon pulls out one of the smaller gemstones and says, "​Perhaps you would
 +reconsider. ​ It will not take much of your time, and if you know him at all,
 +you know that it is best to remain on his good side.  He really just wants
 +to talk, I think it is about something that was taken from him that he wants
 +returned. ​ A simple matter that you may be able to help him with."
 +
 +Kreemon rolls the gemstone around his fingers, "And be smartly compensated
 +for your time."
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-15) ===
 +
 +> He hastily added, "I stood in the way when I could. I didn't really try to kill you. I just had to look like it."
 +
 +Ziedon attempts a warm smile, "I know, you were in a tough position."​
 +
 +> "​Galgewe wasn't known for wearing jewelry. If he wasn't wearing it, it could be at his home." Ziedon knew that was unlikely. The man wouldn'​t risk becoming vulnerable to Ziedon'​s magic if he could avoid it.
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "Who tended to Galgewe'​s remains?"​
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-15) ===
 +
 +"The Andrithans, I imagine."​
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 1:27 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +> He hastily added, "I stood in the way when I could. I didn't really try to
 +kill you. I just had to look like it."
 +
 +Ziedon attempts a warm smile, "I know, you were in a tough position."​
 +
 +> "​Galgewe wasn't known for wearing jewelry. If he wasn't wearing it, it
 +could be at his home." Ziedon knew that was unlikely. The man wouldn'​t risk
 +becoming vulnerable to Ziedon'​s magic if he could avoid it.
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "Who tended to Galgewe'​s remains?"​
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-15) ===
 +
 +Please resend the known layout of the guild hall.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-15) ===
 +
 +"Who removed it from the guild hall and delivered it to them?"
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 15, 2013, at 12:34 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "The Andrithans, I imagine."​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The treasures of the House (Kreemon, 2013-03-16) ===
 +<​br/>​Kreemon walks away and turns down the first alley, once alone he transforms into an owl and returns to the guild house, looking in the windows to see where Tilluri goes.<​br/><​br/>​He flaps from window sill to window sill; until he determines Tilluri'​s final destination.<​br/><​br/>​Once he has determined where Tilluri is quartered or where his duty station is (or as close as he can determine), Kreemon flies back to an alley and transforms back.<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon then sends the message ribbon to Ziedon, "​Tilluri refuses to meet with you, I've discovered the general area where he is stays in the guild hall if you want to visit him.  I'm returning to my chores."<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon then returns to gathering supplies, pulling out clean bones and putting fresh bodies in.  When necessary, Kreemon will drain and clean out the vats, before refilling it with snow/ice and bodies.<​br/><​br/>​Once Kreemon runs through the bodies he has, he goes and gets
 +
 +more.<​br/><​br/>​Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-16) ===
 +
 +Here are the two versions of the map:
 +
 +http://​zioth.com/​_media/​zioth/​place/​maelbourg_guildhouse.gif
 +http://​zioth.com/​_media/​zioth/​place/​maelbourg_guildhouse_kreemon.gif
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 1:35 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Please resend the known layout of the guild hall.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-16) ===
 +
 +"​Forgolon likes to know things as quickly as possible. I slipped out when I
 +had the chance. Probably an Andrithan was summoned."​
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 1:37 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +"Who removed it from the guild hall and delivered it to them?"
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 15, 2013, at 12:34 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "The Andrithans, I imagine."​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-16) ===
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "Well if you left and Tilluri was dealing with me, who
 +was left that would have been in charge? ​ Who else was there?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "Did Silnquost show up there at any point?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 16, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "​Forgolon likes to know things as quickly as possible. I slipped out when I
 +> had the chance. Probably an Andrithan was summoned."​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Kreemon, 2013-03-16) ===
 +Once he has located Tilluri, Kreemon will go around the rest of the building (the unexplored area) and peek into the windows to find out what is there before reporting to Ziedon.<​br/><​br/>​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-16) ===
 +
 +Afterwards Ziedon asks, "So who are you working for now?"
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 16, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "​Forgolon likes to know things as quickly as possible. I slipped out when I
 +> had the chance. Probably an Andrithan was summoned."​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Kreemon, 2013-03-20) ===
 +Updates?
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: "​allaganb@yahoo.com"​ <​allaganb@yahoo.com>​
 +To: "​zioth1@zioth.com"​ <​zioth1@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 3:06 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Once he has located Tilluri, Kreemon will go around the rest of the building (the unexplored area) and peek into the windows to find out what is there before reporting to Ziedon.
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From:  Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>; ​
 +To:  Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>; ​
 +Subject: ​ RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House 
 +Sent:  Sat, Mar 16, 2013 7:10:55 PM 
 +
 +Here are the two versions of the map:
 +
 +http://​zioth.com/​_media/​zioth/​place/​maelbourg_guildhouse.gif
 +http://​zioth.com/​_media/​zioth/​place/​maelbourg_guildhouse_kreemon.gif
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 1:35 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Please resend the known layout of the guild hall.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-21) ===
 +
 +"Well if you left and Tilluri was dealing with me, who was left that would
 +have been in charge? Who else was there?"​
 +
 +"I really don't remember. I was mainly thinking about how I was out of a
 +job. A lot of people worked there; Galgewe had Ulan's guards."​
 +
 +"Did Silnquost show up there at any point?"​
 +
 +Menathal almost laughed, then realized Ziedon wasn't joking. "​Townsman
 +Silnquost wouldn'​t go in there. Enough people thought he was involved with
 +the killing when he was half way across town." Menathal'​s eyes widened
 +slightly, though he tried to hide his fear. Mentioning the killing reminded
 +him that he was talking to the real killer.
 +
 +"So who are you working for now?"
 +
 +"​I'​m still working for Forgolon."​
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:17 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Afterwards Ziedon asks, "So who are you working for now?"
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 16, 2013, at 3:23 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "​Forgolon likes to know things as quickly as possible. I slipped out 
 +> when I had the chance. Probably an Andrithan was summoned."​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-21) ===
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "And how much does he pay you a month?"​
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 21, 2013, at 4:41 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "So who are you working for now?"
 +>
 +> "​I'​m still working for Forgolon."​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-22) ===
 +Ziedon asks, "And how much does he pay you a month?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +As Menethal answers, Ziedon reaches into his pouch and begins pulling out
 +coins, "And what are you doing here at the wall?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon hands the coins to Menethal, "You work for me now as well; your
 +first assignment is to determine who took Galgewe'​s necklace and where the
 +necklace is now."
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon gives him a quarter of what Forgolon pays him, if Menethal says
 +anything about the reduced amount, then: Ziedon gives one of his malicious
 +smiles and says, "The reduced amount is because part of your pay is my good
 +will.  You would rather have my good will than coin, yes?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +On Mar 21, 2013, at 4:41 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "So who are you working for now?"
 +>
 +> "​I'​m still working for Forgolon."​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-25) ===
 +"​I'​m still working for Forgolon."​
 +
 +"And how much does he pay you a month?"​
 +
 +"​Enough."​ At Ziedon'​s look, he decided it would be better to answer. "A
 +hundred or so. It depends on what he asks me to do."
 +
 +As Menathal answered, Ziedon reached into his pouch and counted out coins.
 +"And what are you doing here at the wall?"
 +
 +"​Watching. They thought they could get away from all this if they broke out
 +of the town. Nothing'​s sane anymore."​ Menathal glanced up at the sky, where
 +clouds raced in the dim sky, and dawn approached faster than was possible.
 +
 +Ziedon handed the coins to Menethal, "You work for me now as well; your
 +first assignment is to determine who took Galgewe'​s necklace and where the
 +necklace is now."
 +
 +"I see... This is a quarter of what Forgolon pays me."
 +
 +Ziedon gave him a malicious smile. "The reduced amount is because part of
 +your pay is my good will.  You would rather have my good will than coin,
 +yes?"
 +
 +Menathal closed his eyes tight. Was he muttering a prayer? He opened them
 +and answered, "I understand. What would you like me to do?"
 +
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 11:29 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "And how much does he pay you a month?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +As Menethal answers, Ziedon reaches into his pouch and begins pulling out
 +coins, "And what are you doing here at the wall?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon hands the coins to Menethal, "You work for me now as well; your first
 +assignment is to determine who took Galgewe'​s necklace and where the
 +necklace is now."
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon gives him a quarter of what Forgolon pays him, if Menethal says
 +anything about the reduced amount, then: Ziedon gives one of his malicious
 +smiles and says, "The reduced amount is because part of your pay is my good
 +will.  You would rather have my good will than coin, yes?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +On Mar 21, 2013, at 4:41 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +wrote:
 +
 +> "So who are you working for now?"
 +>
 +> "​I'​m still working for Forgolon."​
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-25) ===
 +OOC: Ziedon already told him what to do, but can edit things a little..
 +
 +Ziedon handed the coins to Menethal, "You work for me now as well."
 +
 +"I see... This is a quarter of what Forgolon pays me."​****
 +
 +** **
 +
 +Ziedon gave him a malicious smile. "The reduced amount is because part of
 +your pay is my good will. You would rather have my good will than coin,
 +yes?"​****
 +
 +** **
 +
 +Menathal closed his eyes tight. Was he muttering a prayer? He opened them
 +and answered, "I understand. What would you like me to do?"​****
 +
 +Ziedon replies, "We will start simple, your first assignment is to
 +determine who took Galgewe'​s necklace and where the necklace is now.  If
 +you are easily able to recover it, then do so; otherwise, just find out
 +where it is."
 +
 +Ziedon says, "Any questions, as to your task?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, "As you may have noticed, I can find you whenever I choose and
 +where-ever you attempt to hide," Ziedon pauses and lets that information
 +sink in before continuing,"​But that wastes time and I do not like wasting
 +my time. So, each evening you will spend an hour, from the normal 7th to
 +8th bell, at the Silent Tavern for a quiet drink. ​ You will sit in plain
 +view, and if you have something to report, you drink using your left hand,
 +if nothing to report you will drink with your right hand."
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "​Understand?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, "Also, you will not disclose our relationship to anyone, even
 +Forgolon. ​ As far as you are concerned, I am still '​dead'​."​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-25) ===
 +"We will start simple. Your first assignment is to determine who took
 +Galgewe'​s necklace and where the necklace is now. If you are easily able to
 +recover it, then do so; otherwise, just find out where it is. Any questions,
 +as to your task?"
 +
 +"​No."​
 +
 +"As you may have noticed, I can find you whenever I choose and where-ever
 +you attempt to hide," Ziedon paused to let that information sink. "But that
 +wastes time and I do not like wasting my time. So, each evening you will
 +spend an hour, from the normal 7th to 8th bell, at the Silent Tavern for a
 +quiet drink. You will sit in plain view, and if you have something to
 +report, you drink using your left hand, if nothing to report you will drink
 +with your right hand. Understand?"​
 +
 +Menathal let out the barest of sighs. "​Yes."​
 +
 +"Also, you will not disclose our relationship to anyone, even Forgolon. ​ As
 +far as you are concerned, I am still dead."
 +
 +"I understand. It will be hard to find the necklace, if it's been gone a
 +long time. If it's still on the body, I can get it for you tonight. I mean,
 +the next time it's dark."
 +
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 10:20 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon already told him what to do, but can edit things a little..
 +
 +Ziedon handed the coins to Menethal, "You work for me now as well."
 +
 +"I see... This is a quarter of what Forgolon pays me."
 +
 +Ziedon gave him a malicious smile. "The reduced amount is because part of
 +your pay is my good will. You would rather have my good will than coin,
 +yes?"
 +
 +Menathal closed his eyes tight. Was he muttering a prayer? He opened them
 +and answered, "I understand. What would you like me to do?"
 +
 +Ziedon replies, "We will start simple, your first assignment is to determine
 +who took Galgewe'​s necklace and where the necklace is now.  If you are
 +easily able to recover it, then do so; otherwise, just find out where it
 +is."
 +
 +Ziedon says, "Any questions, as to your task?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, "As you may have noticed, I can find you whenever I choose and
 +where-ever you attempt to hide," Ziedon pauses and lets that information
 +sink in before continuing,"​But that wastes time and I do not like wasting my
 +time. So, each evening you will spend an hour, from the normal 7th to 8th
 +bell, at the Silent Tavern for a quiet drink. ​ You will sit in plain view,
 +and if you have something to report, you drink using your left hand, if
 +nothing to report you will drink with your right hand."
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "​Understand?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, "Also, you will not disclose our relationship to anyone, even
 +Forgolon. ​ As far as you are concerned, I am still '​dead'​."​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-25) ===
 +"I understand. It will be hard to find the necklace, if it's been gone a
 +long time. If it's still on the body, I can get it for you tonight. I mean,
 +the next time it's dark."​****
 +
 +Ziedon gives another of his bone-chilling smiles and says, "I can confirm
 +that it is not still on the body."
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, "​Between when his body hit the floor and when it went into the
 +ground, the necklace was taken. ​ Retrace the steps, find my necklace and I
 +will be very pleased with you.." Ziedon'​s words trail off, giving the
 +distinct understanding how how he would not be pleased if Menathal did not
 +find the necklace.
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, "​Don'​t let me keep you, go ahead, run along. ​ I am sure you
 +have a lot of people to talk to, and questions to ask."
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +OOC: What "​time"​ is it now?  Should be nearing "​sleep"​ time for people, yes?
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Kreemon, 2013-03-26) ===
 +Kreemon update?  <sniff sniff>, feeling forgotten. ;)
 +
 +  
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 12:37 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +"We will start simple. Your first assignment is to determine who took Galgewe'​s necklace and where the necklace is now. If you are easily able to recover it, then do so; otherwise, just find out where it is. Any questions, as to your task?"
 + 
 +"​No."​
 +"As you may have noticed, I can find you whenever I choose and where-ever you attempt to hide," Ziedon paused to let that information sink. "But that wastes time and I do not like wasting my time. So, each evening you will spend an hour, from the normal 7th to 8th bell, at the Silent Tavern for a quiet drink. You will sit in plain view, and if you have something to report, you drink using your left hand, if nothing to report you will drink with your right hand. Understand?"​
 + 
 +Menathal let out the barest of sighs. "​Yes."​
 +"Also, you will not disclose our relationship to anyone, even Forgolon.  As far as you are concerned, I am still dead."
 +"I understand. It will be hard to find the necklace, if it's been gone a long time. If it's still on the body, I can get it for you tonight. I mean, the next time it's dark."
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-26) ===
 +That's because the DM is focusing on the main effort, Ziedon. ;)
 +
 +On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Kreemon <​kreemon@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> Kreemon update? ​ <sniff sniff>, feeling forgotten. ;)
 +>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Kreemon, 2013-03-27) ===
 +Likely story. ;)
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: Ziedon <​ziedon@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:49 PM
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +That's because the DM is focusing on the main effort, Ziedon. ;)
 +
 +On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Kreemon <​kreemon@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +Kreemon update?  <sniff sniff>, feeling forgotten. ;)
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-28) ===
 +OOC: Ziedon left at dusk. Now the sky is getting lighter with dawn. It's the
 +21st of Saulturithaggon.
 +
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 2:08 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +"I understand. It will be hard to find the necklace, if it's been gone a
 +long time. If it's still on the body, I can get it for you tonight. I mean,
 +the next time it's dark."
 +
 +Ziedon gives another of his bone-chilling smiles and says, "I can confirm
 +that it is not still on the body."
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, "​Between when his body hit the floor and when it went into the
 +ground, the necklace was taken. ​ Retrace the steps, find my necklace and I
 +will be very pleased with you.." Ziedon'​s words trail off, giving the
 +distinct understanding how how he would not be pleased if Menathal did not
 +find the necklace.
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, "​Don'​t let me keep you, go ahead, run along. ​ I am sure you
 +have a lot of people to talk to, and questions to ask."
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +OOC: What "​time"​ is it now?  Should be nearing "​sleep"​ time for people, yes?
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-28) ===
 +OOC: Perfect, Ziedon should be able to go directly into his "​Jeweler Quest"​.
 +
 +Wait.. 21st?  It was the 18th when they exited the Temple.. ​ Ziedon did his
 +identify spells (6 hours), and then the other actions were like 2-3 hours
 +taking us to the "​present"​ with Menthal.. ​ So, 3 days have passed in the
 +span of 8-9 hours?
 +
 +On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> OOC: Ziedon left at dusk. Now the sky is getting lighter with dawn. It’s
 +> the 21st of Saulturithaggon.****
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-28) ===
 +I mixed up the days. You came out of the Temple of Andritha at night on the
 +19th (yes, I originally said it was the 18th). After some looting, it was
 +the 20th. Ziedon spent a full day (morning until morning) identifying items.
 +That brought us to the 21st.  Ziedon waited until dusk before searching for
 +Tilluri and Menathal. At the end of his conversation,​ it's getting towards
 +dawn on the 22nd.
 +
 +So. um. yeah. time is passing.
 +
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:08 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +OOC: Perfect, Ziedon should be able to go directly into his "​Jeweler Quest"​.
 +
 +Wait.. 21st?  It was the 18th when they exited the Temple.. ​ Ziedon did his
 +identify spells (6 hours), and then the other actions were like 2-3 hours
 +taking us to the "​present"​ with Menthal.. ​ So, 3 days have passed in the
 +span of 8-9 hours?
 +
 +On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com
 +<​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ > wrote:
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon left at dusk. Now the sky is getting lighter with dawn. It's the
 +21st of Saulturithaggon.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-28) ===
 +Ah, okay, so time isn't speaking up; I just forgot about the extra
 +identifying time--I remembered the 6 hours bit and not the rest of the time.
 +
 +So, false alarm, nothing to see here--move along. ;)
 +
 +On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> I mixed up the days. You came out of the Temple of Andritha at night on
 +> the 19th (yes, I originally said it was the 18th). After some looting, it
 +> was the 20th. Ziedon spent a full day (morning until morning) identifying
 +> items. That brought us to the 21st.  Ziedon waited until dusk before
 +> searching for Tilluri and Menathal. At the end of his conversation,​ it’s
 +> getting towards dawn on the 22nd.****
 +>
 +> ** **
 +>
 +> So… um… yeah… time is passing…****
 +>
 +> ** **
 +>
 +> ** **
 +>
 +> *From:* Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> *Sent:* Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:08 PM
 +>
 +> *To:* Zioth Group 1
 +> *Subject:* Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House****
 +>
 +> ** **
 +>
 +> OOC: Perfect, Ziedon should be able to go directly into his "​Jeweler
 +> Quest"​.****
 +>
 +>  ****
 +>
 +> Wait.. 21st?  It was the 18th when they exited the Temple.. ​ Ziedon did
 +> his identify spells (6 hours), and then the other actions were like 2-3
 +> hours taking us to the "​present"​ with Menthal.. ​ So, 3 days have passed in
 +> the span of 8-9 hours?****
 +>
 +> On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:****
 +>
 +> OOC: Ziedon left at dusk. Now the sky is getting lighter with dawn. It’s
 +> the 21st of Saulturithaggon.****
 +>
 +>  ****
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-28) ===
 +With one last glance at the broken gate, Menathal hurried back into town.
 +
 +OOC: I know. Not much of a post. I just didn't want to lose this line before
 +moving on to the next part of Ziedon'​s activities, and Kreemon'​s.
 +
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 2:25 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ah, okay, so time isn't speaking up; I just forgot about the extra
 +identifying time--I remembered the 6 hours bit and not the rest of the time.
 +
 +So, false alarm, nothing to see here--move along. ;)
 +
 +On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:38 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com
 +<​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ > wrote:
 +
 +I mixed up the days. You came out of the Temple of Andritha at night on the
 +19th (yes, I originally said it was the 18th). After some looting, it was
 +the 20th. Ziedon spent a full day (morning until morning) identifying items.
 +That brought us to the 21st.  Ziedon waited until dusk before searching for
 +Tilluri and Menathal. At the end of his conversation,​ it's getting towards
 +dawn on the 22nd.
 +
 +So. um. yeah. time is passing.
 +
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com <​mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com>​ ] 
 +Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:08 PM
 +
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +OOC: Perfect, Ziedon should be able to go directly into his "​Jeweler Quest"​.
 +
 +Wait.. 21st?  It was the 18th when they exited the Temple.. ​ Ziedon did his
 +identify spells (6 hours), and then the other actions were like 2-3 hours
 +taking us to the "​present"​ with Menthal.. ​ So, 3 days have passed in the
 +span of 8-9 hours?
 +
 +On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com
 +<​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ > wrote:
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon left at dusk. Now the sky is getting lighter with dawn. It's the
 +21st of Saulturithaggon.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-31) ===
 +Ziedon returned to his room, intending to wait until an hour before sunrise.
 +By the time he got there, it seemed like it was already time to leave. He
 +was getting tired. How long had he been awake? He turned around and walked
 +towards the House of Morenth, looking for a jeweler. Close to the House,
 +there were far more people. Some idled around, not knowing what to do.
 +Others conversed quietly in small groups. At one point, Ziedon got a glimpse
 +of the House itself. Smoke rose from its partly collapsed roof.
 +
 +In this part of town, there was no easy way Ziedon could break into a
 +jeweler'​s shop without being noticed. Worse, sunrise started earlier than
 +Ziedon had expected. The morning was already getting bright.
 +
 +OOC: Don't worry, Chris. A post for you is coming up.
 +
 +From: Alex Corbin [mailto:​alex.corbin@gmail.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 3:00 PM
 +To: Zioth DM
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon returns to his room and waits until an hour before "​sunrise"​ and then
 +goes by one of the jewlers near the house (where there will not be too much
 +additional guard presence) and casually cases the joint. ​ He checks to see
 +where all of the entrances/​exits are; where the windows are; what visible
 +locks there are on the doors/etc.
 +
 +With a better idea of the outside, Ziedon slips into an alley and turns
 +himself invisible; he then turns himself into a gaseous vapor.
 +
 +Ziedon slides into the building, taking his time and exploring the layout,
 +so he knows where any guards are located, and where the jeweler is sleeping.
 +
 +OOC: Assuming that the layout is like the previous jewler that he "​met"​.. A
 +show room downstairs with a guard, and the jeweler living upstairs:
 +
 +Once he has the layout firmly down, Ziedon reforms by the inner door,
 +leading to the merchant'​s private area and looks through the keyhole and
 +casts a silent charm person on the guard. ​ Ziedon then quietly casts his
 +blink spell and blinks outside the jeweler'​s room, casting two more silent
 +charms onto the jeweler through the keyhole.
 +
 +Ziedon then knocks on the jeweler'​s bedroom door before blinking through the
 +outer wall to the outside alley, canceling the spell afterwards.
 +
 +Ziedon then goes to the front door and knocks loudly on the door...
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon should be able to talk his way inside due to the charmed guard,
 +and then have the guard wake the jeweler.
 +
 +Once the jeweler comes down, Ziedon is all apologetic about the hour and
 +explains that he needs to gather some gemstones for a quick departure from
 +this town.  Ziedon casts Suggestion onto the Jeweler, suggesting that, "Over
 +the next six hours I suggest you bargain with your fellow jewlers for all of
 +the 15/25/50/75 and 100gp onyx stones that you can get your hands on and
 +then immediately after return here and sell them to me."
 +
 +Ziedon will then return to his rooms and sleep; returning to the jewelers in
 +6 hours.
 +
 +On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Alex Corbin <​alex.corbin@gmail.com
 +<​mailto:​alex.corbin@gmail.com>​ > wrote:
 +
 +OOC: What "​time"​ is it now?  Should be nearing "​sleep"​ time for people, yes?
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-31) ===
 +
 +Ziedon will be invisible gas when he broke in; he just needs an alley
 +or secluded doorway to casts the spells. ​ He can even do that a house
 +or two over if necessary and then flow over.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 31, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> In this part of town, there was no easy way Ziedon could break into a jeweler'​s shop without being noticed. Worse, sunrise started earlier than Ziedon had expected. The morning was already getting bright.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-31) ===
 +
 +In this part of town, there was no easy way Ziedon could break into a
 +jeweler'​s shop without being noticed. Worse, sunrise started earlier than
 +Ziedon had expected. The morning was already getting bright. Nevertheless,​
 +Ziedon casually walked by, noting all doors and windows. It was similar to
 +the last jeweler'​s house, the one Ziedon had ransacked, murdering all
 +within. There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and
 +no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space above. The
 +second floor had been severely damaged by the ice fall, but had already been
 +repaired. The craftsmanship was poor, probably temporary, but it would hold
 +for a while, and keep anyone from climbing in and looting. Neither the front
 +nor the back door was locked, which probably meant they were locked from the
 +inside.
 +
 +OOC: The next part of your post has Ziedon turning himself invisible, but he
 +doesn'​t have Invisibility prepared, since he hasn't rested since he left the
 +House. His current spell list is:
 +
 +0: Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Touch of Fatigue
 +1: Chill Touch, *****Identify x5
 +2: Charm Person (Silent) x3, Ghoul Touch, *Identify
 +3: Gaseous Form, Skull Trap, Blink, Suggestion
 +4: **Locate Create x2, Crushing Despair
 +
 +A (*) means you've cast that spell.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:33 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon will be invisible gas when he broke in; he just needs an alley or
 +secluded doorway to casts the spells. ​ He can even do that a house or two
 +over if necessary and then flow over.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 31, 2013, at 7:41 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> In this part of town, there was no easy way Ziedon could break into a
 +jeweler'​s shop without being noticed. Worse, sunrise started earlier than
 +Ziedon had expected. The morning was already getting bright.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-31) ===
 +At any other time, Kreemon would have had an extremely difficult time
 +disguising his activities. The wheelbarrows,​ the single active laundry not
 +accepting customers, and above all the stench, would have been too
 +conspicuous to ignore. As it was, though, no one wanted to investigate.
 +There were too many more important things going on. After he'd cleaned
 +enough bodies and wheeled their bones to his hiding place near the boarding
 +house, Kreemon returned home. He wasn't surprised that Ziedon was absent.
 +With the days passing so quickly, sleep schedules were bound to be different
 +between any two people.
 +
 +Kreemon was exhausted. He guessed that more than a full day, in his own
 +subjective time, had passed since he'd last slept, and that sleep had been
 +drug-induced and on a stone floor. He collapsed into bed and fell asleep
 +immediately.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes shot open. Something was wrong. Anxiety built in him, as if
 +there was too much to do in too short a time. He looked out the window and
 +saw the moons moving slowly but visibly across the sky. Time was wrong, but
 +he'd already known that. No, now he didn't just know it; he //felt// it. He
 +was dragging himself along at a snail'​s pace as the world passed him by, and
 +the Zioth crept ever closer.
 +
 +Something passed by. He saw it out of the corner of his eye, but when he
 +turned his head, it was gone.
 +
 +From: Alex Corbin [mailto:​alex.corbin@gmail.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 3:00 PM
 +To: Zioth DM
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon returns to his room and waits until an hour before "​sunrise"​ and then
 +goes by one of the jewlers near the house (where there will not be too much
 +additional guard presence) and casually cases the joint. ​ He checks to see
 +where all of the entrances/​exits are; where the windows are; what visible
 +locks there are on the doors/etc.
 +
 +With a better idea of the outside, Ziedon slips into an alley and turns
 +himself invisible; he then turns himself into a gaseous vapor.
 +
 +Ziedon slides into the building, taking his time and exploring the layout,
 +so he knows where any guards are located, and where the jeweler is sleeping.
 +
 +OOC: Assuming that the layout is like the previous jewler that he "​met"​.. A
 +show room downstairs with a guard, and the jeweler living upstairs:
 +
 +Once he has the layout firmly down, Ziedon reforms by the inner door,
 +leading to the merchant'​s private area and looks through the keyhole and
 +casts a silent charm person on the guard. ​ Ziedon then quietly casts his
 +blink spell and blinks outside the jeweler'​s room, casting two more silent
 +charms onto the jeweler through the keyhole.
 +
 +Ziedon then knocks on the jeweler'​s bedroom door before blinking through the
 +outer wall to the outside alley, canceling the spell afterwards.
 +
 +Ziedon then goes to the front door and knocks loudly on the door...
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon should be able to talk his way inside due to the charmed guard,
 +and then have the guard wake the jeweler.
 +
 +Once the jeweler comes down, Ziedon is all apologetic about the hour and
 +explains that he needs to gather some gemstones for a quick departure from
 +this town.  Ziedon casts Suggestion onto the Jeweler, suggesting that, "Over
 +the next six hours I suggest you bargain with your fellow jewlers for all of
 +the 15/25/50/75 and 100gp onyx stones that you can get your hands on and
 +then immediately after return here and sell them to me."
 +
 +Ziedon will then return to his rooms and sleep; returning to the jewelers in
 +6 hours.
 +
 +On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 1:07 PM, Alex Corbin <​alex.corbin@gmail.com
 +<​mailto:​alex.corbin@gmail.com>​ > wrote:
 +
 +OOC: What "​time"​ is it now?  Should be nearing "​sleep"​ time for people, yes?
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-31) ===
 +
 +OOC: Oops..
 +
 +From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm spells
 +on the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches the pair.
 +
 +"I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and
 +> no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space above
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-03-31) ===
 +
 +How is he concealed? The streets are fairly crowded.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +OOC: Oops..
 +
 +From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm spells on
 +the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches the pair.
 +
 +"I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and 
 +> no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space 
 +> above
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-03-31) ===
 +
 +Ziedon goes to a point where he is still within range and eyeshot of
 +the guard but can disguise his hand movements.
 +
 +Like standing near a merchant stand in the street, using that for
 +cover, or the front of a building, with Ziedon facing the building
 +very closely as he looks over his shoulder at the guard; spell takes
 +less than 10 seconds to cast since it is only one combat round to
 +cast.
 +
 +He should be able to find something that gives him relative
 +concealment for his hands.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 31, 2013, at 6:24 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> How is he concealed? The streets are fairly crowded.
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> OOC: Oops..
 +>
 +> From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm spells on
 +> the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches the pair.
 +>
 +> "I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and
 +>> no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space
 +>> above
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-04) ===
 +
 +"​Shop'​s closed,"​ said the older guard, at the same time that the younger one
 +said, "​We'​ll open the shop." The older gave the other a narrow glare, and
 +said, "Come back in a few days."
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +OOC: Oops..
 +
 +From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm spells on
 +the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches the pair.
 +
 +"I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and 
 +> no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space 
 +> above
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-04) ===
 +
 +Ziedon says, "I am sure that the master jeweler would want to meet
 +with me, I have a lot of good business to do with him."
 +
 +Ziedon pulls out some of the gemstones and, using his body to cover
 +them from the passing crowds behind him, shows them the stones.
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "Could you at least see if the master jeweler is
 +interested? ​ I can always wait here, though I'd prefer to wait inside
 +with all of this on me."
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:55 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "​Shop'​s closed,"​ said the older guard, at the same time that the younger one
 +> said, "​We'​ll open the shop." The older gave the other a narrow glare, and
 +> said, "Come back in a few days."
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> OOC: Oops..
 +>
 +> From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm spells on
 +> the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches the pair.
 +>
 +> "I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and
 +>> no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space
 +>> above
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-04) ===
 +
 +The young guard was about to answer, but he was silenced by a look from his
 +superior. "Like I said, shop's closed,"​ but the man's eyes had widened at
 +the sight of the gemstones. Surely, he'd seem plenty in his time, but not in
 +the hands of a man in the street.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:48 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon says, "I am sure that the master jeweler would want to meet with me,
 +I have a lot of good business to do with him."
 +
 +Ziedon pulls out some of the gemstones and, using his body to cover them
 +from the passing crowds behind him, shows them the stones.
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "Could you at least see if the master jeweler is interested? ​ I
 +can always wait here, though I'd prefer to wait inside with all of this on
 +me."
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:55 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "​Shop'​s closed,"​ said the older guard, at the same time that the 
 +> younger one said, "​We'​ll open the shop." The older gave the other a 
 +> narrow glare, and said, "Come back in a few days."
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> OOC: Oops..
 +>
 +> From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm spells ​
 +> on the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches the pair.
 +>
 +> "I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and 
 +>> no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space 
 +>> above
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-04) ===
 +
 +Ziedon replies, "​Shouldn'​t the jeweler make that decision?"​
 +
 +Ziedon holds up one of the smaller gemstones and moves it around in
 +front of him as he says to the guard, "I have good samples and I am
 +sure you understanding will be rewarded."​
 +
 +Ziedon casts a silent charm on the older guard as he moves the stone
 +in front of him, seemingly mesmerizing the guard. ​ Ziedon continues to
 +the end of the spell, even if the guard interrupts with words, Ziedon
 +will respond, "Are you sure?"/​etc until the spell is finished.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> The young guard was about to answer, but he was silenced by a look from his
 +> superior. "Like I said, shop's closed,"​ but the man's eyes had widened at
 +> the sight of the gemstones. Surely, he'd seem plenty in his time, but not in
 +> the hands of a man in the street.
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:48 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> Ziedon says, "I am sure that the master jeweler would want to meet with me,
 +> I have a lot of good business to do with him."
 +>
 +> Ziedon pulls out some of the gemstones and, using his body to cover them
 +> from the passing crowds behind him, shows them the stones.
 +>
 +> Ziedon asks, "Could you at least see if the master jeweler is interested? ​ I
 +> can always wait here, though I'd prefer to wait inside with all of this on
 +> me."
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:55 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> "​Shop'​s closed,"​ said the older guard, at the same time that the
 +>> younger one said, "​We'​ll open the shop." The older gave the other a
 +>> narrow glare, and said, "Come back in a few days."
 +>>
 +>>
 +>> -----Original Message-----
 +>> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +>> Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22 PM
 +>> To: Zioth Group 1
 +>> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>>
 +>> OOC: Oops..
 +>>
 +>> From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm spells
 +>> on the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches the pair.
 +>>
 +>> "I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +>>
 +>> Sent from my iPhone
 +>>
 +>> On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>>
 +>>>​ There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and
 +>>>​ no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space
 +>>>​ above
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-04) ===
 +
 +"What the hell are you doing?"​ The guard asked, but he didn't stop Ziedon
 +from completing his spell.
 +
 +"Are you sure?"
 +
 +"No fancy dancing is gonna convince me... but that will." He gestured to the
 +gemstone. He was obviously totally unfamiliar with the subtlety involved in
 +taking bribes.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:13 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon replies, "​Shouldn'​t the jeweler make that decision?"​
 +
 +Ziedon holds up one of the smaller gemstones and moves it around in front of
 +him as he says to the guard, "I have good samples and I am sure you
 +understanding will be rewarded."​
 +
 +Ziedon casts a silent charm on the older guard as he moves the stone in
 +front of him, seemingly mesmerizing the guard. ​ Ziedon continues to the end
 +of the spell, even if the guard interrupts with words, Ziedon will respond,
 +"Are you sure?"/​etc until the spell is finished.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> The young guard was about to answer, but he was silenced by a look 
 +> from his superior. "Like I said, shop's closed,"​ but the man's eyes 
 +> had widened at the sight of the gemstones. Surely, he'd seem plenty in 
 +> his time, but not in the hands of a man in the street.
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:48 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> Ziedon says, "I am sure that the master jeweler would want to meet 
 +> with me, I have a lot of good business to do with him."
 +>
 +> Ziedon pulls out some of the gemstones and, using his body to cover 
 +> them from the passing crowds behind him, shows them the stones.
 +>
 +> Ziedon asks, "Could you at least see if the master jeweler is 
 +> interested? ​ I can always wait here, though I'd prefer to wait inside ​
 +> with all of this on me."
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:55 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> "​Shop'​s closed,"​ said the older guard, at the same time that the 
 +>> younger one said, "​We'​ll open the shop." The older gave the other a 
 +>> narrow glare, and said, "Come back in a few days."
 +>>
 +>>
 +>> -----Original Message-----
 +>> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +>> Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22 PM
 +>> To: Zioth Group 1
 +>> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>>
 +>> OOC: Oops..
 +>>
 +>> From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm 
 +>> spells on the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches the
 +pair.
 +>>
 +>> "I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +>>
 +>> Sent from my iPhone
 +>>
 +>> On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>>
 +>>>​ There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and 
 +>>>​ no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space 
 +>>>​ above
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-04) ===
 +
 +Ziedon says, "Done, once you let me in, I wouldn'​t mind you vouching
 +for me with the jeweler either,"​ though the last was directed towards
 +the younger guard.
 +
 +Once Ziedon is inside and the jeweler is called for, he hands the gem
 +to the guard and says, "Thank you for your help."
 +
 +Once Ziedon hears the merchant coming, and unbolting the door to the
 +show room, Ziedon starts his final silent charm, another gem in his
 +hand, "I sure hope he likes these" Ziedon says as an aside, for the
 +guards benefit, letting the magic fly as the jeweler comes into sight.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:30 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "What the hell are you doing?"​ The guard asked, but he didn't stop Ziedon
 +> from completing his spell.
 +>
 +> "Are you sure?"
 +>
 +> "No fancy dancing is gonna convince me... but that will." He gestured to the
 +> gemstone. He was obviously totally unfamiliar with the subtlety involved in
 +> taking bribes.
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:13 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> Ziedon replies, "​Shouldn'​t the jeweler make that decision?"​
 +>
 +> Ziedon holds up one of the smaller gemstones and moves it around in front of
 +> him as he says to the guard, "I have good samples and I am sure you
 +> understanding will be rewarded."​
 +>
 +> Ziedon casts a silent charm on the older guard as he moves the stone in
 +> front of him, seemingly mesmerizing the guard. ​ Ziedon continues to the end
 +> of the spell, even if the guard interrupts with words, Ziedon will respond,
 +> "Are you sure?"/​etc until the spell is finished.
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> The young guard was about to answer, but he was silenced by a look
 +>> from his superior. "Like I said, shop's closed,"​ but the man's eyes
 +>> had widened at the sight of the gemstones. Surely, he'd seem plenty in
 +>> his time, but not in the hands of a man in the street.
 +>>
 +>>
 +>> -----Original Message-----
 +>> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +>> Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:48 PM
 +>> To: Zioth Group 1
 +>> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon says, "I am sure that the master jeweler would want to meet
 +>> with me, I have a lot of good business to do with him."
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon pulls out some of the gemstones and, using his body to cover
 +>> them from the passing crowds behind him, shows them the stones.
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon asks, "Could you at least see if the master jeweler is
 +>> interested? ​ I can always wait here, though I'd prefer to wait inside
 +>> with all of this on me."
 +>>
 +>> Sent from my iPhone
 +>>
 +>> On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:55 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>>
 +>>>​ "​Shop'​s closed,"​ said the older guard, at the same time that the
 +>>>​ younger one said, "​We'​ll open the shop." The older gave the other a
 +>>>​ narrow glare, and said, "Come back in a few days."
 +>>>​
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ -----Original Message-----
 +>>>​ From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +>>>​ Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22 PM
 +>>>​ To: Zioth Group 1
 +>>>​ Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ OOC: Oops..
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm
 +>>>​ spells on the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches the
 +> pair.
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ "I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ Sent from my iPhone
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>>>​
 +>>>>​ There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside and
 +>>>>​ no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living space
 +>>>>​ above
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-04-07) ===
 +OOC: I posted this earlier at the end of a mainly-Ziedon post. Reposting in
 +case Chris didn't notice it.
 +
 +At any other time, Kreemon would have had an extremely difficult time
 +disguising his activities. The wheelbarrows,​ the single active laundry not
 +accepting customers, and above all the stench, would have been too
 +conspicuous to ignore. As it was, though, no one wanted to investigate.
 +There were too many more important things going on. After he'd cleaned
 +enough bodies and wheeled their bones to his hiding place near the boarding
 +house, Kreemon returned home. He wasn't surprised that Ziedon was absent.
 +With the days passing so quickly, sleep schedules were bound to be different
 +between any two people.
 +
 +Kreemon was exhausted. He guessed that more than a full day, in his own
 +subjective time, had passed since he'd last slept, and that sleep had been
 +drug-induced and on a stone floor. He collapsed into bed and fell asleep
 +immediately.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes shot open. Something was wrong. Anxiety built in him, as if
 +there was too much to do in too short a time. He looked out the window and
 +saw the moons moving slowly but visibly across the sky. Time was wrong, but
 +he'd already known that. No, now he didn't just know it; he //felt// it. He
 +was dragging himself along at a snail'​s pace as the world passed him by, and
 +the Zioth crept ever closer.
 +
 +Something passed by. He saw it out of the corner of his eye, but when he
 +turned his head, it was gone.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-07) ===
 +
 +The older guard took the stone and examined it for a short time before
 +thrusting it into a small pocket under his armor. Ziedon had hoped to pay
 +him after the task was completed, but he wasn't budging. He knocked on the
 +door and shouted, "Open up!" After a few seconds and the sound of a heavy
 +bar being lifted, the door was opened. "​He'​s got a meeting with Master
 +Delmenti."​ He brought Ziedon outside, and when the younger guard tried to
 +follow, he gave him a look which returned him to his post, along with one of
 +the two guards who had been inside. "​Don'​t know what got into him. Wait
 +here. Don't touch anything,"​ he said, then disappeared through a back door.
 +
 +This was a lot like the other jeweler'​s showroom, but instead of display
 +cases sitting on the floor, there were lock boxes mounted on the walls. Most
 +of these were unlocked, and a few were open but empty, as if someone had
 +already robbed the place, but nothing was broken. A bucket on the floor
 +caught the slow drip through an imperfectly repaired crack in the ceiling.
 +
 +Ziedon waited for a few minutes before the jeweler returned. Ziedon nodded
 +to the guard and said, "Thank you for your help."
 +
 +--or--
 +
 +Once Ziedon hears the merchant coming, and unbolting the door to the show
 +room, Ziedon starts his final silent charm, another gem in his hand, "I sure
 +hope he likes these" Ziedon says as an aside, for the guards benefit,
 +letting the magic fly as the jeweler comes into sight.
 +
 +OOC: I don't know whether you want to modify that last paragraph, since
 +there are two guards in the room. They might just think your gestures are
 +some crazy dance, or they might suspect something.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 5:24 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon says, "Done, once you let me in, I wouldn'​t mind you vouching for me
 +with the jeweler either,"​ though the last was directed towards the younger
 +guard.
 +
 +Once Ziedon is inside and the jeweler is called for, he hands the gem to the
 +guard and says, "Thank you for your help."
 +
 +Once Ziedon hears the merchant coming, and unbolting the door to the show
 +room, Ziedon starts his final silent charm, another gem in his hand, "I sure
 +hope he likes these" Ziedon says as an aside, for the guards benefit,
 +letting the magic fly as the jeweler comes into sight.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:30 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "What the hell are you doing?"​ The guard asked, but he didn't stop 
 +> Ziedon from completing his spell.
 +>
 +> "Are you sure?"
 +>
 +> "No fancy dancing is gonna convince me... but that will." He gestured ​
 +> to the gemstone. He was obviously totally unfamiliar with the subtlety ​
 +> involved in taking bribes.
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 2:13 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> Ziedon replies, "​Shouldn'​t the jeweler make that decision?"​
 +>
 +> Ziedon holds up one of the smaller gemstones and moves it around in 
 +> front of him as he says to the guard, "I have good samples and I am 
 +> sure you understanding will be rewarded."​
 +>
 +> Ziedon casts a silent charm on the older guard as he moves the stone 
 +> in front of him, seemingly mesmerizing the guard. ​ Ziedon continues to 
 +> the end of the spell, even if the guard interrupts with words, Ziedon ​
 +> will respond, "Are you sure?"/​etc until the spell is finished.
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Apr 4, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> The young guard was about to answer, but he was silenced by a look 
 +>> from his superior. "Like I said, shop's closed,"​ but the man's eyes 
 +>> had widened at the sight of the gemstones. Surely, he'd seem plenty ​
 +>> in his time, but not in the hands of a man in the street.
 +>>
 +>>
 +>> -----Original Message-----
 +>> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +>> Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 1:48 PM
 +>> To: Zioth Group 1
 +>> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon says, "I am sure that the master jeweler would want to meet 
 +>> with me, I have a lot of good business to do with him."
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon pulls out some of the gemstones and, using his body to cover 
 +>> them from the passing crowds behind him, shows them the stones.
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon asks, "Could you at least see if the master jeweler is 
 +>> interested? ​ I can always wait here, though I'd prefer to wait inside ​
 +>> with all of this on me."
 +>>
 +>> Sent from my iPhone
 +>>
 +>> On Apr 4, 2013, at 12:55 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>>
 +>>>​ "​Shop'​s closed,"​ said the older guard, at the same time that the 
 +>>>​ younger one said, "​We'​ll open the shop." The older gave the other a 
 +>>>​ narrow glare, and said, "Come back in a few days."
 +>>>​
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ -----Original Message-----
 +>>>​ From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +>>>​ Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 6:22 PM
 +>>>​ To: Zioth Group 1
 +>>>​ Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ OOC: Oops..
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ From his concealed vantage point, Ziedon casts one of his charm 
 +>>>​ spells on the younger of the two guards and then openly approaches ​
 +>>>​ the
 +> pair.
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ "I have business with the jeweler, please allow me to pass."
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ Sent from my iPhone
 +>>>​
 +>>>​ On Mar 31, 2013, at 3:35 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>>>​
 +>>>>​ There was a storefront, with two armored guards standing outside ​
 +>>>>​ and no view into the inside, a workshop in the back, and living ​
 +>>>>​ space above
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-04-07) ===
 +OOC: I did miss this post.. But you missed the part about Kreemon turning into an owl:
 + 
 +Kreemon walks away and turns down the first alley, once alone he transforms into an owl and returns to the guild house, looking in the windows to see where Tilluri goes.
 +
 +He flaps from window sill to window sill; until he determines Tilluri'​s final destination.
 +
 +Once he has determined where Tilluri is quartered or where his duty station is (or as close as he can determine), Kreemon flies back to an alley and transforms back.
 +
 +Kreemon then sends the message ribbon to Ziedon, "​Tilluri refuses to meet with you, I've discovered the general area where he is stays in the guild hall if you want to visit him. I'm returning to my chores."​
 +
 +Kreemon then returns to gathering supplies, pulling out clean bones and putting fresh bodies in. When necessary, Kreemon will drain and clean out the vats, before refilling it with snow/ice and bodies.
 +
 +Once Kreemon runs through the bodies he has, he goes and gets more.
 + 
 +-----  New post:
 + At any other time, Kreemon would have had an extremely difficult time disguising his activities. The wheelbarrows,​ the single active laundry not accepting customers, and above all the stench, would have been too conspicuous to ignore. As it was, though, no one wanted to investigate. There were too many more important things going on. After he'd cleaned enough bodies and wheeled their bones to his hiding place near the boarding house, Kreemon returned home. He wasn't surprised that Ziedon was absent. With the days passing so quickly, sleep schedules were bound to be different between any two people.
 + 
 +Kreemon was exhausted. He guessed that more than a full day, in his own subjective time, had passed since he'd last slept, and that sleep had been drug-induced and on a stone floor. He collapsed into bed and fell asleep immediately.
 + 
 +Kreemon'​s eyes shot open. Something was wrong. Anxiety built in him, as if there was too much to do in too short a time. He looked out the window and saw the moons moving slowly but visibly across the sky. Time was wrong, but he'd already known that. No, now he didn't just know it; he //felt// it. He was dragging himself along at a snail'​s pace as the world passed him by, and the Zioth crept ever closer.
 + 
 +Something passed by. He saw it out of the corner of his eye, but when he turned his head, it was gone.
 + 
 +Kreemon looks around, puzzled, and then looks back up at the moons in the sky.
 + 
 +OOC: Did time just speed up?
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-04-07) ===
 +I got that post. Tilluri went to an inner chamber, and Kreemon lost track of
 +him. It's a huge square-ish building, so most rooms don't have windows.
 +
 +Real response coming up. :)
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:57 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: I did miss this post.. But you missed the part about Kreemon turning
 +into an owl:
 +
 +Kreemon walks away and turns down the first alley, once alone he transforms
 +into an owl and returns to the guild house, looking in the windows to see
 +where Tilluri goes.
 +
 +He flaps from window sill to window sill; until he determines Tilluri'​s
 +final destination.
 +
 +Once he has determined where Tilluri is quartered or where his duty station
 +is (or as close as he can determine), Kreemon flies back to an alley and
 +transforms back.
 +
 +Kreemon then sends the message ribbon to Ziedon, "​Tilluri refuses to meet
 +with you, I've discovered the general area where he is stays in the guild
 +hall if you want to visit him. I'm returning to my chores."​
 +
 +Kreemon then returns to gathering supplies, pulling out clean bones and
 +putting fresh bodies in. When necessary, Kreemon will drain and clean out
 +the vats, before refilling it with snow/ice and bodies.
 +
 +Once Kreemon runs through the bodies he has, he goes and gets more.
 +
 +-----  New post:
 +
 +At any other time, Kreemon would have had an extremely difficult time
 +disguising his activities. The wheelbarrows,​ the single active laundry not
 +accepting customers, and above all the stench, would have been too
 +conspicuous to ignore. As it was, though, no one wanted to investigate.
 +There were too many more important things going on. After he'd cleaned
 +enough bodies and wheeled their bones to his hiding place near the boarding
 +house, Kreemon returned home. He wasn't surprised that Ziedon was absent.
 +With the days passing so quickly, sleep schedules were bound to be different
 +between any two people.
 +
 +Kreemon was exhausted. He guessed that more than a full day, in his own
 +subjective time, had passed since he'd last slept, and that sleep had been
 +drug-induced and on a stone floor. He collapsed into bed and fell asleep
 +immediately.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes shot open. Something was wrong. Anxiety built in him, as if
 +there was too much to do in too short a time. He looked out the window and
 +saw the moons moving slowly but visibly across the sky. Time was wrong, but
 +he'd already known that. No, now he didn't just know it; he //felt// it. He
 +was dragging himself along at a snail'​s pace as the world passed him by, and
 +the Zioth crept ever closer.
 +
 +Something passed by. He saw it out of the corner of his eye, but when he
 +turned his head, it was gone.
 +
 +Kreemon looks around, puzzled, and then looks back up at the moons in the
 +sky.
 +
 +OOC: Did time just speed up?
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-07) ===
 +
 +Ziedon pulls out a few more stones and moves them around his hands,
 +saying, "​Sorry,​ the weird weather and events that have happened have
 +gotten me a little fidgety."​
 +
 +Ziedon asks, with a gesture towards the lock boxes, "The jeweler still
 +has wares, yes?"
 +
 +Ziedon keeps his hands moving with the stones, trying to engage the
 +guards with small talk.
 +
 +As he hears the guard and the merchant returning, Ziedon begins
 +casting the silent charm, letting the guard return and then casting
 +the spell upon the jeweler, "Ah, excellent; good to see you, I
 +apologize for the intrusion but I would like to conduct some
 +business."​
 +
 +Ziedon asks, gems in his hands and with a look around, "You still have
 +some wares, yes?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> the two guards who had been inside. "​Don'​t know what got into him. Wait
 +> here. Don't touch anything,"​ he said, then disappeared through a back door.
 +>
 +> This was a lot like the other jeweler'​s showroom, but instead of display
 +> cases sitting on the floor, there were lock boxes mounted on the walls. Most
 +> of these were unlocked, and a few were open but empty, as if someone had
 +> already robbed the place, but nothing was broken. A bucket on the floor
 +> caught the slow drip through an imperfectly repaired crack in the ceiling.
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Ziedon, 2013-04-07) ===
 +Does that mean he doesn'​t send the message?
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 7, 2013, at 3:01 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +I got that post. Tilluri went to an inner chamber, and Kreemon lost track
 +of him. It’s a huge square-ish building, so most rooms don’t have windows.
 +
 +Real response coming up… :)
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-04-08) ===
 +There it was again. A shadow, or an outline of a shadow, or... something.
 +Something was there, until he looked directly at it. Then it was gone.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:57 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: I did miss this post.. But you missed the part about Kreemon turning
 +into an owl:
 +
 +Kreemon walks away and turns down the first alley, once alone he transforms
 +into an owl and returns to the guild house, looking in the windows to see
 +where Tilluri goes.
 +
 +He flaps from window sill to window sill; until he determines Tilluri'​s
 +final destination.
 +
 +Once he has determined where Tilluri is quartered or where his duty station
 +is (or as close as he can determine), Kreemon flies back to an alley and
 +transforms back.
 +
 +Kreemon then sends the message ribbon to Ziedon, "​Tilluri refuses to meet
 +with you, I've discovered the general area where he is stays in the guild
 +hall if you want to visit him. I'm returning to my chores."​
 +
 +Kreemon then returns to gathering supplies, pulling out clean bones and
 +putting fresh bodies in. When necessary, Kreemon will drain and clean out
 +the vats, before refilling it with snow/ice and bodies.
 +
 +Once Kreemon runs through the bodies he has, he goes and gets more.
 +
 +-----  New post:
 +
 +At any other time, Kreemon would have had an extremely difficult time
 +disguising his activities. The wheelbarrows,​ the single active laundry not
 +accepting customers, and above all the stench, would have been too
 +conspicuous to ignore. As it was, though, no one wanted to investigate.
 +There were too many more important things going on. After he'd cleaned
 +enough bodies and wheeled their bones to his hiding place near the boarding
 +house, Kreemon returned home. He wasn't surprised that Ziedon was absent.
 +With the days passing so quickly, sleep schedules were bound to be different
 +between any two people.
 +
 +Kreemon was exhausted. He guessed that more than a full day, in his own
 +subjective time, had passed since he'd last slept, and that sleep had been
 +drug-induced and on a stone floor. He collapsed into bed and fell asleep
 +immediately.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes shot open. Something was wrong. Anxiety built in him, as if
 +there was too much to do in too short a time. He looked out the window and
 +saw the moons moving slowly but visibly across the sky. Time was wrong, but
 +he'd already known that. No, now he didn't just know it; he //felt// it. He
 +was dragging himself along at a snail'​s pace as the world passed him by, and
 +the Zioth crept ever closer.
 +
 +Something passed by. He saw it out of the corner of his eye, but when he
 +turned his head, it was gone.
 +
 +Kreemon looks around, puzzled, and then looks back up at the moons in the
 +sky.
 +
 +OOC: Did time just speed up?
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-04-08) ===
 +OOC: Is the shadow in the room with him?  Or outside?
 + 
 +IC: Kreemon avoids looking directly at the strange presence, and instead uses his periphal vision to try to determine what it is and what he is seeing.
 + 
 +Kreemon will move towards it, moving sideways, so he is still using his periphal vision to get a closer look.
 + 
 +Kreemon also listens intently and breathes deeply through his nose to see if any of his other senses can determine anything.
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 12:31 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +There it was again. A shadow, or an outline of a shadow, or... something. Something was there, until he looked directly at it. Then it was gone.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-04-08) ===
 +There it was again. A shadow, or an outline of a shadow, or... something.
 +Something was there, until he looked directly at it. Then it was gone.
 +
 +Kreemon avoided looking directly at the strange presence, and instead used
 +his peripheral vision to try to determine what he was seeing. He moved
 +towards it sideways. He also listened intently and breathed deeply through
 +his nose to see if any of his other senses can determine anything. He did
 +smell something, and there was a sound too, though he couldn'​t identify it.
 +His ears tingled like it was more touch than sound.
 +
 +The vague, shadowy form resisted, just a bit. It was cold, and sharp, though
 +not painfully so.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 1:54 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: Is the shadow in the room with him?  Or outside?
 +
 +IC: Kreemon avoids looking directly at the strange presence, and instead
 +uses his periphal vision to try to determine what it is and what he is
 +seeing.
 +
 +Kreemon will move towards it, moving sideways, so he is still using his
 +periphal vision to get a closer look.
 +
 +Kreemon also listens intently and breathes deeply through his nose to see if
 +any of his other senses can determine anything.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 12:31 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +There it was again. A shadow, or an outline of a shadow, or... something.
 +Something was there, until he looked directly at it. Then it was gone.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-08) ===
 +
 +Ziedon pulled out a few more stones and moved them around his hands. "​Sorry,​
 +the weird weather and events that have happened have gotten me a little
 +fidgety."​ He gestured towards the lock boxes, "The jeweler still has wares,
 +yes?" The remaining guards nodded, keeping his eyes on Ziedon. Ziedon kept
 +his hands moving with the stones, trying to engage him with small talk, but
 +he didn't seem interested, or perhaps he had been told not to speak with
 +merchants and customers. When Ziedon heard the merchant coming, he began
 +another silent spell. His wild gestures caught the attention of the guard,
 +who put his hand on the hilt of his sword, unsure about what to do. Then the
 +guard from outside returned and the jeweler appeared. Ziedon finished the
 +spell. "Ah, excellent,"​ Ziedon said. "Good to see you. I apologize for the
 +intrusion but I would like to conduct some business."​ Ziedon looked around,
 +gems in hands. "You still have some wares, yes?"
 +
 +The jeweler looked at the door, then at the stones in Ziedon'​s hand. "​Yes,"​
 +he said warily. "I had to move them, of course."​
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 4:10 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon pulls out a few more stones and moves them around his hands, saying,
 +"​Sorry,​ the weird weather and events that have happened have gotten me a
 +little fidgety."​
 +
 +Ziedon asks, with a gesture towards the lock boxes, "The jeweler still has
 +wares, yes?"
 +
 +Ziedon keeps his hands moving with the stones, trying to engage the guards
 +with small talk.
 +
 +As he hears the guard and the merchant returning, Ziedon begins casting the
 +silent charm, letting the guard return and then casting the spell upon the
 +jeweler, "Ah, excellent; good to see you, I apologize for the intrusion but
 +I would like to conduct some business."​
 +
 +Ziedon asks, gems in his hands and with a look around, "You still have some
 +wares, yes?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 7, 2013, at 11:59 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> the two guards who had been inside. "​Don'​t know what got into him. 
 +> Wait here. Don't touch anything,"​ he said, then disappeared through a back
 +door.
 +>
 +> This was a lot like the other jeweler'​s showroom, but instead of 
 +> display cases sitting on the floor, there were lock boxes mounted on 
 +> the walls. Most of these were unlocked, and a few were open but empty, ​
 +> as if someone had already robbed the place, but nothing was broken. A 
 +> bucket on the floor caught the slow drip through an imperfectly repaired
 +crack in the ceiling.
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-08) ===
 +
 +Ziedon frowns, "If you moved them, then why so many guards for an
 +empty show room?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, with a wave of his hand, "No matter, I plan on leaving
 +town soon, it's just gotten too crazy here, and want to convert my
 +wares to a type of stone that I know I can get a good price for in
 +Huerton."​
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "What do you have in onyx?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 8, 2013, at 7:58 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> The jeweler looked at the door, then at the stones in Ziedon'​s hand. "​Yes,"​
 +> he said warily. "I had to move them, of course."​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-04-08) ===
 +Kreemon continues towards the shadow, using his peripheral vision, reaching out to it with his hand and other senses to embrace it.
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 7:50 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +There it was again. A shadow, or an outline of a shadow, or... something. Something was there, until he looked directly at it. Then it was gone.
 + 
 +Kreemon avoided looking directly at the strange presence, and instead used his peripheral vision to try to determine what he was seeing. He moved towards it sideways. He also listened intently and breathed deeply through his nose to see if any of his other senses can determine anything. He did smell something, and there was a sound too, though he couldn'​t identify it. His ears tingled like it was more touch than sound.
 + 
 +The vague, shadowy form resisted, just a bit. It was cold, and sharp, though not painfully so.
 + 
 + 
 + 
 +From:​Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 1:54 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 + 
 +OOC: Is the shadow in the room with him?  Or outside?
 + 
 +IC: Kreemon avoids looking directly at the strange presence, and instead uses his periphal vision to try to determine what it is and what he is seeing.
 + 
 +Kreemon will move towards it, moving sideways, so he is still using his periphal vision to get a closer look.
 + 
 +Kreemon also listens intently and breathes deeply through his nose to see if any of his other senses can determine anything.
 + 
 +From:Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 12:31 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 + 
 +There it was again. A shadow, or an outline of a shadow, or... something. Something was there, until he looked directly at it. Then it was gone.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-04-13) ===
 +He was no longer in his room. He saw the room out of the corner of his eye,
 +but he was in another place entirely, and there was a path -- not the clear
 +trail that would ordinarily be described that way, but a path nonetheless.
 +He knew which way it went. Down the stairs, across the ice -- no need to
 +exit the building -- and he would be farther away than such a trail could
 +possibly lead him. Was this the Path the Zahiran had spoken about?
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 10:21 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon continues towards the shadow, using his peripheral vision, reaching
 +out to it with his hand and other senses to embrace it.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 7:50 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +There it was again. A shadow, or an outline of a shadow, or... something.
 +Something was there, until he looked directly at it. Then it was gone.
 +
 +Kreemon avoided looking directly at the strange presence, and instead used
 +his peripheral vision to try to determine what he was seeing. He moved
 +towards it sideways. He also listened intently and breathed deeply through
 +his nose to see if any of his other senses can determine anything. He did
 +smell something, and there was a sound too, though he couldn'​t identify it.
 +His ears tingled like it was more touch than sound.
 +
 +The vague, shadowy form resisted, just a bit. It was cold, and sharp, though
 +not painfully so.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 1:54 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: Is the shadow in the room with him?  Or outside?
 +
 +IC: Kreemon avoids looking directly at the strange presence, and instead
 +uses his periphal vision to try to determine what it is and what he is
 +seeing.
 +
 +Kreemon will move towards it, moving sideways, so he is still using his
 +periphal vision to get a closer look.
 +
 +Kreemon also listens intently and breathes deeply through his nose to see if
 +any of his other senses can determine anything.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 12:31 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +There it was again. A shadow, or an outline of a shadow, or... something.
 +Something was there, until he looked directly at it. Then it was gone.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-13) ===
 +
 +Ziedon frowned. "If you moved them, then why so many guards for an empty
 +show room?"
 +
 +"The sorcerer targeted jewelers, you must know. And there have been looters,
 +taking advantage of the ice damage."​
 +
 +Ziedon said, with a wave of his hand, "No matter, I plan on leaving town
 +soon, it's just gotten too crazy here, and want to convert my wares to a
 +type of stone that I know I can get a good price for in Huerton. What do you
 +have in onyx?"
 +
 +"Onyx? That has become a popular stone of late. But I was given the
 +impression that you were selling."​
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 9:19 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon frowns, "If you moved them, then why so many guards for an empty show
 +room?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon says, with a wave of his hand, "No matter, I plan on leaving town
 +soon, it's just gotten too crazy here, and want to convert my wares to a
 +type of stone that I know I can get a good price for in Huerton."​
 +
 +Ziedon asks, "What do you have in onyx?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 8, 2013, at 7:58 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> The jeweler looked at the door, then at the stones in Ziedon'​s hand.
 +"​Yes,"​
 +> he said warily. "I had to move them, of course."​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-13) ===
 +
 +Ziedon frowns, "​Someone else is buying up onyx?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon'​s smile returns as he shows some of his gems and jewelry, "I
 +would like to sell you my stock in exchange for onyx stones, of which
 +I know I can unload in another market. ​ What do you have available?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 13, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "Onyx? That has become a popular stone of late. But I was given the
 +> impression that you were selling."​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-04-13) ===
 +Kreemon keeps his gaze averted and follows the Path, his senses stretched out before him.
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:49 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +He was no longer in his room. He saw the room out of the corner of his eye, but he was in another place entirely, and there was a path -- not the clear trail that would ordinarily be described that way, but a path nonetheless. He knew which way it went. Down the stairs, across the ice -- no need to exit the building -- and he would be farther away than such a trail could possibly lead him. Was this the Path the Zahiran had spoken about?
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-14) ===
 +
 +The jeweler'​s eyes went wide. "Of course. I'm happy to trade,"​ he said,
 +grinning nervously. "​Just... I should let in some fresh air. It's a bit
 +stuffy."​ The jeweler walked to the front door and opened it. "Ah. Much
 +better. Just wait a moment and I'll bring out my stock. I have to go around
 +back to get it."
 +
 +OOC: I'll continue if Ziedon waits for his return.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:24 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon frowns, "​Someone else is buying up onyx?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Ziedon'​s smile returns as he shows some of his gems and jewelry, "I would
 +like to sell you my stock in exchange for onyx stones, of which I know I can
 +unload in another market. ​ What do you have available?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 13, 2013, at 7:52 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "Onyx? That has become a popular stone of late. But I was given the 
 +> impression that you were selling."​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-04-14) ===
 +Kreemon kept his gaze averted and followed the Path. For once, he actually
 +felt what he wanted to feel. His senses stretched out before him, describing
 +the path the way a dog's nose would. Before he arrived, he realized where he
 +was going -- a nondescript place near the west wall of town. He stepped out
 +and fell knee-deep into a pile of loose ice. This Path had not gone anywhere
 +interesting,​ but a slew of other Paths stretched out in all directions.
 +Kreemon saw the world differently. Places were connected which hadn't been
 +before. It would take some practice to use them effectively.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:15 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon keeps his gaze averted and follows the Path, his senses stretched
 +out before him.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:49 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +He was no longer in his room. He saw the room out of the corner of his eye,
 +but he was in another place entirely, and there was a path -- not the clear
 +trail that would ordinarily be described that way, but a path nonetheless.
 +He knew which way it went. Down the stairs, across the ice -- no need to
 +exit the building -- and he would be farther away than such a trail could
 +possibly lead him. Was this the Path the Zahiran had spoken about?
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-14) ===
 +
 +Ziedon'​s eyes narrow as he steps slightly in the way to block the
 +merchant, "​Let'​s leave it closed, for security'​s sake, eh?  I have my
 +own wares to be concerned about."​
 +
 +Ziedon'​s hands move with the gems in them, "​Perhaps you should show me
 +your onyx stock and then spend the next 6 hours gathering as much onyx
 +as you can from other jewelers for cut-rate sale to me. Yes?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon is casting Suggestion and will continue through the spell
 +without stopping.
 +
 +Ziedon says, "​Excellent,​ if you wouldn'​t mind getting your stock for
 +my review, we can begin."​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon is now wary of some sort of double cross, preparing spells
 +for fight or flight.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 14, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> The jeweler'​s eyes went wide. "Of course. I'm happy to trade,"​ he said,
 +> grinning nervously. "​Just... I should let in some fresh air. It's a bit
 +> stuffy."​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-04-14) ===
 +Kreemon drops to his knees, tears coming to his eyes, "So beautiful.."<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon expands his senses, taking in the presence of the Paths, running his awareness down the various Paths, seeing where the closest ones lead and how they are connected.<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon stays in his kneeing position, in a light trance, as he examines the Paths, determining which are "​faster"​ (run you back in time), which are "​slower"​ (run you forward in time); and for now Paths to Huerton, Dunweig, and to the small river village; and whether he can detect the presence of any other Travelers/​Zahirans.<​br/><​br/>​OOC:​ Cool!<​br/><​br/>​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Ziedon, 2013-04-14) ===
 +OOC: Wait, we can go back in time, before Galgewe died?  And then can find
 +where the necklace is?
 +
 +Or go back several years and steal tons of onyx and then bury them where
 +they can dig them up in the present?
 +
 +Or go back to when Ziedon'​s Master was younger and take him out?
 +
 +Wait!! ​ Go back further and find the Mage city and Mage troves?
 +
 +The possibilities are endless. :)
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 14, 2013, at 2:07 PM, Kreemon <​kreemon@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +Kreemon drops to his knees, tears coming to his eyes, "So beautiful.."​
 +
 +Kreemon expands his senses, taking in the presence of the Paths, running
 +his awareness down the various Paths, seeing where the closest ones lead
 +and how they are connected.
 +
 +Kreemon stays in his kneeing position, in a light trance, as he examines
 +the Paths, determining which are "​faster"​ (run you back in time), which are
 +"​slower"​ (run you forward in time); and for now Paths to Huerton, Dunweig,
 +and to the small river village; and whether he can detect the presence of
 +any other Travelers/​Zahirans.
 +
 +OOC: Cool!
 +
 +------------------------------
 +* From: * Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>;​
 +* To: * Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>;​
 +* Subject: * RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +* Sent: * Sun, Apr 14, 2013 4:14:44 PM
 +
 +Kreemon kept his gaze averted and followed the Path. For once, he
 +actually felt what he wanted to feel. His senses stretched out before him,
 +describing the path the way a dog's nose would. Before he arrived, he
 +realized where he was going -- a nondescript place near the west wall of
 +town. He stepped out and fell knee-deep into a pile of loose ice. This Path
 +had not gone anywhere interesting,​ but a slew of other Paths stretched out
 +in all directions. Kreemon saw the world differently. Places were connected
 +which hadn't been before. It would take some practice to use them
 +effectively.
 +
 +*From:* Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​kreemon@zioth.com>​]
 +*Sent:* Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:15 PM
 +*To:* Zioth Group 1
 +*Subject:* Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon keeps his gaze averted and follows the Path, his senses stretched
 +out before him.
 +
 +*From:* Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>>​
 +*To:* Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>>​
 +*Sent:* Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:49 PM
 +*Subject:* RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +He was no longer in his room. He saw the room out of the corner of his eye,
 +but he was in another place entirely, and there was a path -- not the clear
 +trail that would ordinarily be described that way, but a path nonetheless.
 +He knew which way it went. Down the stairs, across the ice -- no need to
 +exit the building -- and he would be farther away than such a trail could
 +possibly lead him. Was this the Path the Zahiran had spoken about?
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-15) ===
 +
 +OOC: The Suggestion spell includes a verbal component other than the
 +suggestion itself, and the somatic component (hand motions) are not the
 +ordinary things one does with ones' hands. I'm just making sure your intent
 +was to cast an obvious spell while standing between the merchant and two
 +guards. :)
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:28 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon'​s eyes narrow as he steps slightly in the way to block the merchant,
 +"​Let'​s leave it closed, for security'​s sake, eh?  I have my own wares to be
 +concerned about."​
 +
 +Ziedon'​s hands move with the gems in them, "​Perhaps you should show me your
 +onyx stock and then spend the next 6 hours gathering as much onyx as you can
 +from other jewelers for cut-rate sale to me. Yes?"
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon is casting Suggestion and will continue through the spell
 +without stopping.
 +
 +Ziedon says, "​Excellent,​ if you wouldn'​t mind getting your stock for my
 +review, we can begin."​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon is now wary of some sort of double cross, preparing spells for
 +fight or flight.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 14, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> The jeweler'​s eyes went wide. "Of course. I'm happy to trade,"​ he 
 +> said, grinning nervously. "​Just... I should let in some fresh air. 
 +> It's a bit stuffy."​
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-15) ===
 +
 +I thought the Suggestion itself was the verbal component; based on the
 +spell description.
 +
 +Ziedon was waggling his hands around before in an attempt to
 +"​condition"​ them  to the eventual spell.
 +
 +Which would not make it quite so obvious.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 15, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> OOC: The Suggestion spell includes a verbal component other than the
 +> suggestion itself, and the somatic component (hand motions) are not the
 +> ordinary things one does with ones' hands. I'm just making sure your intent
 +> was to cast an obvious spell while standing between the merchant and two
 +> guards. :)
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:28 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> Ziedon'​s eyes narrow as he steps slightly in the way to block the merchant,
 +> "​Let'​s leave it closed, for security'​s sake, eh?  I have my own wares to be
 +> concerned about."​
 +>
 +> Ziedon'​s hands move with the gems in them, "​Perhaps you should show me your
 +> onyx stock and then spend the next 6 hours gathering as much onyx as you can
 +> from other jewelers for cut-rate sale to me. Yes?"
 +>
 +> <?>
 +>
 +> OOC: Ziedon is casting Suggestion and will continue through the spell
 +> without stopping.
 +>
 +> Ziedon says, "​Excellent,​ if you wouldn'​t mind getting your stock for my
 +> review, we can begin."​
 +>
 +> <?>
 +>
 +> OOC: Ziedon is now wary of some sort of double cross, preparing spells for
 +> fight or flight.
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Apr 14, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> The jeweler'​s eyes went wide. "Of course. I'm happy to trade,"​ he
 +>> said, grinning nervously. "​Just... I should let in some fresh air.
 +>> It's a bit stuffy."​
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-15) ===
 +
 +His previous hand-waving could help, but Suggestion has a verbal component,
 +which generally means magic words.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 8:58 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +I thought the Suggestion itself was the verbal component; based on the spell
 +description.
 +
 +Ziedon was waggling his hands around before in an attempt to "​condition"​
 +them  to the eventual spell.
 +
 +Which would not make it quite so obvious.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 15, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> OOC: The Suggestion spell includes a verbal component other than the 
 +> suggestion itself, and the somatic component (hand motions) are not 
 +> the ordinary things one does with ones' hands. I'm just making sure 
 +> your intent was to cast an obvious spell while standing between the 
 +> merchant and two guards. :)
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:28 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> Ziedon'​s eyes narrow as he steps slightly in the way to block the 
 +> merchant, "​Let'​s leave it closed, for security'​s sake, eh?  I have my 
 +> own wares to be concerned about."​
 +>
 +> Ziedon'​s hands move with the gems in them, "​Perhaps you should show me 
 +> your onyx stock and then spend the next 6 hours gathering as much onyx 
 +> as you can from other jewelers for cut-rate sale to me. Yes?"
 +>
 +> <?>
 +>
 +> OOC: Ziedon is casting Suggestion and will continue through the spell 
 +> without stopping.
 +>
 +> Ziedon says, "​Excellent,​ if you wouldn'​t mind getting your stock for 
 +> my review, we can begin."​
 +>
 +> <?>
 +>
 +> OOC: Ziedon is now wary of some sort of double cross, preparing spells ​
 +> for fight or flight.
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Apr 14, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> The jeweler'​s eyes went wide. "Of course. I'm happy to trade,"​ he 
 +>> said, grinning nervously. "​Just... I should let in some fresh air.
 +>> It's a bit stuffy."​
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-15) ===
 +
 +Hmm, then, Ziedon will still block the way to the door and ask about the wares.
 +
 +Once the merchant leaves to get the wares, Ziedon continues his hand
 +waving, moving some stones through the air and muttering to himself,
 +"How does that song go?" And starts muttering the spell low, under his
 +breathe, finalizing and releasing the magic when the merchant returns.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 15, 2013, at 8:01 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> His previous hand-waving could help, but Suggestion has a verbal component,
 +> which generally means magic words.
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 8:58 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> I thought the Suggestion itself was the verbal component; based on the spell
 +> description.
 +>
 +> Ziedon was waggling his hands around before in an attempt to "​condition"​
 +> them  to the eventual spell.
 +>
 +> Which would not make it quite so obvious.
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Apr 15, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> OOC: The Suggestion spell includes a verbal component other than the
 +>> suggestion itself, and the somatic component (hand motions) are not
 +>> the ordinary things one does with ones' hands. I'm just making sure
 +>> your intent was to cast an obvious spell while standing between the
 +>> merchant and two guards. :)
 +>>
 +>>
 +>> -----Original Message-----
 +>> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +>> Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:28 PM
 +>> To: Zioth Group 1
 +>> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon'​s eyes narrow as he steps slightly in the way to block the
 +>> merchant, "​Let'​s leave it closed, for security'​s sake, eh?  I have my
 +>> own wares to be concerned about."​
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon'​s hands move with the gems in them, "​Perhaps you should show me
 +>> your onyx stock and then spend the next 6 hours gathering as much onyx
 +>> as you can from other jewelers for cut-rate sale to me. Yes?"
 +>>
 +>> <?>
 +>>
 +>> OOC: Ziedon is casting Suggestion and will continue through the spell
 +>> without stopping.
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon says, "​Excellent,​ if you wouldn'​t mind getting your stock for
 +>> my review, we can begin."​
 +>>
 +>> <?>
 +>>
 +>> OOC: Ziedon is now wary of some sort of double cross, preparing spells
 +>> for fight or flight.
 +>>
 +>> Sent from my iPhone
 +>>
 +>> On Apr 14, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>>
 +>>>​ The jeweler'​s eyes went wide. "Of course. I'm happy to trade,"​ he
 +>>>​ said, grinning nervously. "​Just... I should let in some fresh air.
 +>>>​ It's a bit stuffy."​
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-16) ===
 +
 +Sorry if I'm getting in the way of creativity here, but that's not quite how
 +it works either. The spell takes a certain amount of time to cast. I'm not
 +going to say it has to be exact, but it would be very difficult for Ziedon
 +to time it so it finished when the merchant arrived. Also, the words of the
 +spell, especially in close quarters, will be clearly audible. The guards
 +won't know what you're saying, but they will know that you're saying some
 +crazy made-up words.
 +
 +From the Player'​s Handbook, page 174:
 +A verbal component is a spoken incantation. To provide a verbal component,
 +you must be able to speak in a strong voice...
 +A somatic component is a measured and practiced movement of the hand. You
 +must have at least one hand free to provide a somatic component.
 +
 +The "​song"​ trick certainly might work, but I'll wait for one more
 +confirmation before I write my real response.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 10:06 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Hmm, then, Ziedon will still block the way to the door and ask about the
 +wares.
 +
 +Once the merchant leaves to get the wares, Ziedon continues his hand waving,
 +moving some stones through the air and muttering to himself, "How does that
 +song go?" And starts muttering the spell low, under his breathe, finalizing
 +and releasing the magic when the merchant returns.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 15, 2013, at 8:01 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> His previous hand-waving could help, but Suggestion has a verbal ​
 +> component, which generally means magic words.
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 8:58 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> I thought the Suggestion itself was the verbal component; based on the 
 +> spell description.
 +>
 +> Ziedon was waggling his hands around before in an attempt to "​condition"​
 +> them  to the eventual spell.
 +>
 +> Which would not make it quite so obvious.
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Apr 15, 2013, at 7:46 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> OOC: The Suggestion spell includes a verbal component other than the 
 +>> suggestion itself, and the somatic component (hand motions) are not 
 +>> the ordinary things one does with ones' hands. I'm just making sure 
 +>> your intent was to cast an obvious spell while standing between the 
 +>> merchant and two guards. :)
 +>>
 +>>
 +>> -----Original Message-----
 +>> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +>> Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:28 PM
 +>> To: Zioth Group 1
 +>> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon'​s eyes narrow as he steps slightly in the way to block the 
 +>> merchant, "​Let'​s leave it closed, for security'​s sake, eh?  I have my 
 +>> own wares to be concerned about."​
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon'​s hands move with the gems in them, "​Perhaps you should show 
 +>> me your onyx stock and then spend the next 6 hours gathering as much 
 +>> onyx as you can from other jewelers for cut-rate sale to me. Yes?"
 +>>
 +>> <?>
 +>>
 +>> OOC: Ziedon is casting Suggestion and will continue through the spell 
 +>> without stopping.
 +>>
 +>> Ziedon says, "​Excellent,​ if you wouldn'​t mind getting your stock for 
 +>> my review, we can begin."​
 +>>
 +>> <?>
 +>>
 +>> OOC: Ziedon is now wary of some sort of double cross, preparing ​
 +>> spells for fight or flight.
 +>>
 +>> Sent from my iPhone
 +>>
 +>> On Apr 14, 2013, at 11:09 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>>
 +>>>​ The jeweler'​s eyes went wide. "Of course. I'm happy to trade,"​ he 
 +>>>​ said, grinning nervously. "​Just... I should let in some fresh air.
 +>>>​ It's a bit stuffy."​
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-16) ===
 +OOC: Okay how about then..
 +
 +As the merchant heads in to the back Ziedon mutters to himself, "How did
 +that song go?" and then begins to chant words in the old language as his
 +hands dance in front of him as if conducting an orchestra, "No, that isn't
 +it.." and starts anew.
 +
 +Once Ziedon hears the merchant beginning to return, he transitions into his
 +actual spell chanting, completing the spell as the merchant returns to the
 +room, "Ah, excellent, perhaps you should sell me your stock at a cut-rate
 +and then spend the next six hours gathering as much onyx you can from your
 +fellow jewelers for further cut-rate sale to me.  Yes?"
 +
 +OOC: He was able to do so with the Charm Spell, so this should be
 +workable? ​ Yes? Hopefully.. ;)
 +
 +On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> Sorry if I'm getting in the way of creativity here, but that's not quite
 +> how
 +> it works either. The spell takes a certain amount of time to cast. I'm not
 +> going to say it has to be exact, but it would be very difficult for Ziedon
 +> to time it so it finished when the merchant arrived. Also, the words of the
 +> spell, especially in close quarters, will be clearly audible. The guards
 +> won't know what you're saying, but they will know that you're saying some
 +> crazy made-up words.
 +>
 +> From the Player'​s Handbook, page 174:
 +> A verbal component is a spoken incantation. To provide a verbal component,
 +> you must be able to speak in a strong voice...
 +> A somatic component is a measured and practiced movement of the hand. You
 +> must have at least one hand free to provide a somatic component.
 +>
 +> The "​song"​ trick certainly might work, but I'll wait for one more
 +> confirmation before I write my real response.
 +>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-20) ===
 +
 +OOC: How are we doing time-wise from the other group?
 +
 +If Ziedon can get his spell to work, he'll go back and sleep/​regain
 +spells and then return to the jeweler to see what he was able to get.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-04-21) ===
 +Kreemon dropped to his knees, tears coming to his eyes. "So beautiful.."​ He
 +tried to expand his senses, taking in everything he was feeling. There were
 +many Paths to many places, some so wide he couldn'​t understand having missed
 +them before, and some as narrow as a tightrope, requiring the most precise
 +steps to avoid falling off the Path. The widest, clearest paths led to
 +nearby places, within a few hundred feet mostly. Kreemon believed he could
 +move between them with just a short walk. Others were more difficult,
 +winding, or steeply sloped. Of course, those were half-metaphors. Most of
 +the difficulty wasn't physical.
 +
 +The Zahiran had sent Kreemon and Ziedon into the past. Somehow, on their
 +journey to Maelbourg, they had reversed the flow of time. Kreemon just
 +didn't have enough experience to know how to recognize Paths of that sort.
 +They were probably the narrowest, most winding ones, but even that was just
 +a guess.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2013 3:07 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon drops to his knees, tears coming to his eyes, "So beautiful.."​
 +
 +Kreemon expands his senses, taking in the presence of the Paths, running his
 +awareness down the various Paths, seeing where the closest ones lead and how
 +they are connected.
 +
 +Kreemon stays in his kneeing position, in a light trance, as he examines the
 +Paths, determining which are "​faster"​ (run you back in time), which are
 +"​slower"​ (run you forward in time); and for now Paths to Huerton, Dunweig,
 +and to the small river village; and whether he can detect the presence of
 +any other Travelers/​Zahirans.
 +
 +OOC: Cool!
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, Apr 14, 2013 4:14:44 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon kept his gaze averted and followed the Path. For once, he actually
 +felt what he wanted to feel. His senses stretched out before him, describing
 +the path the way a dog's nose would. Before he arrived, he realized where he
 +was going -- a nondescript place near the west wall of town. He stepped out
 +and fell knee-deep into a pile of loose ice. This Path had not gone anywhere
 +interesting,​ but a slew of other Paths stretched out in all directions.
 +Kreemon saw the world differently. Places were connected which hadn't been
 +before. It would take some practice to use them effectively.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:15 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon keeps his gaze averted and follows the Path, his senses stretched
 +out before him.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ > 
 +Sent: Saturday, April 13, 2013 7:49 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +He was no longer in his room. He saw the room out of the corner of his eye,
 +but he was in another place entirely, and there was a path -- not the clear
 +trail that would ordinarily be described that way, but a path nonetheless.
 +He knew which way it went. Down the stairs, across the ice -- no need to
 +exit the building -- and he would be farther away than such a trail could
 +possibly lead him. Was this the Path the Zahiran had spoken about?
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-21) ===
 +
 +There isn't currently a time issue, and probably won't be for a long time.
 +I've just been slow lately, for various real-life reasons, and running two
 +or three groups makes it that much slower.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:43 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +OOC: How are we doing time-wise from the other group?
 +
 +If Ziedon can get his spell to work, he'll go back and sleep/​regain spells
 +and then return to the jeweler to see what he was able to get.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Ziedon, 2013-04-21) ===
 +
 +OOC: Korisca, not Ziedon. ;)
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 21, 2013, at 8:07 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> The Zahiran had sent Kreemon and Ziedon into the past. Somehow, on their journey to Maelbourg, they had reversed the flow of time.
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-22) ===
 +
 +I hope everything is going well for you, take the time you need.  I'll
 +be here. :)
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 21, 2013, at 8:20 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> I've just been slow lately, for various real-life reasons, and running two
 +> or three groups makes it that much slower.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-22) ===
 +
 +Everything'​s fine. Just busy with various things and often too tired to be
 +creative because if it. I guess I could avoid the creativity problem by
 +putting you in a very simple maze.
 +
 +Ziedon: I go left.
 +DM: There are passages to your left and right.
 +Ziedon: I go left.
 +DM: There'​s a tunnel up ahead.
 +Ziedon: I go straight.
 +
 +If we take a day for each response, that could cover a good six months. Or I
 +could get you into an intense game of checkers, roleplayed move by move. I
 +bet we could stretch that out for a year or more.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 7:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +I hope everything is going well for you, take the time you need.  I'll be
 +here. :)
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 21, 2013, at 8:20 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> I've just been slow lately, for various real-life reasons, and running ​
 +> two or three groups makes it that much slower.
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-22) ===
 +Well, I could always handle the creativity piece but you would be stuck
 +with whatever I came up with.. ;)
 +
 +IC:
 +Ziedon climbs to the top of the House as the storm rages, holding the
 +magical augmentation rod that he had found in the catacombs. ​ The lightning
 +strikes, drawn to the rod that Ziedon carries and sends the raw energy
 +coursing through Ziedon'​s body.
 +
 +Ziedon'​s consciousness expands, as the raw power crushes barriers and
 +charges Ziedon'​s mind and body.  Ziedon screams inwardly as he goes through
 +millennia of evolution in a blink of an eye.
 +
 +As the wave of energy passes, Ziedon opens his eyes but it takes a moment
 +for him to process what he now sees--levels of energy and connectedness
 +between things. ​ Looking down at the House, Ziedon sees how eveything is
 +connected and wills a change. ​ A large hole appears in the ceiling, causing
 +the priests inside to gasp and look up to see Ziedon looking down at them.
 +
 +With an evil grin, Ziedon says, his voice amplified to reach all in the
 +chamber below, "You have woken a God!" ​ Concentrating,​ Ziedon displaces
 +himself and reappears back in his quarters..
 +
 +OOC: Molecular control, which can duplicate spell effects (Like Molecule
 +Man in Marvel Comics) ​ Perhaps that is what the Zioth energy will do to
 +Ziedon.. ;)
 +
 +On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 6:53 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> Everything'​s fine. Just busy with various things and often too tired to be
 +> creative because if it. I guess I could avoid the creativity problem by
 +> putting you in a very simple maze.
 +>
 +> Ziedon: I go left.
 +> DM: There are passages to your left and right.
 +> Ziedon: I go left.
 +> DM: There'​s a tunnel up ahead.
 +> Ziedon: I go straight.
 +>
 +> If we take a day for each response, that could cover a good six months. Or
 +> I
 +> could get you into an intense game of checkers, roleplayed move by move. I
 +> bet we could stretch that out for a year or more.
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 7:37 AM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> I hope everything is going well for you, take the time you need.  I'll be
 +> here. :)
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On Apr 21, 2013, at 8:20 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +> > I've just been slow lately, for various real-life reasons, and running
 +> > two or three groups makes it that much slower.
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-22) ===
 +The jeweler'​s eyes went wide. "Of course. I'm happy to trade,"​ he said,
 +grinning nervously. "​Just... I should let in some fresh air. It's a bit
 +stuffy."​
 +
 +Ziedon'​s eyes narrowed as he stepped into the merchant'​s path. "​Let'​s leave
 +it closed, for security'​s sake, eh? I have my own wares to be concerned
 +about."​
 +
 +"I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside. I'll have
 +to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to the front door and
 +opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and I'll bring out my stock.
 +I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +
 +While waiting for the merchant, Ziedon muttered, "How did that song go?" and
 +then began to chant words in the old language as his hands danced in front
 +of him as if conducting an orchestra, "No, that isn't it," he said, and
 +started anew. The two guards looked confused, then nervous, but did nothing
 +to stop him. Neither did the two outside, who could hear but not see him
 +through the open door. When the merchant returned, Ziedon would get him to
 +sell his stock cheaply, and then set him to finding more. Soon, Ziedon would
 +have an army.
 +
 +There were footsteps outside. Ziedon transitioned his song and dance into an
 +actual spell, before he realized there were multiple sets of footsteps.
 +
 +OOC: You're welcome to cast Suggestion as you planned, or switch to a
 +different spell.
 +
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:59 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +OOC: Okay how about then..
 +
 +As the merchant heads in to the back Ziedon mutters to himself, "How did
 +that song go?" and then begins to chant words in the old language as his
 +hands dance in front of him as if conducting an orchestra, "No, that isn't
 +it.." and starts anew.
 +
 +Once Ziedon hears the merchant beginning to return, he transitions into his
 +actual spell chanting, completing the spell as the merchant returns to the
 +room, "Ah, excellent, perhaps you should sell me your stock at a cut-rate
 +and then spend the next six hours gathering as much onyx you can from your
 +fellow jewelers for further cut-rate sale to me.  Yes?" ​
 +
 +OOC: He was able to do so with the Charm Spell, so this should be workable?
 +Yes? Hopefully.. ;)
 +
 +On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 7:08 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com
 +<​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ > wrote:
 +
 +Sorry if I'm getting in the way of creativity here, but that's not quite how
 +it works either. The spell takes a certain amount of time to cast. I'm not
 +going to say it has to be exact, but it would be very difficult for Ziedon
 +to time it so it finished when the merchant arrived. Also, the words of the
 +spell, especially in close quarters, will be clearly audible. The guards
 +won't know what you're saying, but they will know that you're saying some
 +crazy made-up words.
 +
 +From the Player'​s Handbook, page 174:
 +A verbal component is a spoken incantation. To provide a verbal component,
 +you must be able to speak in a strong voice...
 +A somatic component is a measured and practiced movement of the hand. You
 +must have at least one hand free to provide a somatic component.
 +
 +The "​song"​ trick certainly might work, but I'll wait for one more
 +confirmation before I write my real response.
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-22) ===
 +
 +OOC: This stinks too badly of an ambush, there is no way that a
 +merchant would go outside to bring wares in, instead of bringing them
 +through the building itself.
 +
 +It makes no sense, the wares would be inside, not outside.
 +
 +If the merchant was insistent on opening the door, Ziedon would leave
 +at this point.
 +
 +Can we alter things?
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 22, 2013, at 8:08 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside. I'll h=
 +ave to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to the front doo=
 +r and opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and I'll bring out my=
 +
 +stock. I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-04-22) ===
 +
 +Sure. Does Ziedon say or do anything special, or just walk out after the
 +merchant leaves?
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 9:44 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +OOC: This stinks too badly of an ambush, there is no way that a merchant
 +would go outside to bring wares in, instead of bringing them through the
 +building itself.
 +
 +It makes no sense, the wares would be inside, not outside.
 +
 +If the merchant was insistent on opening the door, Ziedon would leave at
 +this point.
 +
 +Can we alter things?
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On Apr 22, 2013, at 8:08 PM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside. I'll
 +have to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to the front
 +door and opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and I'll bring out
 +my stock. I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-04-22) ===
 +
 +> "I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside. ​
 +> I'll
 +have to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to the front
 +door and opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and I'll bring out
 +my stock. I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +
 +Ziedon frowns at the disappearing merchant, "​Perhaps I was overhasty with my
 +choice,"​ and also walks out of the house.
 +
 +Ziedon pauses as he asks the younger guard, "Any idea where the merchant is
 +headed?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +OOC: Where did the merchant go?  Around the corner/etc?
 +
 +MAJ Alex Corbin
 +Chief of Intelligence,​ G2
 +US Army Sustainment Command
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-04-23) ===
 +Kreemon checks to see if there are any paths that lead outside of the dome, and if so, attempts to travel one that will take him just outside of the dome itself to determine whether the paths can break through the dome.  If it appears he can't make it through the dome, even on the path, he stops trying.
 + 
 +Kreemon also focuses on each of the individual paths around him, extending his senses along the path, to determine where (and maybe when) the end of the path lies.
 + 
 +OOC: I figure there has to be a way to know where the path leads, other than experimentation.  Any paths leading into the House itself?
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:07 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon dropped to his knees, tears coming to his eyes. "So beautiful.."​ He tried to expand his senses, taking in everything he was feeling. There were many Paths to many places, some so wide he couldn'​t understand having missed them before, and some as narrow as a tightrope, requiring the most precise steps to avoid falling off the Path. The widest, clearest paths led to nearby places, within a few hundred feet mostly. Kreemon believed he could move between them with just a short walk. Others were more difficult, winding, or steeply sloped. Of course, those were half-metaphors. Most of the difficulty wasn't physical.
 + 
 +The Zahiran had sent Kreemon and Ziedon into the past. Somehow, on their journey to Maelbourg, they had reversed the flow of time. Kreemon just didn't have enough experience to know how to recognize Paths of that sort. They were probably the narrowest, most winding ones, but even that was just a guess.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-04-28) ===
 +Were there any paths that led outside the dome? It was hard to tell, but
 +maybe he wasn't close enough. It would take time and practice to identify
 +every path, but once he could, the possibilities would be endless. For now,
 +he stuck with those he could understand. He focused on each of the
 +individual paths around him, extending his senses along the path, to
 +determine where (and maybe when) the end of the path lay. There was a finite
 +number of them, as best he could tell; they didn't go //​everywhere//,​ but
 +the shorter they were, the more numerous. With a little practice, Kreemon
 +thought he could go almost anywhere within twenty yards or so. At greater
 +distances, he could guess where a few ended. The dark basement of a house,
 +the inside of a wall (could he survive such a trip?), the ice here and
 +there. There had to be a way to tell one Path from another. What was the
 +difference between one place and another? How could Kreemon match a Path to
 +a known place?
 +
 +OOC: Part of this might be stuff Kreemon can figure out through practice and
 +experimentation. Other parts will be improvements as Kreemon goes up in
 +level.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:05 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon checks to see if there are any paths that lead outside of the dome,
 +and if so, attempts to travel one that will take him just outside of the
 +dome itself to determine whether the paths can break through the dome.  If
 +it appears he can't make it through the dome, even on the path, he stops
 +trying.
 +
 +Kreemon also focuses on each of the individual paths around him, extending
 +his senses along the path, to determine where (and maybe when) the end of
 +the path lies.
 +
 +OOC: I figure there has to be a way to know where the path leads, other than
 +experimentation. ​ Any paths leading into the House itself?
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 8:07 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon dropped to his knees, tears coming to his eyes. "So beautiful.."​ He
 +tried to expand his senses, taking in everything he was feeling. There were
 +many Paths to many places, some so wide he couldn'​t understand having missed
 +them before, and some as narrow as a tightrope, requiring the most precise
 +steps to avoid falling off the Path. The widest, clearest paths led to
 +nearby places, within a few hundred feet mostly. Kreemon believed he could
 +move between them with just a short walk. Others were more difficult,
 +winding, or steeply sloped. Of course, those were half-metaphors. Most of
 +the difficulty wasn't physical.
 +
 +The Zahiran had sent Kreemon and Ziedon into the past. Somehow, on their
 +journey to Maelbourg, they had reversed the flow of time. Kreemon just
 +didn't have enough experience to know how to recognize Paths of that sort.
 +They were probably the narrowest, most winding ones, but even that was just
 +a guess.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-04-28) ===
 +Kreemon picks up a piece of ice and tries to throw it down the path that leads to the inside of a wall and watches what happens.
 + 
 +Afterwards, still in a slight daze, Kreemon takes a walk through the city, towards the House.  Along the way, Kreemon notes the Paths he see's, letting his conscious run down the lines.
 + 
 +Once we gets to the House, Kreemon circles around it, looking at the Paths and seeing where they lead within the House itself.
 + 
 +OOC: The ones that he thinks go forward/​backward in time, are there any of those paths in the short version as well?  Where Kreemon can travel 10 yards away but to some point in the past?
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:02 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Were there any paths that led outside the dome? It was hard to tell, but maybe he wasn't close enough. It would take time and practice to identify every path, but once he could, the possibilities would be endless. For now, he stuck with those he could understand. He focused on each of the individual paths around him, extending his senses along the path, to determine where (and maybe when) the end of the path lay. There was a finite number of them, as best he could tell; they didn't go //​everywhere//,​ but the shorter they were, the more numerous. With a little practice, Kreemon thought he could go almost anywhere within twenty yards or so. At greater distances, he could guess where a few ended. The dark basement of a house, the inside of a wall (could he survive such a trip?), the ice here and there. There had to be a way to tell one Path from another. What was the difference between one place and another? How could Kreemon match a Path to a known place?
 + 
 +OOC: Part of this might be stuff Kreemon can figure out through practice and experimentation. Other parts will be improvements as Kreemon goes up in level.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-05-07) ===
 +
 +"I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside. I'll have
 +to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to the front door and
 +opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and I'll bring out my stock.
 +I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +
 +Ziedon frowned at the merchant disappearing to the left. "​Perhaps I was
 +overhasty with my choice,"​ he said, and also walked out of the house. One of
 +the guards almost made a move to stop him, but he seemed as confused about
 +the merchant'​s actions as Ziedon was. Instead, he followed Ziedon and looked
 +out.
 +
 +Ziedon paused outside the door, and asked the enchanted guard, "Any idea
 +where the merchant is headed?"​
 +
 +The man glanced in the way the merchant had gone. "​Don'​t know. That way, I
 +guess."​ He wasn't pointing to the back of the house, but rather, up the
 +street. For his answer, he got a smack on the side of his head. "Shut your
 +trap," the other guard said.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 10:45 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +> "I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside. ​
 +> I'll
 +have to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to the front
 +door and opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and I'll bring out
 +my stock. I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +
 +Ziedon frowns at the disappearing merchant, "​Perhaps I was overhasty with my
 +choice,"​ and also walks out of the house.
 +
 +Ziedon pauses as he asks the younger guard, "Any idea where the merchant is
 +headed?"​
 +
 +<?>
 +
 +OOC: Where did the merchant go?  Around the corner/etc?
 +
 +MAJ Alex Corbin
 +Chief of Intelligence,​ G2
 +US Army Sustainment Command
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-07) ===
 +Kreemon picked up a piece of ice threw it down the path that led to the
 +inside of a wall. Instead of following the Path, it just landed on the
 +ground several yards away. The Paths, he realized, didn't really exist in
 +the same plane as the normal world. Without him leading the way, there was
 +no road to travel. Afterwards, still in a slight daze, Kreemon took a walk
 +through the town, towards the House. He noted Paths along the way, letting
 +his conscious run down the lines. When he got to the crowded grounds of the
 +House, he saw that a good number of Paths penetrated the walls, leading into
 +various rooms or walls. One faint, narrow Path even led into the smoldering
 +remains of the library.
 +
 +*  OOC: The ones that he thinks go forward/​backward in time, are there any
 +of those paths in the short version as well?  Where Kreemon can travel 10
 +yards away but to some point in the past?
 +
 +He’s not sure he sees any paths that go through time. He doesn’t know how to
 +tell whether they do that.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:32 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon picks up a piece of ice and tries to throw it down the path that
 +leads to the inside of a wall and watches what happens.
 +
 +Afterwards, still in a slight daze, Kreemon takes a walk through the city,
 +towards the House. ​ Along the way, Kreemon notes the Paths he see's, letting
 +his conscious run down the lines.
 +
 +Once we gets to the House, Kreemon circles around it, looking at the Paths
 +and seeing where they lead within the House itself.
 +
 +OOC: The ones that he thinks go forward/​backward in time, are there any of
 +those paths in the short version as well?  Where Kreemon can travel 10 yards
 +away but to some point in the past?
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2013 10:02 PM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Were there any paths that led outside the dome? It was hard to tell, but
 +maybe he wasn't close enough. It would take time and practice to identify
 +every path, but once he could, the possibilities would be endless. For now,
 +he stuck with those he could understand. He focused on each of the
 +individual paths around him, extending his senses along the path, to
 +determine where (and maybe when) the end of the path lay. There was a finite
 +number of them, as best he could tell; they didn't go //​everywhere//,​ but
 +the shorter they were, the more numerous. With a little practice, Kreemon
 +thought he could go almost anywhere within twenty yards or so. At greater
 +distances, he could guess where a few ended. The dark basement of a house,
 +the inside of a wall (could he survive such a trip?), the ice here and
 +there. There had to be a way to tell one Path from another. What was the
 +difference between one place and another? How could Kreemon match a Path to
 +a known place?
 +
 +OOC: Part of this might be stuff Kreemon can figure out through practice and
 +experimentation. Other parts will be improvements as Kreemon goes up in
 +level.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-05-07) ===
 +
 +Ziedon nods, "​Thanks,"​ and heads up the street, to see where the
 +merchant is going.
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon'​s will walk briskly so he gets eyes on the merchant but
 +will take cover/etc when the merchant stops, so he can observe without
 +being seen; and be able to slip away unseen if necessary.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On May 7, 2013, at 8:39 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside. I'll have
 +> to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to the front door and
 +> opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and I'll bring out my stock.
 +> I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +>
 +> Ziedon frowned at the merchant disappearing to the left. "​Perhaps I was
 +> overhasty with my choice,"​ he said, and also walked out of the house. One of
 +> the guards almost made a move to stop him, but he seemed as confused about
 +> the merchant'​s actions as Ziedon was. Instead, he followed Ziedon and looked
 +> out.
 +>
 +> Ziedon paused outside the door, and asked the enchanted guard, "Any idea
 +> where the merchant is headed?"​
 +>
 +> The man glanced in the way the merchant had gone. "​Don'​t know. That way, I
 +> guess."​ He wasn't pointing to the back of the house, but rather, up the
 +> street. For his answer, he got a smack on the side of his head. "Shut your
 +> trap," the other guard said.
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 10:45 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +>> "I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside.
 +>> I'll
 +> have to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to the front
 +> door and opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and I'll bring out
 +> my stock. I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +>
 +> Ziedon frowns at the disappearing merchant, "​Perhaps I was overhasty with my
 +> choice,"​ and also walks out of the house.
 +>
 +> Ziedon pauses as he asks the younger guard, "Any idea where the merchant is
 +> headed?"​
 +>
 +> <?>
 +>
 +> OOC: Where did the merchant go?  Around the corner/etc?
 +>
 +> MAJ Alex Corbin
 +> Chief of Intelligence,​ G2
 +> US Army Sustainment Command
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-07) ===
 +His curiosity peaked, Kreemon pulls the hood of his cloak down to cover his face and Travels down the Path to the library.
 + 
 +As he enters into the House, Kreemon expands his senses down the Paths to determine what additional Paths there are and if he can tell what (and who) is at the Paths' ends within the House.
 + 
 +Kreemon also checks to see if any of the Paths lead to 1. The secret underground lair and 2. A central focus/locus point.  Kreemon'​s thought process is that the magic of a piece of the Zioth may draw the Paths to it, so if there are a multitude of Paths leading to a single point, its a good bet that something important is there. :)
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:53 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon picked up a piece of ice threw it down the path that led to the inside of a wall. Instead of following the Path, it just landed on the ground several yards away. The Paths, he realized, didn't really exist in the same plane as the normal world. Without him leading the way, there was no road to travel. Afterwards, still in a slight daze, Kreemon took a walk through the town, towards the House. He noted Paths along the way, letting his conscious run down the lines. When he got to the crowded grounds of the House, he saw that a good number of Paths penetrated the walls, leading into various rooms or walls. One faint, narrow Path even led into the smoldering remains of the library.
 +Ø  OOC: The ones that he thinks go forward/​backward in time, are there any of those paths in the short version as well?  Where Kreemon can travel 10 yards away but to some point in the past?
 + 
 +He’s not sure he sees any paths that go through time. He doesn’t know how to tell whether they do that.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-05-12) ===
 +
 +Ziedon nodded. "​Thanks,"​ he said, and walked briskly up the street, to see
 +where the merchant was going. He couldn'​t find him for a while. Then he
 +caught him talking to the guards in front of another shop. The merchant
 +glanced back at the sound of the ice being crushed under Ziedon'​s feet. His
 +eyes went wide, and he ran.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:50 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon nods, "​Thanks,"​ and heads up the street, to see where the merchant is
 +going.
 +
 +OOC: Ziedon'​s will walk briskly so he gets eyes on the merchant but will
 +take cover/etc when the merchant stops, so he can observe without being
 +seen; and be able to slip away unseen if necessary.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On May 7, 2013, at 8:39 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> "I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside. ​
 +> I'll have to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to 
 +> the front door and opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and
 +I'll bring out my stock.
 +> I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +>
 +> Ziedon frowned at the merchant disappearing to the left. "​Perhaps I 
 +> was overhasty with my choice,"​ he said, and also walked out of the 
 +> house. One of the guards almost made a move to stop him, but he seemed ​
 +> as confused about the merchant'​s actions as Ziedon was. Instead, he 
 +> followed Ziedon and looked out.
 +>
 +> Ziedon paused outside the door, and asked the enchanted guard, "​Any ​
 +> idea where the merchant is headed?"​
 +>
 +> The man glanced in the way the merchant had gone. "​Don'​t know. That 
 +> way, I guess."​ He wasn't pointing to the back of the house, but 
 +> rather, up the street. For his answer, he got a smack on the side of 
 +> his head. "Shut your trap," the other guard said.
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 10:45 PM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +>> "I... I mean, there'​s no way to get the onyxes through the inside.
 +>> I'll
 +> have to go around back to get my stock."​ The jeweler walked to the 
 +> front door and opened it. "Ah. Much better. Just wait a moment and 
 +> I'll bring out my stock. I have to go around back to get it," he repeated.
 +>
 +> Ziedon frowns at the disappearing merchant, "​Perhaps I was overhasty ​
 +> with my choice,"​ and also walks out of the house.
 +>
 +> Ziedon pauses as he asks the younger guard, "Any idea where the 
 +> merchant is headed?"​
 +>
 +> <?>
 +>
 +> OOC: Where did the merchant go?  Around the corner/etc?
 +>
 +> MAJ Alex Corbin
 +> Chief of Intelligence,​ G2
 +> US Army Sustainment Command
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-12) ===
 +His curiosity peaked, Kreemon pulled the hood of his cloak down to cover his face and travels down the Path to the library. Strangely tired from the short journey, he emerged into a pile of rubble. The cloak covering his face wasn't enough. He gagged on the acrid odor of whatever was still burning. He felt increasing heat on his legs and feet. Quickly, he looked around for additional Paths, which he found were just as easy to see with his face covered as not. Some went outside. One went back the way he'd come. Other rooms in the House were accessible, and some went down into darkness. He could see in the darkness, as he'd been able to for weeks. Could it be part of the underground caves?
 +
 +OOC: No obvious convergence of Paths.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 1:22 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +His curiosity peaked, Kreemon pulls the hood of his cloak down to cover his face and Travels down the Path to the library.
 +
 +As he enters into the House, Kreemon expands his senses down the Paths to determine what additional Paths there are and if he can tell what (and who) is at the Paths' ends within the House.
 +
 +Kreemon also checks to see if any of the Paths lead to 1. The secret underground lair and 2. A central focus/locus point. ​ Kreemon'​s thought process is that the magic of a piece of the Zioth may draw the Paths to it, so if there are a multitude of Paths leading to a single point, its a good bet that something important is there. :)
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​ > 
 +Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:53 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon picked up a piece of ice threw it down the path that led to the inside of a wall. Instead of following the Path, it just landed on the ground several yards away. The Paths, he realized, didn't really exist in the same plane as the normal world. Without him leading the way, there was no road to travel. Afterwards, still in a slight daze, Kreemon took a walk through the town, towards the House. He noted Paths along the way, letting his conscious run down the lines. When he got to the crowded grounds of the House, he saw that a good number of Paths penetrated the walls, leading into various rooms or walls. One faint, narrow Path even led into the smoldering remains of the library.
 +
 +*  OOC: The ones that he thinks go forward/​backward in time, are there any of those paths in the short version as well?  Where Kreemon can travel 10 yards away but to some point in the past?
 +
 +He’s not sure he sees any paths that go through time. He doesn’t know how to tell whether they do that.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-05-12) ===
 +
 +Ziedon looks to see what the shop is, and then turns and walks away,
 +taking a circulous route to ensure he isn't followed, having Tah'​iera
 +pull over watch.
 +
 +Ziedon returns to their new rooms, deep in thought about the latest
 +development,​ and gets some sleep.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On May 12, 2013, at 8:08 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> The merchant
 +> glanced back at the sound of the ice being crushed under Ziedon'​s feet. His
 +> eyes went wide, and he ran.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-12) ===
 +Kreemon Steps away from the burning library, thanking again his new-found resistance to temperatures.<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon heads downwards, exploring the Paths below the House.<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon extends his senses again, seeing if he determine whether he can tell if there are people at the end of the nearby Paths, below and above ground in the House.<​br/><​br/>​Once his sense exploration is complete, Kreemon will try to determine the area that he and Ziedon had already explored, so he can emerge in an unexplored area (the other side of the tunnel collapse if possible).<​br/><​br/>​OOC:​ Darn, I thought the convergence was a good guess. :​)<​br/>​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-05-20) ===
 +
 +Ziedon got a good enough look to guess that the shop housed a high-end
 +tailor, and then turned and walked away, summoning Tah'​iera to watch from
 +above. He wasn't going to get away easily, however. Ziedon heard calls of
 +"​sorcerer!"​ and then feet pounding through the ice. Was he being followed,
 +or were they running away?
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:44 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon looks to see what the shop is, and then turns and walks away, taking
 +a circulous route to ensure he isn't followed, having Tah'​iera pull over
 +watch.
 +
 +Ziedon returns to their new rooms, deep in thought about the latest
 +development,​ and gets some sleep.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On May 12, 2013, at 8:08 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> The merchant
 +> glanced back at the sound of the ice being crushed under Ziedon'​s ​
 +> feet. His eyes went wide, and he ran.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-20) ===
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be, only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon Steps away from the burning library, thanking again his new-found resistance to temperatures.
 +
 +Kreemon heads downwards, exploring the Paths below the House.
 +
 +Kreemon extends his senses again, seeing if he determine whether he can tell if there are people at the end of the nearby Paths, below and above ground in the House.
 +
 +Once his sense exploration is complete, Kreemon will try to determine the area that he and Ziedon had already explored, so he can emerge in an unexplored area (the other side of the tunnel collapse if possible).
 +
 +OOC: Darn, I thought the convergence was a good guess. :)
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 12, 2013 12:15:48 PM 
 +
 +His curiosity peaked, Kreemon pulled the hood of his cloak down to cover his face and travels down the Path to the library. Strangely tired from the short journey, he emerged into a pile of rubble. The cloak covering his face wasn't enough. He gagged on the acrid odor of whatever was still burning. He felt increasing heat on his legs and feet. Quickly, he looked around for additional Paths, which he found were just as easy to see with his face covered as not. Some went outside. One went back the way he'd come. Other rooms in the House were accessible, and some went down into darkness. He could see in the darkness, as he'd been able to for weeks. Could it be part of the underground caves?
 +
 +OOC: No obvious convergence of Paths.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Tuesday, May 07, 2013 1:22 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +His curiosity peaked, Kreemon pulls the hood of his cloak down to cover his face and Travels down the Path to the library.
 +
 +As he enters into the House, Kreemon expands his senses down the Paths to determine what additional Paths there are and if he can tell what (and who) is at the Paths' ends within the House.
 +
 +Kreemon also checks to see if any of the Paths lead to 1. The secret underground lair and 2. A central focus/locus point. ​ Kreemon'​s thought process is that the magic of a piece of the Zioth may draw the Paths to it, so if there are a multitude of Paths leading to a single point, its a good bet that something important is there. :)
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ > 
 +Sent: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 8:53 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon picked up a piece of ice threw it down the path that led to the inside of a wall. Instead of following the Path, it just landed on the ground several yards away. The Paths, he realized, didn't really exist in the same plane as the normal world. Without him leading the way, there was no road to travel. Afterwards, still in a slight daze, Kreemon took a walk through the town, towards the House. He noted Paths along the way, letting his conscious run down the lines. When he got to the crowded grounds of the House, he saw that a good number of Paths penetrated the walls, leading into various rooms or walls. One faint, narrow Path even led into the smoldering remains of the library.
 +
 +*  OOC: The ones that he thinks go forward/​backward in time, are there any of those paths in the short version as well?  Where Kreemon can travel 10 yards away but to some point in the past?
 +
 +He’s not sure he sees any paths that go through time. He doesn’t know how to tell whether they do that.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-05-20) ===
 +
 +Ziedon acts panicked, looking around (to see if anyone is behind him)
 +and yells "​Sorcerer!"​ And begins running himself, slipping down side
 +alleys and turns to lose any pursuers.
 +
 +Once he rounds another corner and does not have anyone in immediate
 +sight, he casts Blink. ​ This allows him to quickly cover the ground in
 +the alleyways, getting from one end to the other, to put more distance
 +between himself and any pursuit, allowing him to lose them quickly.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On May 20, 2013, at 6:09 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> Ziedon got a good enough look to guess that the shop housed a high-end
 +> tailor, and then turned and walked away, summoning Tah'​iera to watch from
 +> above. He wasn't going to get away easily, however. Ziedon heard calls of
 +> "​sorcerer!"​ and then feet pounding through the ice. Was he being followed,
 +> or were they running away?
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:44 AM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> Ziedon looks to see what the shop is, and then turns and walks away, taking
 +> a circulous route to ensure he isn't followed, having Tah'​iera pull over
 +> watch.
 +>
 +> Ziedon returns to their new rooms, deep in thought about the latest
 +> development,​ and gets some sleep.
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On May 12, 2013, at 8:08 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> The merchant
 +>> glanced back at the sound of the ice being crushed under Ziedon'​s
 +>> feet. His eyes went wide, and he ran.
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-20) ===
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 + 
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 + 
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 + 
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +________________________________
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com> ​
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the older, decomposed library.
 + 
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 + 
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be, only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-20) ===
 +OOC: Kreemon regains hit points in the transformation,​ but doesn’t have
 +renewed vigor. Currently, Kreemon is fatigued, which is a -2 to a lot of
 +things. Transformation doesn’t remove that condition.
 +
 +Real response coming later.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> A shadow (Ziedon, 2013-05-20) ===
 +Nice try Chris.. ;)
 +
 +On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> OOC: Kreemon regains hit points in the transformation,​ but doesn’t have
 +> renewed vigor. Currently, Kreemon is fatigued, which is a -2 to a lot of
 +> things. Transformation doesn’t remove that condition.****
 +>
 +> ** **
 +>
 +> Real response coming later.
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon paused and then smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his
 +head. Slipping his skin, Kreemon slid into his wolfhound form and explored
 +passages he'd been in before, taking stock of the scents in the air. The
 +overwhelming smells were those of dust and ash. The cave-in from the fire
 +almost completely drowned out everything else, but there was a hint of a
 +scent that wasn't Ziedon or Kreemon, or Tah'​iera or the insects or snakes.
 +Halaren, most likely, unless someone else had been down here recently. The
 +cave-in made it difficult to tell whether he'd gone that way, but he hadn't
 +gone anywhere else, except briefly into an empty room
 +
 +Kreemon became Human again, feeling a sense of relief as his burned flesh
 +was healed as if he'd had a good night'​s sleep, but he was still tired, both
 +from the very long day -- when had he last slept? -- and some effect of this
 +new form of travel. He concentrated again, and followed a Path leading
 +beyond the collapsed tunnel. He was disoriented for a moment. He felt weak,
 +clumsy, and even more tired than before, but then he shook his head. Not too
 +tired to go on.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes penetrated the intense darkness of the passage. Insects
 +swarmed underfoot. A long tunnel led forward, and a shorter stretch behind
 +stopped abruptly at the cave-in.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon currently has a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon moves carefully down the hallway, looking for signs of previous passage, listening carefully and trying to be as quiet as possible.<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon takes his time, watching for traps, tripwires, and the like.<​br/><​br/>​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +
 +Ziedon acted panicked, looking around to see if anyone was behind him, and
 +echoed the cry of, "​Sorcerer!"​ He ran, stumbling over the ice, his feigned
 +panic spreading. After all that had happened recently, it took very little
 +to set the people of Maelbourg off. The first time he was out of anyone'​s
 +sight, he cast a spell which set his form flickering in and out of
 +existence. This allowed him to cover ground in the alleys quickly -- the ice
 +was much less of a barrier -- and he could step through barrels, fallen
 +boards and other obstacles.
 +
 +However, he became all the more conspicuous. While he could escape all his
 +pursuers, cries of "​sorcerer"​ followed him through the town, making a clear
 +trail for any priests or members of the guard.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 7:36 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon acts panicked, looking around (to see if anyone is behind him) and
 +yells "​Sorcerer!"​ And begins running himself, slipping down side alleys and
 +turns to lose any pursuers.
 +
 +Once he rounds another corner and does not have anyone in immediate sight,
 +he casts Blink. ​ This allows him to quickly cover the ground in the
 +alleyways, getting from one end to the other, to put more distance between
 +himself and any pursuit, allowing him to lose them quickly.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On May 20, 2013, at 6:09 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> Ziedon got a good enough look to guess that the shop housed a high-end ​
 +> tailor, and then turned and walked away, summoning Tah'​iera to watch 
 +> from above. He wasn't going to get away easily, however. Ziedon heard 
 +> calls of "​sorcerer!"​ and then feet pounding through the ice. Was he 
 +> being followed, or were they running away?
 +>
 +>
 +> -----Original Message-----
 +> From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com]
 +> Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:44 AM
 +> To: Zioth Group 1
 +> Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +>
 +> Ziedon looks to see what the shop is, and then turns and walks away, 
 +> taking a circulous route to ensure he isn't followed, having Tah'​iera ​
 +> pull over watch.
 +>
 +> Ziedon returns to their new rooms, deep in thought about the latest ​
 +> development,​ and gets some sleep.
 +>
 +> Sent from my iPhone
 +>
 +> On May 12, 2013, at 8:08 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +>
 +>> The merchant
 +>> glanced back at the sound of the ice being crushed under Ziedon'​s ​
 +>> feet. His eyes went wide, and he ran.
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +>
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon moved carefully down the hallway, looking and listening, while
 +trying to be as quiet as possible. At first, he saw no sign that anyone had
 +been here; the insects had long since covered any trails. But then he
 +noticed a sprung trap, and another. He almost set one off himself, but
 +spotted the tripwire just in time. He followed the winding passage for a
 +long time. Unlike some of the areas he'd explored with Ziedon, the walls of
 +this tunnel were barely worked at all -- just expanded here and there, or
 +smoothed out, He peeked into numerous side-rooms and short passages, where,
 +at most, he found remnants of ancient furniture. Then he turned a corner and
 +saw a light up ahead. As he watched, it slowly dimmed, and then slowly
 +brightened again, as if someone were moving back and forth around a corner.
 +A nearby side-passage branched off to the left.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves carefully down the hallway, looking for signs of previous
 +passage, listening carefully and trying to be as quiet as possible.
 +
 +Kreemon takes his time, watching for traps, tripwires, and the like.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 1:11:19 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon paused and then smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his
 +head. Slipping his skin, Kreemon slid into his wolfhound form and explored
 +passages he'd been in before, taking stock of the scents in the air. The
 +overwhelming smells were those of dust and ash. The cave-in from the fire
 +almost completely drowned out everything else, but there was a hint of a
 +scent that wasn't Ziedon or Kreemon, or Tah'​iera or the insects or snakes.
 +Halaren, most likely, unless someone else had been down here recently. The
 +cave-in made it difficult to tell whether he'd gone that way, but he hadn't
 +gone anywhere else, except briefly into an empty room
 +
 +Kreemon became Human again, feeling a sense of relief as his burned flesh
 +was healed as if he'd had a good night'​s sleep, but he was still tired, both
 +from the very long day -- when had he last slept? -- and some effect of this
 +new form of travel. He concentrated again, and followed a Path leading
 +beyond the collapsed tunnel. He was disoriented for a moment. He felt weak,
 +clumsy, and even more tired than before, but then he shook his head. Not too
 +tired to go on.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes penetrated the intense darkness of the passage. Insects
 +swarmed underfoot. A long tunnel led forward, and a shorter stretch behind
 +stopped abruptly at the cave-in.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon currently has a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ > 
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Ziedon, 2013-05-26) ===
 +
 +Ziedon moves in a roundabout manner, away from his hidey-hole, so as
 +not to lead a trail back for others to follow.
 +
 +Once the spell expires, Ziedon continues to hurriedly move, taking a
 +discrete route, back to his resting area.
 +
 +With a wry smile, Ziedon realizes that one of the benefits of this
 +latest development is that his legend will grow in the town.
 +
 +Ziedon'​s smile turns to a frown as he also realizes that his request
 +for onyx lead the jeweler to seek reinforcements. ​ To gain what he
 +needed, he would have to take it by force instead of purchasing as he
 +intended.
 +
 +"​Always pushing me to actions I'd rather avoid,"​ he thinks as he slips
 +into his boarding room and lays down for some deserved rest.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On May 26, 2013, at 8:55 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> However, he became all the more conspicuous. While he could escape all his
 +> pursuers, cries of "​sorcerer"​ followed him through the town, making a clear
 +> trail for any priests or members of the guard.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> The Treasures of the House (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +
 +Ziedon successfully makes it back to the boarding house. When Kreemon gets
 +back, I'll move time forward.
 +
 +-----Original Message-----
 +From: Ziedon [mailto:​ziedon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:21 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> The Treasures of the House
 +
 +Ziedon moves in a roundabout manner, away from his hidey-hole, so as not to
 +lead a trail back for others to follow.
 +
 +Once the spell expires, Ziedon continues to hurriedly move, taking a
 +discrete route, back to his resting area.
 +
 +With a wry smile, Ziedon realizes that one of the benefits of this latest
 +development is that his legend will grow in the town.
 +
 +Ziedon'​s smile turns to a frown as he also realizes that his request for
 +onyx lead the jeweler to seek reinforcements. ​ To gain what he needed, he
 +would have to take it by force instead of purchasing as he intended.
 +
 +"​Always pushing me to actions I'd rather avoid,"​ he thinks as he slips into
 +his boarding room and lays down for some deserved rest.
 +
 +Sent from my iPhone
 +
 +On May 26, 2013, at 8:55 AM, Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com>​ wrote:
 +
 +> However, he became all the more conspicuous. While he could escape all 
 +> his pursuers, cries of "​sorcerer"​ followed him through the town, 
 +> making a clear trail for any priests or members of the guard.
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon moves to the side of the tunnel, and carefully continues forward.<​br/><​br/>​Moving as quietly and carefully as possible, Kreemon sneaks down the hallway towards the light, listening carefully.<​br/>​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Ignoring the side-passage,​ Kreemon kept to the side of the tunnel, and
 +carefully continued forward. He heard nothing but the sounds of insects
 +chittering, and even those became less common as the number of insects
 +decreased. The light continued to pulsate slowly.
 +
 +After creeping forward about forty feet, Kreemon felt the floor drop a
 +fraction of an inch below him. He tried to jump out of the way, but was too
 +slow. Panels in the walls sprung open, sending broken fragments of wood and
 +metal flying everywhere. A couple pieces looked like the highly corroded
 +tips of darts.
 +
 +The light didn't change, even though Kreemon'​s position was given away.
 +Perhaps the person was deaf, or maybe it wasn't a person at all. He
 +continued forward, avoiding a few more pressure plates and trip wires.
 +Finally, he saw a turn in the tunnel up ahead, beyond which the light came
 +all the brighter. Scattered all over the tunnel floor were sharp bits of
 +metal -- springs, pieces of old blades and unrecognizable shards. While all
 +the other traps seemed designed to delay, like the sleeping poison, or
 +restrain, like the nets, this one looked like, in its prime, it might have
 +been able to cut intruders'​ legs off.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:42 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves to the side of the tunnel, and carefully continues forward.
 +
 +Moving as quietly and carefully as possible, Kreemon sneaks down the hallway
 +towards the light, listening carefully.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 2:00:57 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon moved carefully down the hallway, looking and listening, while
 +trying to be as quiet as possible. At first, he saw no sign that anyone had
 +been here; the insects had long since covered any trails. But then he
 +noticed a sprung trap, and another. He almost set one off himself, but
 +spotted the tripwire just in time. He followed the winding passage for a
 +long time. Unlike some of the areas he'd explored with Ziedon, the walls of
 +this tunnel were barely worked at all -- just expanded here and there, or
 +smoothed out, He peeked into numerous side-rooms and short passages, where,
 +at most, he found remnants of ancient furniture. Then he turned a corner and
 +saw a light up ahead. As he watched, it slowly dimmed, and then slowly
 +brightened again, as if someone were moving back and forth around a corner.
 +A nearby side-passage branched off to the left.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves carefully down the hallway, looking for signs of previous
 +passage, listening carefully and trying to be as quiet as possible.
 +
 +Kreemon takes his time, watching for traps, tripwires, and the like.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 1:11:19 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon paused and then smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his
 +head. Slipping his skin, Kreemon slid into his wolfhound form and explored
 +passages he'd been in before, taking stock of the scents in the air. The
 +overwhelming smells were those of dust and ash. The cave-in from the fire
 +almost completely drowned out everything else, but there was a hint of a
 +scent that wasn't Ziedon or Kreemon, or Tah'​iera or the insects or snakes.
 +Halaren, most likely, unless someone else had been down here recently. The
 +cave-in made it difficult to tell whether he'd gone that way, but he hadn't
 +gone anywhere else, except briefly into an empty room
 +
 +Kreemon became Human again, feeling a sense of relief as his burned flesh
 +was healed as if he'd had a good night'​s sleep, but he was still tired, both
 +from the very long day -- when had he last slept? -- and some effect of this
 +new form of travel. He concentrated again, and followed a Path leading
 +beyond the collapsed tunnel. He was disoriented for a moment. He felt weak,
 +clumsy, and even more tired than before, but then he shook his head. Not too
 +tired to go on.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes penetrated the intense darkness of the passage. Insects
 +swarmed underfoot. A long tunnel led forward, and a shorter stretch behind
 +stopped abruptly at the cave-in.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon currently has a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon curses silently and continues forward, extra vigilant for tripwires and floor depression panels, towards the light, staying to one side of the tunnel.<​br/><​br/><​br/>​Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon cursed silently and continued forward, extra vigilant for traps,
 +staying to one side of the tunnel. He rounded the bend and saw something he
 +had not expected at all. At the end of a short hall was a glass panel,
 +wedged at an angle in a slot carved into the walls and floor, with a large
 +Sign of Morenth engraved into its center. It looked like some kind of door
 +that was meant to slide smoothly down into the floor, but the mechanism had
 +broken part-way down, leaving the door askew. There was a room beyond, which
 +Kreemon could get into by climbing over the door. The door and the room
 +pulsated with light.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:10 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon curses silently and continues forward, extra vigilant for tripwires
 +and floor depression panels, towards the light, staying to one side of the
 +tunnel.
 +
 +Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 3:49:28 PM 
 +
 +Ignoring the side-passage,​ Kreemon kept to the side of the tunnel, and
 +carefully continued forward. He heard nothing but the sounds of insects
 +chittering, and even those became less common as the number of insects
 +decreased. The light continued to pulsate slowly.
 +
 +After creeping forward about forty feet, Kreemon felt the floor drop a
 +fraction of an inch below him. He tried to jump out of the way, but was too
 +slow. Panels in the walls sprung open, sending broken fragments of wood and
 +metal flying everywhere. A couple pieces looked like the highly corroded
 +tips of darts.
 +
 +The light didn't change, even though Kreemon'​s position was given away.
 +Perhaps the person was deaf, or maybe it wasn't a person at all. He
 +continued forward, avoiding a few more pressure plates and trip wires.
 +Finally, he saw a turn in the tunnel up ahead, beyond which the light came
 +all the brighter. Scattered all over the tunnel floor were sharp bits of
 +metal -- springs, pieces of old blades and unrecognizable shards. While all
 +the other traps seemed designed to delay, like the sleeping poison, or
 +restrain, like the nets, this one looked like, in its prime, it might have
 +been able to cut intruders'​ legs off.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:42 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves to the side of the tunnel, and carefully continues forward.
 +
 +Moving as quietly and carefully as possible, Kreemon sneaks down the hallway
 +towards the light, listening carefully.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 2:00:57 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon moved carefully down the hallway, looking and listening, while
 +trying to be as quiet as possible. At first, he saw no sign that anyone had
 +been here; the insects had long since covered any trails. But then he
 +noticed a sprung trap, and another. He almost set one off himself, but
 +spotted the tripwire just in time. He followed the winding passage for a
 +long time. Unlike some of the areas he'd explored with Ziedon, the walls of
 +this tunnel were barely worked at all -- just expanded here and there, or
 +smoothed out, He peeked into numerous side-rooms and short passages, where,
 +at most, he found remnants of ancient furniture. Then he turned a corner and
 +saw a light up ahead. As he watched, it slowly dimmed, and then slowly
 +brightened again, as if someone were moving back and forth around a corner.
 +A nearby side-passage branched off to the left.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves carefully down the hallway, looking for signs of previous
 +passage, listening carefully and trying to be as quiet as possible.
 +
 +Kreemon takes his time, watching for traps, tripwires, and the like.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 1:11:19 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon paused and then smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his
 +head. Slipping his skin, Kreemon slid into his wolfhound form and explored
 +passages he'd been in before, taking stock of the scents in the air. The
 +overwhelming smells were those of dust and ash. The cave-in from the fire
 +almost completely drowned out everything else, but there was a hint of a
 +scent that wasn't Ziedon or Kreemon, or Tah'​iera or the insects or snakes.
 +Halaren, most likely, unless someone else had been down here recently. The
 +cave-in made it difficult to tell whether he'd gone that way, but he hadn't
 +gone anywhere else, except briefly into an empty room
 +
 +Kreemon became Human again, feeling a sense of relief as his burned flesh
 +was healed as if he'd had a good night'​s sleep, but he was still tired, both
 +from the very long day -- when had he last slept? -- and some effect of this
 +new form of travel. He concentrated again, and followed a Path leading
 +beyond the collapsed tunnel. He was disoriented for a moment. He felt weak,
 +clumsy, and even more tired than before, but then he shook his head. Not too
 +tired to go on.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes penetrated the intense darkness of the passage. Insects
 +swarmed underfoot. A long tunnel led forward, and a shorter stretch behind
 +stopped abruptly at the cave-in.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon currently has a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ > 
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-26) ===
 +OOC: that explains the light.. ​ Is it coming from somewhere, or is it emanating from the door/room itself?<​br/><​br/>​IC:​ Discovery found, Kreemon backtracks for a few moments and explores the side tunnel he saw before the pulsating light, before proceeding further.<​br/><​br/>​OOC:​ Any dust, tracks/etc on the floors?<​br/><​br/><​br/>​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +OOC: The light is coming from the room. Kreemon can’t see much of the room
 +without climbing. It looks like there’s been a lot of activity around here
 +recently, but that could just be the mess made by the sprung trap. Oh, and
 +there’s also a strange box hanging above the door, with some bells in it. I
 +forgot to mention that.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:33 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: that explains the light.. Is it coming from somewhere, or is it
 +emanating from the door/room itself?
 +
 +IC: Discovery found, Kreemon backtracks for a few moments and explores the
 +side tunnel he saw before the pulsating light, before proceeding further.
 +
 +OOC: Any dust, tracks/etc on the floors?
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 4:17:25 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon cursed silently and continued forward, extra vigilant for traps,
 +staying to one side of the tunnel. He rounded the bend and saw something he
 +had not expected at all. At the end of a short hall was a glass panel,
 +wedged at an angle in a slot carved into the walls and floor, with a large
 +Sign of Morenth engraved into its center. It looked like some kind of door
 +that was meant to slide smoothly down into the floor, but the mechanism had
 +broken part-way down, leaving the door askew. There was a room beyond, which
 +Kreemon could get into by climbing over the door. The door and the room
 +pulsated with light.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:10 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon curses silently and continues forward, extra vigilant for tripwires
 +and floor depression panels, towards the light, staying to one side of the
 +tunnel.
 +
 +Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 3:49:28 PM 
 +
 +Ignoring the side-passage,​ Kreemon kept to the side of the tunnel, and
 +carefully continued forward. He heard nothing but the sounds of insects
 +chittering, and even those became less common as the number of insects
 +decreased. The light continued to pulsate slowly.
 +
 +After creeping forward about forty feet, Kreemon felt the floor drop a
 +fraction of an inch below him. He tried to jump out of the way, but was too
 +slow. Panels in the walls sprung open, sending broken fragments of wood and
 +metal flying everywhere. A couple pieces looked like the highly corroded
 +tips of darts.
 +
 +The light didn't change, even though Kreemon'​s position was given away.
 +Perhaps the person was deaf, or maybe it wasn't a person at all. He
 +continued forward, avoiding a few more pressure plates and trip wires.
 +Finally, he saw a turn in the tunnel up ahead, beyond which the light came
 +all the brighter. Scattered all over the tunnel floor were sharp bits of
 +metal -- springs, pieces of old blades and unrecognizable shards. While all
 +the other traps seemed designed to delay, like the sleeping poison, or
 +restrain, like the nets, this one looked like, in its prime, it might have
 +been able to cut intruders'​ legs off.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:42 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves to the side of the tunnel, and carefully continues forward.
 +
 +Moving as quietly and carefully as possible, Kreemon sneaks down the hallway
 +towards the light, listening carefully.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 2:00:57 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon moved carefully down the hallway, looking and listening, while
 +trying to be as quiet as possible. At first, he saw no sign that anyone had
 +been here; the insects had long since covered any trails. But then he
 +noticed a sprung trap, and another. He almost set one off himself, but
 +spotted the tripwire just in time. He followed the winding passage for a
 +long time. Unlike some of the areas he'd explored with Ziedon, the walls of
 +this tunnel were barely worked at all -- just expanded here and there, or
 +smoothed out, He peeked into numerous side-rooms and short passages, where,
 +at most, he found remnants of ancient furniture. Then he turned a corner and
 +saw a light up ahead. As he watched, it slowly dimmed, and then slowly
 +brightened again, as if someone were moving back and forth around a corner.
 +A nearby side-passage branched off to the left.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves carefully down the hallway, looking for signs of previous
 +passage, listening carefully and trying to be as quiet as possible.
 +
 +Kreemon takes his time, watching for traps, tripwires, and the like.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 1:11:19 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon paused and then smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his
 +head. Slipping his skin, Kreemon slid into his wolfhound form and explored
 +passages he'd been in before, taking stock of the scents in the air. The
 +overwhelming smells were those of dust and ash. The cave-in from the fire
 +almost completely drowned out everything else, but there was a hint of a
 +scent that wasn't Ziedon or Kreemon, or Tah'​iera or the insects or snakes.
 +Halaren, most likely, unless someone else had been down here recently. The
 +cave-in made it difficult to tell whether he'd gone that way, but he hadn't
 +gone anywhere else, except briefly into an empty room
 +
 +Kreemon became Human again, feeling a sense of relief as his burned flesh
 +was healed as if he'd had a good night'​s sleep, but he was still tired, both
 +from the very long day -- when had he last slept? -- and some effect of this
 +new form of travel. He concentrated again, and followed a Path leading
 +beyond the collapsed tunnel. He was disoriented for a moment. He felt weak,
 +clumsy, and even more tired than before, but then he shook his head. Not too
 +tired to go on.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes penetrated the intense darkness of the passage. Insects
 +swarmed underfoot. A long tunnel led forward, and a shorter stretch behind
 +stopped abruptly at the cave-in.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon currently has a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Hanging above the door was a small box made from intricate metalwork, with
 +four small bells inside.
 +
 +Discovery found, Kreemon backtracked to the side tunnel he saw earlier. The
 +short tunnel stopped in what looked like a dead end, but then Kreemon saw
 +what was once a trap door leading into a small room below. The wood from the
 +trap door was mostly rotted away, but it looked like some pieces of it had
 +been recently damaged. Someone had climbed in our out of the hole.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:33 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: that explains the light.. Is it coming from somewhere, or is it
 +emanating from the door/room itself?
 +
 +IC: Discovery found, Kreemon backtracks for a few moments and explores the
 +side tunnel he saw before the pulsating light, before proceeding further.
 +
 +OOC: Any dust, tracks/etc on the floors?
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 4:17:25 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon cursed silently and continued forward, extra vigilant for traps,
 +staying to one side of the tunnel. He rounded the bend and saw something he
 +had not expected at all. At the end of a short hall was a glass panel,
 +wedged at an angle in a slot carved into the walls and floor, with a large
 +Sign of Morenth engraved into its center. It looked like some kind of door
 +that was meant to slide smoothly down into the floor, but the mechanism had
 +broken part-way down, leaving the door askew. There was a room beyond, which
 +Kreemon could get into by climbing over the door. The door and the room
 +pulsated with light.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:10 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon curses silently and continues forward, extra vigilant for tripwires
 +and floor depression panels, towards the light, staying to one side of the
 +tunnel.
 +
 +Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 3:49:28 PM 
 +
 +Ignoring the side-passage,​ Kreemon kept to the side of the tunnel, and
 +carefully continued forward. He heard nothing but the sounds of insects
 +chittering, and even those became less common as the number of insects
 +decreased. The light continued to pulsate slowly.
 +
 +After creeping forward about forty feet, Kreemon felt the floor drop a
 +fraction of an inch below him. He tried to jump out of the way, but was too
 +slow. Panels in the walls sprung open, sending broken fragments of wood and
 +metal flying everywhere. A couple pieces looked like the highly corroded
 +tips of darts.
 +
 +The light didn't change, even though Kreemon'​s position was given away.
 +Perhaps the person was deaf, or maybe it wasn't a person at all. He
 +continued forward, avoiding a few more pressure plates and trip wires.
 +Finally, he saw a turn in the tunnel up ahead, beyond which the light came
 +all the brighter. Scattered all over the tunnel floor were sharp bits of
 +metal -- springs, pieces of old blades and unrecognizable shards. While all
 +the other traps seemed designed to delay, like the sleeping poison, or
 +restrain, like the nets, this one looked like, in its prime, it might have
 +been able to cut intruders'​ legs off.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:42 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves to the side of the tunnel, and carefully continues forward.
 +
 +Moving as quietly and carefully as possible, Kreemon sneaks down the hallway
 +towards the light, listening carefully.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 2:00:57 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon moved carefully down the hallway, looking and listening, while
 +trying to be as quiet as possible. At first, he saw no sign that anyone had
 +been here; the insects had long since covered any trails. But then he
 +noticed a sprung trap, and another. He almost set one off himself, but
 +spotted the tripwire just in time. He followed the winding passage for a
 +long time. Unlike some of the areas he'd explored with Ziedon, the walls of
 +this tunnel were barely worked at all -- just expanded here and there, or
 +smoothed out, He peeked into numerous side-rooms and short passages, where,
 +at most, he found remnants of ancient furniture. Then he turned a corner and
 +saw a light up ahead. As he watched, it slowly dimmed, and then slowly
 +brightened again, as if someone were moving back and forth around a corner.
 +A nearby side-passage branched off to the left.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves carefully down the hallway, looking for signs of previous
 +passage, listening carefully and trying to be as quiet as possible.
 +
 +Kreemon takes his time, watching for traps, tripwires, and the like.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 1:11:19 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon paused and then smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his
 +head. Slipping his skin, Kreemon slid into his wolfhound form and explored
 +passages he'd been in before, taking stock of the scents in the air. The
 +overwhelming smells were those of dust and ash. The cave-in from the fire
 +almost completely drowned out everything else, but there was a hint of a
 +scent that wasn't Ziedon or Kreemon, or Tah'​iera or the insects or snakes.
 +Halaren, most likely, unless someone else had been down here recently. The
 +cave-in made it difficult to tell whether he'd gone that way, but he hadn't
 +gone anywhere else, except briefly into an empty room
 +
 +Kreemon became Human again, feeling a sense of relief as his burned flesh
 +was healed as if he'd had a good night'​s sleep, but he was still tired, both
 +from the very long day -- when had he last slept? -- and some effect of this
 +new form of travel. He concentrated again, and followed a Path leading
 +beyond the collapsed tunnel. He was disoriented for a moment. He felt weak,
 +clumsy, and even more tired than before, but then he shook his head. Not too
 +tired to go on.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes penetrated the intense darkness of the passage. Insects
 +swarmed underfoot. A long tunnel led forward, and a shorter stretch behind
 +stopped abruptly at the cave-in.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon currently has a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon examines the trap door, looking to see what is below. ​ Once he has ensured himself there is no spikes (or the like) on the ground, Kreemon ensures he can get back out and then lowers himself into the pit.<​br/><​br/>​He checks the pit for blood, and to see of anything else has been disturbed.<​br/>​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +OOC: It might be difficult to get out alone, but Kreemon can always turn
 +into an owl if he has to.
 +
 +IC:
 +
 +Kreemon examined the trap door, and looked below. It was a fair drop into a
 +small room, but he could make it. A large, thick slab of metal, maybe seven
 +feet high and three wide, leaned against one rough-hewn wall and almost
 +reached another. Long spikes protruded from it at sharp angles, welded to
 +the surface, and many of them looked like they had some sticky substance on
 +them, possibly blood that was a few days old. He lowered himself in,
 +avoiding the spiked slab. It was indeed blood, and some of the insects had
 +taken advantage of the fresh food.
 +
 +One of the walls was flat, which made it stand out in the tiny, awkwardly
 +shaped cave. The flat wall was darker than the stone around it, and, as
 +Kreemon watched, its grays and blues seemed to move slowly, like dirty oil
 +in a light breeze.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:32 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon examines the trap door, looking to see what is below. Once he has
 +ensured himself there is no spikes (or the like) on the ground, Kreemon
 +ensures he can get back out and then lowers himself into the pit.
 +
 +He checks the pit for blood, and to see of anything else has been disturbed.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 4:53:39 PM 
 +
 +Hanging above the door was a small box made from intricate metalwork, with
 +four small bells inside.
 +
 +Discovery found, Kreemon backtracked to the side tunnel he saw earlier. The
 +short tunnel stopped in what looked like a dead end, but then Kreemon saw
 +what was once a trap door leading into a small room below. The wood from the
 +trap door was mostly rotted away, but it looked like some pieces of it had
 +been recently damaged. Someone had climbed in our out of the hole.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:33 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: that explains the light.. Is it coming from somewhere, or is it
 +emanating from the door/room itself?
 +
 +IC: Discovery found, Kreemon backtracks for a few moments and explores the
 +side tunnel he saw before the pulsating light, before proceeding further.
 +
 +OOC: Any dust, tracks/etc on the floors?
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 4:17:25 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon cursed silently and continued forward, extra vigilant for traps,
 +staying to one side of the tunnel. He rounded the bend and saw something he
 +had not expected at all. At the end of a short hall was a glass panel,
 +wedged at an angle in a slot carved into the walls and floor, with a large
 +Sign of Morenth engraved into its center. It looked like some kind of door
 +that was meant to slide smoothly down into the floor, but the mechanism had
 +broken part-way down, leaving the door askew. There was a room beyond, which
 +Kreemon could get into by climbing over the door. The door and the room
 +pulsated with light.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:10 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon curses silently and continues forward, extra vigilant for tripwires
 +and floor depression panels, towards the light, staying to one side of the
 +tunnel.
 +
 +Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 3:49:28 PM 
 +
 +Ignoring the side-passage,​ Kreemon kept to the side of the tunnel, and
 +carefully continued forward. He heard nothing but the sounds of insects
 +chittering, and even those became less common as the number of insects
 +decreased. The light continued to pulsate slowly.
 +
 +After creeping forward about forty feet, Kreemon felt the floor drop a
 +fraction of an inch below him. He tried to jump out of the way, but was too
 +slow. Panels in the walls sprung open, sending broken fragments of wood and
 +metal flying everywhere. A couple pieces looked like the highly corroded
 +tips of darts.
 +
 +The light didn't change, even though Kreemon'​s position was given away.
 +Perhaps the person was deaf, or maybe it wasn't a person at all. He
 +continued forward, avoiding a few more pressure plates and trip wires.
 +Finally, he saw a turn in the tunnel up ahead, beyond which the light came
 +all the brighter. Scattered all over the tunnel floor were sharp bits of
 +metal -- springs, pieces of old blades and unrecognizable shards. While all
 +the other traps seemed designed to delay, like the sleeping poison, or
 +restrain, like the nets, this one looked like, in its prime, it might have
 +been able to cut intruders'​ legs off.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:42 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves to the side of the tunnel, and carefully continues forward.
 +
 +Moving as quietly and carefully as possible, Kreemon sneaks down the hallway
 +towards the light, listening carefully.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 2:00:57 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon moved carefully down the hallway, looking and listening, while
 +trying to be as quiet as possible. At first, he saw no sign that anyone had
 +been here; the insects had long since covered any trails. But then he
 +noticed a sprung trap, and another. He almost set one off himself, but
 +spotted the tripwire just in time. He followed the winding passage for a
 +long time. Unlike some of the areas he'd explored with Ziedon, the walls of
 +this tunnel were barely worked at all -- just expanded here and there, or
 +smoothed out, He peeked into numerous side-rooms and short passages, where,
 +at most, he found remnants of ancient furniture. Then he turned a corner and
 +saw a light up ahead. As he watched, it slowly dimmed, and then slowly
 +brightened again, as if someone were moving back and forth around a corner.
 +A nearby side-passage branched off to the left.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves carefully down the hallway, looking for signs of previous
 +passage, listening carefully and trying to be as quiet as possible.
 +
 +Kreemon takes his time, watching for traps, tripwires, and the like.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 1:11:19 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon paused and then smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his
 +head. Slipping his skin, Kreemon slid into his wolfhound form and explored
 +passages he'd been in before, taking stock of the scents in the air. The
 +overwhelming smells were those of dust and ash. The cave-in from the fire
 +almost completely drowned out everything else, but there was a hint of a
 +scent that wasn't Ziedon or Kreemon, or Tah'​iera or the insects or snakes.
 +Halaren, most likely, unless someone else had been down here recently. The
 +cave-in made it difficult to tell whether he'd gone that way, but he hadn't
 +gone anywhere else, except briefly into an empty room
 +
 +Kreemon became Human again, feeling a sense of relief as his burned flesh
 +was healed as if he'd had a good night'​s sleep, but he was still tired, both
 +from the very long day -- when had he last slept? -- and some effect of this
 +new form of travel. He concentrated again, and followed a Path leading
 +beyond the collapsed tunnel. He was disoriented for a moment. He felt weak,
 +clumsy, and even more tired than before, but then he shook his head. Not too
 +tired to go on.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes penetrated the intense darkness of the passage. Insects
 +swarmed underfoot. A long tunnel led forward, and a shorter stretch behind
 +stopped abruptly at the cave-in.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon currently has a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ > 
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-26) ===
 +OOC: Kreemon will tie off a rope, so he can more easily climb out.<​br/><​br/>​IC:​ Kreemon looks at the spiked wall, slightly confused, "​Shouldn'​t that be on the floor?"​ he thinks.<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon investigates the odd looking wall more closely, and after checking for any traps, checks the wall for any secret opening mechanisms (knocks on it in different places, looks for seams or hinges/​etc).<​br/>​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon looked at the spiked wall, slightly confused. "​Shouldn'​t that be on
 +the floor?"​ he thought. It actually looked like it might have been pulled
 +off of the flat wall, but surely it would have crushed whoever had been
 +pulling it. He investigated the odd looking wall more closely, and after
 +doing his best to look for traps, checked the wall for any secret opening
 +mechanism. There were no seams or hinges, but when he knocked on it, he felt
 +a gentle tugging sensation, like his knuckles wanted to keep going, into the
 +wall, but it was solid stone.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 2:49 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon will tie off a rope, so he can more easily climb out.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon looks at the spiked wall, slightly confused, "​Shouldn'​t that be
 +on the floor?"​ he thinks.
 +
 +Kreemon investigates the odd looking wall more closely, and after checking
 +for any traps, checks the wall for any secret opening mechanisms (knocks on
 +it in different places, looks for seams or hinges/​etc).
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 5:59:05 PM 
 +
 +OOC: It might be difficult to get out alone, but Kreemon can always turn
 +into an owl if he has to.
 +
 +IC:
 +
 +Kreemon examined the trap door, and looked below. It was a fair drop into a
 +small room, but he could make it. A large, thick slab of metal, maybe seven
 +feet high and three wide, leaned against one rough-hewn wall and almost
 +reached another. Long spikes protruded from it at sharp angles, welded to
 +the surface, and many of them looked like they had some sticky substance on
 +them, possibly blood that was a few days old. He lowered himself in,
 +avoiding the spiked slab. It was indeed blood, and some of the insects had
 +taken advantage of the fresh food.
 +
 +One of the walls was flat, which made it stand out in the tiny, awkwardly
 +shaped cave. The flat wall was darker than the stone around it, and, as
 +Kreemon watched, its grays and blues seemed to move slowly, like dirty oil
 +in a light breeze.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:32 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon examines the trap door, looking to see what is below. Once he has
 +ensured himself there is no spikes (or the like) on the ground, Kreemon
 +ensures he can get back out and then lowers himself into the pit.
 +
 +He checks the pit for blood, and to see of anything else has been disturbed.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 4:53:39 PM 
 +
 +Hanging above the door was a small box made from intricate metalwork, with
 +four small bells inside.
 +
 +Discovery found, Kreemon backtracked to the side tunnel he saw earlier. The
 +short tunnel stopped in what looked like a dead end, but then Kreemon saw
 +what was once a trap door leading into a small room below. The wood from the
 +trap door was mostly rotted away, but it looked like some pieces of it had
 +been recently damaged. Someone had climbed in our out of the hole.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:33 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: that explains the light.. Is it coming from somewhere, or is it
 +emanating from the door/room itself?
 +
 +IC: Discovery found, Kreemon backtracks for a few moments and explores the
 +side tunnel he saw before the pulsating light, before proceeding further.
 +
 +OOC: Any dust, tracks/etc on the floors?
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 4:17:25 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon cursed silently and continued forward, extra vigilant for traps,
 +staying to one side of the tunnel. He rounded the bend and saw something he
 +had not expected at all. At the end of a short hall was a glass panel,
 +wedged at an angle in a slot carved into the walls and floor, with a large
 +Sign of Morenth engraved into its center. It looked like some kind of door
 +that was meant to slide smoothly down into the floor, but the mechanism had
 +broken part-way down, leaving the door askew. There was a room beyond, which
 +Kreemon could get into by climbing over the door. The door and the room
 +pulsated with light.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:10 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon curses silently and continues forward, extra vigilant for tripwires
 +and floor depression panels, towards the light, staying to one side of the
 +tunnel.
 +
 +Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 3:49:28 PM 
 +
 +Ignoring the side-passage,​ Kreemon kept to the side of the tunnel, and
 +carefully continued forward. He heard nothing but the sounds of insects
 +chittering, and even those became less common as the number of insects
 +decreased. The light continued to pulsate slowly.
 +
 +After creeping forward about forty feet, Kreemon felt the floor drop a
 +fraction of an inch below him. He tried to jump out of the way, but was too
 +slow. Panels in the walls sprung open, sending broken fragments of wood and
 +metal flying everywhere. A couple pieces looked like the highly corroded
 +tips of darts.
 +
 +The light didn't change, even though Kreemon'​s position was given away.
 +Perhaps the person was deaf, or maybe it wasn't a person at all. He
 +continued forward, avoiding a few more pressure plates and trip wires.
 +Finally, he saw a turn in the tunnel up ahead, beyond which the light came
 +all the brighter. Scattered all over the tunnel floor were sharp bits of
 +metal -- springs, pieces of old blades and unrecognizable shards. While all
 +the other traps seemed designed to delay, like the sleeping poison, or
 +restrain, like the nets, this one looked like, in its prime, it might have
 +been able to cut intruders'​ legs off.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:42 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves to the side of the tunnel, and carefully continues forward.
 +
 +Moving as quietly and carefully as possible, Kreemon sneaks down the hallway
 +towards the light, listening carefully.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 2:00:57 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon moved carefully down the hallway, looking and listening, while
 +trying to be as quiet as possible. At first, he saw no sign that anyone had
 +been here; the insects had long since covered any trails. But then he
 +noticed a sprung trap, and another. He almost set one off himself, but
 +spotted the tripwire just in time. He followed the winding passage for a
 +long time. Unlike some of the areas he'd explored with Ziedon, the walls of
 +this tunnel were barely worked at all -- just expanded here and there, or
 +smoothed out, He peeked into numerous side-rooms and short passages, where,
 +at most, he found remnants of ancient furniture. Then he turned a corner and
 +saw a light up ahead. As he watched, it slowly dimmed, and then slowly
 +brightened again, as if someone were moving back and forth around a corner.
 +A nearby side-passage branched off to the left.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves carefully down the hallway, looking for signs of previous
 +passage, listening carefully and trying to be as quiet as possible.
 +
 +Kreemon takes his time, watching for traps, tripwires, and the like.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 1:11:19 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon paused and then smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his
 +head. Slipping his skin, Kreemon slid into his wolfhound form and explored
 +passages he'd been in before, taking stock of the scents in the air. The
 +overwhelming smells were those of dust and ash. The cave-in from the fire
 +almost completely drowned out everything else, but there was a hint of a
 +scent that wasn't Ziedon or Kreemon, or Tah'​iera or the insects or snakes.
 +Halaren, most likely, unless someone else had been down here recently. The
 +cave-in made it difficult to tell whether he'd gone that way, but he hadn't
 +gone anywhere else, except briefly into an empty room
 +
 +Kreemon became Human again, feeling a sense of relief as his burned flesh
 +was healed as if he'd had a good night'​s sleep, but he was still tired, both
 +from the very long day -- when had he last slept? -- and some effect of this
 +new form of travel. He concentrated again, and followed a Path leading
 +beyond the collapsed tunnel. He was disoriented for a moment. He felt weak,
 +clumsy, and even more tired than before, but then he shook his head. Not too
 +tired to go on.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes penetrated the intense darkness of the passage. Insects
 +swarmed underfoot. A long tunnel led forward, and a shorter stretch behind
 +stopped abruptly at the cave-in.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon currently has a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon pushes his hand through the wall and then pulls it back out, if no bad effects, he steps through the wall.<​br/><​br/>​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-26) ===
 +Kreemon pushed his hand against the wall and watched it go through. Then, in
 +a moment of panic, he realized he couldn'​t pull it back out. Instead, he was
 +drawn towards the wall, more and more of his body absorbed. In moments, his
 +head went through --
 +
 +-- and he was flung face-down into the ice. He looked back. There was
 +nothing but an old, hollowed-out tree behind him. He was in a forest which
 +had been so damaged by the ice that half the trees no longer had their tops,
 +and many had fallen. The ice had been disturbed all around. Several people
 +had been here, not too long ago.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 4:34 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon pushes his hand through the wall and then pulls it back out, if no
 +bad effects, he steps through the wall.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 7:46:16 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon looked at the spiked wall, slightly confused. "​Shouldn'​t that be on
 +the floor?"​ he thought. It actually looked like it might have been pulled
 +off of the flat wall, but surely it would have crushed whoever had been
 +pulling it. He investigated the odd looking wall more closely, and after
 +doing his best to look for traps, checked the wall for any secret opening
 +mechanism. There were no seams or hinges, but when he knocked on it, he felt
 +a gentle tugging sensation, like his knuckles wanted to keep going, into the
 +wall, but it was solid stone.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 2:49 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon will tie off a rope, so he can more easily climb out.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon looks at the spiked wall, slightly confused, "​Shouldn'​t that be
 +on the floor?"​ he thinks.
 +
 +Kreemon investigates the odd looking wall more closely, and after checking
 +for any traps, checks the wall for any secret opening mechanisms (knocks on
 +it in different places, looks for seams or hinges/​etc).
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 5:59:05 PM 
 +
 +OOC: It might be difficult to get out alone, but Kreemon can always turn
 +into an owl if he has to.
 +
 +IC:
 +
 +Kreemon examined the trap door, and looked below. It was a fair drop into a
 +small room, but he could make it. A large, thick slab of metal, maybe seven
 +feet high and three wide, leaned against one rough-hewn wall and almost
 +reached another. Long spikes protruded from it at sharp angles, welded to
 +the surface, and many of them looked like they had some sticky substance on
 +them, possibly blood that was a few days old. He lowered himself in,
 +avoiding the spiked slab. It was indeed blood, and some of the insects had
 +taken advantage of the fresh food.
 +
 +One of the walls was flat, which made it stand out in the tiny, awkwardly
 +shaped cave. The flat wall was darker than the stone around it, and, as
 +Kreemon watched, its grays and blues seemed to move slowly, like dirty oil
 +in a light breeze.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 1:32 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon examines the trap door, looking to see what is below. Once he has
 +ensured himself there is no spikes (or the like) on the ground, Kreemon
 +ensures he can get back out and then lowers himself into the pit.
 +
 +He checks the pit for blood, and to see of anything else has been disturbed.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 4:53:39 PM 
 +
 +Hanging above the door was a small box made from intricate metalwork, with
 +four small bells inside.
 +
 +Discovery found, Kreemon backtracked to the side tunnel he saw earlier. The
 +short tunnel stopped in what looked like a dead end, but then Kreemon saw
 +what was once a trap door leading into a small room below. The wood from the
 +trap door was mostly rotted away, but it looked like some pieces of it had
 +been recently damaged. Someone had climbed in our out of the hole.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:33 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +OOC: that explains the light.. Is it coming from somewhere, or is it
 +emanating from the door/room itself?
 +
 +IC: Discovery found, Kreemon backtracks for a few moments and explores the
 +side tunnel he saw before the pulsating light, before proceeding further.
 +
 +OOC: Any dust, tracks/etc on the floors?
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 4:17:25 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon cursed silently and continued forward, extra vigilant for traps,
 +staying to one side of the tunnel. He rounded the bend and saw something he
 +had not expected at all. At the end of a short hall was a glass panel,
 +wedged at an angle in a slot carved into the walls and floor, with a large
 +Sign of Morenth engraved into its center. It looked like some kind of door
 +that was meant to slide smoothly down into the floor, but the mechanism had
 +broken part-way down, leaving the door askew. There was a room beyond, which
 +Kreemon could get into by climbing over the door. The door and the room
 +pulsated with light.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 12:10 PM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon curses silently and continues forward, extra vigilant for tripwires
 +and floor depression panels, towards the light, staying to one side of the
 +tunnel.
 +
 +Sent from Yahoo! Mail for iPhone
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 3:49:28 PM 
 +
 +Ignoring the side-passage,​ Kreemon kept to the side of the tunnel, and
 +carefully continued forward. He heard nothing but the sounds of insects
 +chittering, and even those became less common as the number of insects
 +decreased. The light continued to pulsate slowly.
 +
 +After creeping forward about forty feet, Kreemon felt the floor drop a
 +fraction of an inch below him. He tried to jump out of the way, but was too
 +slow. Panels in the walls sprung open, sending broken fragments of wood and
 +metal flying everywhere. A couple pieces looked like the highly corroded
 +tips of darts.
 +
 +The light didn't change, even though Kreemon'​s position was given away.
 +Perhaps the person was deaf, or maybe it wasn't a person at all. He
 +continued forward, avoiding a few more pressure plates and trip wires.
 +Finally, he saw a turn in the tunnel up ahead, beyond which the light came
 +all the brighter. Scattered all over the tunnel floor were sharp bits of
 +metal -- springs, pieces of old blades and unrecognizable shards. While all
 +the other traps seemed designed to delay, like the sleeping poison, or
 +restrain, like the nets, this one looked like, in its prime, it might have
 +been able to cut intruders'​ legs off.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:42 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves to the side of the tunnel, and carefully continues forward.
 +
 +Moving as quietly and carefully as possible, Kreemon sneaks down the hallway
 +towards the light, listening carefully.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 2:00:57 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon moved carefully down the hallway, looking and listening, while
 +trying to be as quiet as possible. At first, he saw no sign that anyone had
 +been here; the insects had long since covered any trails. But then he
 +noticed a sprung trap, and another. He almost set one off himself, but
 +spotted the tripwire just in time. He followed the winding passage for a
 +long time. Unlike some of the areas he'd explored with Ziedon, the walls of
 +this tunnel were barely worked at all -- just expanded here and there, or
 +smoothed out, He peeked into numerous side-rooms and short passages, where,
 +at most, he found remnants of ancient furniture. Then he turned a corner and
 +saw a light up ahead. As he watched, it slowly dimmed, and then slowly
 +brightened again, as if someone were moving back and forth around a corner.
 +A nearby side-passage branched off to the left.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ ] 
 +Sent: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:37 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon moves carefully down the hallway, looking for signs of previous
 +passage, listening carefully and trying to be as quiet as possible.
 +
 +Kreemon takes his time, watching for traps, tripwires, and the like.
 +
 +_____  ​
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​mailto:​dm@zioth.com>​ >; 
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​mailto:​zioth_noreply@zioth.com>​
 +>; 
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow ​
 +Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 1:11:19 PM 
 +
 +Kreemon paused and then smacked himself in the forehead with the palm of his
 +head. Slipping his skin, Kreemon slid into his wolfhound form and explored
 +passages he'd been in before, taking stock of the scents in the air. The
 +overwhelming smells were those of dust and ash. The cave-in from the fire
 +almost completely drowned out everything else, but there was a hint of a
 +scent that wasn't Ziedon or Kreemon, or Tah'​iera or the insects or snakes.
 +Halaren, most likely, unless someone else had been down here recently. The
 +cave-in made it difficult to tell whether he'd gone that way, but he hadn't
 +gone anywhere else, except briefly into an empty room
 +
 +Kreemon became Human again, feeling a sense of relief as his burned flesh
 +was healed as if he'd had a good night'​s sleep, but he was still tired, both
 +from the very long day -- when had he last slept? -- and some effect of this
 +new form of travel. He concentrated again, and followed a Path leading
 +beyond the collapsed tunnel. He was disoriented for a moment. He felt weak,
 +clumsy, and even more tired than before, but then he shook his head. Not too
 +tired to go on.
 +
 +Kreemon'​s eyes penetrated the intense darkness of the passage. Insects
 +swarmed underfoot. A long tunnel led forward, and a shorter stretch behind
 +stopped abruptly at the cave-in.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon currently has a -4 penalty to strength and dexterity.
 +
 +From: Kreemon [mailto:​kreemon@zioth.com] ​
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 10:13 AM
 +To: Zioth Group 1
 +Subject: Re: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +IC: Kreemon pauses and then smacks himself in the forehead with the palm of
 +his head.  Slipping his skin, Kreemon slides into his wolfhound form and
 +begins taking stock of the scents in the air, moving around as necessary.
 +
 +OOC: Kreemon is determining the route that the Priest took, whether he
 +actually took this passage or not.  Its what Kreemon should have done in the
 +first place, I keep forgetting about the benefits of his other forms.
 +
 +IC: Kreemon then slips back into his human form, a sense of relied as his
 +burned flesh is healed and his vigor renewed, and chooses one of the paths
 +that he believed led beyond the collapsed tunnel.
 +
 +Kreemon will Travel along the Path, trying to discern the outside
 +surroundings as he Travels before leaving the Path.
 +
 +From: Zioth DM <​dm@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ >
 +To: Zioth Group 1 <​zioth_noreply@zioth.com <​javascript:​return>​ > 
 +Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:16 AM
 +Subject: RE: Zioth> A shadow
 +
 +Kreemon thanked his new-found resistance to heat. It probably turned a
 +long-lasting limp into merely painful burns. He followed a Path away from
 +the burning library, and found himself even deeper under the House. Insects
 +scurried away at his appearance in a familiar empty room, which came off the
 +older, decomposed library.
 +
 +Kreemon found himself panting with exertion. The Paths were short, but using
 +them, apparently, could be exhausting. He examined the Paths again, looking
 +for people at the ends, but he could see none. Were they not there, or did
 +the Paths deal entirely with place, hiding people?
 +
 +Kreemon walked this time, until he was at the collapsed tunnel. Could he see
 +a way through? It was hard to tell; direction wasn't completely clear. A
 +path might seem to go one way to his normal sense of how things should be,
 +only to end up going the other way. Perhaps with time, he'd get better at
 +it. However, two paths did go to dark tunnels that he didn't recognize.
 +
 +
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Kreemon, 2013-05-26) ===
 +OOC: whew; got scared for a second.<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon turns around and looks at the tree, looking for a grayish blue bark that seems to move, to assure himself that the magical passage wasn't a one way trip.<​br/><​br/>​Once he sees it, Kreemon turns into an owl and flies up in the air to get an idea where specifically this tree is located in relation to the town wall.<​br/><​br/>​Once he has figured it out, he lands back by the tree, turns back into a human and passes through the magical portal.<​br/><​br/>​Looking again at the spiked wall Kreemon thinks, "So if the portal makes you pass through and someone had placed this spike wall in front of that wall, you'd be impaled when you enter and killed, driven onto the wall with magical force, a '​lock',​ so to speak. ​ As it would appear has happened to someone, but no body means they didn't die, and the amount of traffic means more than just the priest is down here.."<​br/><​br/>​Kreemon climbs out of the hole and
 +
 +recovers his rope, he them returns to the room with the partially lowered wall and climbs over it.<​br/><​br/><​br/><​br/><​br/>​
 +
 +=== RE: Zioth> A shadow (Zioth DM, 2013-05-27) ===
 +Kreemon turned around and looked at the tree. There were no slowly swirling
 +colors like inside the cave, but multiple tracks led up to the back of the
 +tree, then stopped. It seemed the magical passage wasn't a one way trip.
 +
 +Kreemon turned into an owl and flew up in the air. His movements were clumsy
 +-- he'd probably look like a wounded animal to anyone below -- but he made
 +it high enough to find that he wasn't overly far from the east wall of
 +Maelbourg. That was all the information he needed. He landed, resumed is
 +normal form and pushed through the portal, barely stopping himself before he
 +was flung into the spiked wall.
 +
 +Looking again at the spiked wall, Kreemon thought, "So if the portal makes
 +you pass through and someone had placed this spike wall in front of that
 +wall, you'd be impaled when you enter and killed, driven onto the wall with
 +magical force, a '​lock',​ so to speak. As it would appear has happened to
 +someone, but no body means they didn't die, and the amount of traffic means
 +more than just the priest is down here."
 +
 +Kreemon climbed out of the hole and recovered his rope, then returned to the
 +room with the partially lowered wall and climbed over it. He landed with a
 +thud, sending up a plume of vile-smelling dust. The floor of the odd,
 +octagonal room was covered in the stuff, at least those parts of it that
 +weren'​t marred by footprints. At least the ever-present insects hadn't
 +gotten in here. 
 +
 +This room was unlike anything Kreemon had seen under the House, or anywhere
 +else for that matter. Unlike the natural stone floor outside, this floor was
 +tiled with a fortune in glass. There was a round pit in the center of the
 +room. Around it, large, dark-colored glass tiles splayed out in eight lines,
 +each ending at one edge of the octagon. The spaces between were filled in
 +with lighter tiles, except for one section, which was opened up into a